Ponty Mython

Members
  • Content Count

    513
  • Joined

  • Last visited


Reputation Activity

  1. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Mirror Mirror in The GREAT BIG General election thread   
    But if prices fall, the amount that you will be able to free up for your kids will also fall? 
    Tricky balancing act, given how percentages work?
  2. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from DocH in Smutty limericks.   
    There was a young lady called Sally
    Who enjoyed the occasional dally
    She sat on the lap
    Of a well-endowed chap
    And said "Sir, you're right up my alley".
     
    Credit to The Crown.
  3. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Bedrag Justesen in The GREAT BIG General election thread   
    Jo Swinson on Jeremy Vine show now. Despite my thinking that the So-Called BBC was lumping on the Lib Dems, Jezza is making her squirm.
    Fucking car crash of a politician.
  4. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Austin Allegro in Peloton - What For?   
    I meant to start a thread on this company yesterday, but forgot!
    IPO six weeks ago, giving a market cap of $8b - yes, billion - what the fuck?! For a company that sells overpriced cycling machines (and, I believe, running machines too now) and a subscription to some online shite to spice up the utter tedium of pedalling in your bedroom, rather than having a wank.
    Canny early investors have only lost 20% of their sponds so far, shouldn't be too long for the remaining 80% to disappear into the directors' pockets and those of their banking chums.
    Utter mongery.
  5. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from stokiescum in Peloton - What For?   
    I meant to start a thread on this company yesterday, but forgot!
    IPO six weeks ago, giving a market cap of $8b - yes, billion - what the fuck?! For a company that sells overpriced cycling machines (and, I believe, running machines too now) and a subscription to some online shite to spice up the utter tedium of pedalling in your bedroom, rather than having a wank.
    Canny early investors have only lost 20% of their sponds so far, shouldn't be too long for the remaining 80% to disappear into the directors' pockets and those of their banking chums.
    Utter mongery.
  6. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Wight Flight in Peloton - What For?   
    Anything made by Apple.
  7. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from the gardener in Smutty limericks.   
    There was a young lady called Sally
    Who enjoyed the occasional dally
    She sat on the lap
    Of a well-endowed chap
    And said "Sir, you're right up my alley".
     
    Credit to The Crown.
  8. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from whocares in London Bridge Shooting   
    Whether 40 or 70, surely at some point Muzzer heaven is going to run out of virgins?
  9. Agree
    Ponty Mython reacted to satch in London Bridge Shooting   
    The Story of Mr Nice and Mr Not-Nice
    So we have nice middle class parents who can indulge their nice son; Mr Nice. He has had a nice easy path through his nice life. I guess (not read anywhere) he had a nice private education and lots of nice toys. He had a nice time at University and had no need to get a proper job. He had a nice girlfriend who helps poor sick animals and he too could continue to be nice and learn about being ‚Äėmore nice‚Äô and then help not-nice people become nice like him, to make the world a nice nicer place.
    Usman was a not-nice but when you have lived a life in nice-world it is difficult to see why anyone would really be not nice. So a few nice words and being nice, and Usman would be transformed from not nice to nice and the world would be a nicer nice place. Sadly Usman was a convicted terrorist with extreme death cult views and in death-cult world being nice is being weak and the weak are there to be manipulated and exploited. Mr Nice found out the hard way that death-cult people are not nice and never will be nice in the same way that nice people like Mr Nice would not become un-nice and go around stabbing nice peopl, which is exactly what death-cult not nice people do.

     
    .
  10. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from LC1 in London Bridge Shooting   
    I thought you were referring to DOSBODS for a moment...
  11. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Happy Renting in London Bridge Shooting   
    I thought you were referring to DOSBODS for a moment...
  12. Cheers
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from billfunk in Rugby League   
    Piqued, surely?
  13. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from PatronizingGit in London Bridge Shooting   
    Tobias Ellwood:
    "A stark reminder of the dangerous and diverse threats we continue to face but also of the incredible bravery and professionalism of our emergency services in so swiftly closing this incident down."
    Subtle. I like it.
  14. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Bus Stop Boxer in London Bridge Shooting   
    Tobias Ellwood:
    "A stark reminder of the dangerous and diverse threats we continue to face but also of the incredible bravery and professionalism of our emergency services in so swiftly closing this incident down."
    Subtle. I like it.
  15. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Fischer in London Bridge Shooting   
    Tobias Ellwood:
    "A stark reminder of the dangerous and diverse threats we continue to face but also of the incredible bravery and professionalism of our emergency services in so swiftly closing this incident down."
    Subtle. I like it.
  16. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Carl Fimble in London Bridge Shooting   
    Tobias Ellwood:
    "A stark reminder of the dangerous and diverse threats we continue to face but also of the incredible bravery and professionalism of our emergency services in so swiftly closing this incident down."
    Subtle. I like it.
  17. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from JoeDavola in London Bridge Shooting   
    Tobias Ellwood:
    "A stark reminder of the dangerous and diverse threats we continue to face but also of the incredible bravery and professionalism of our emergency services in so swiftly closing this incident down."
    Subtle. I like it.
  18. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Ina in London Bridge Shooting   
    Tobias Ellwood:
    "A stark reminder of the dangerous and diverse threats we continue to face but also of the incredible bravery and professionalism of our emergency services in so swiftly closing this incident down."
    Subtle. I like it.
  19. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Great Guy in Hunt for animal killers in Bramshaw, New Forest   
    Indeed, as an errant piece of buckshot embedded in one's arse after ricocheting off a tree would attest!
  20. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Libspero in Hunt for animal killers in Bramshaw, New Forest   
    Shoots seemed to have changed a lot since we were nippers. Back in the day, it was bundle everyone onto a flat trailer with a few bales of straw to sit on, stop at some random spot, beaters do their thing, birds fly in the air and shooters blast anything that moves (including, on occasion, beaters and each other). Pick up dead stuff, bundle back on to the trailer, off to another spot for more of the same.
    I walked past an active shoot recently; each shooter had to stand firm on a mark, of which there were perhaps a dozen, all equidistant. The beaters were given a signal and worked methodically, within a confined area. Shooting was only allowed in one direction and within a certain arc. Shooters were accompanied by a serf, who swapped between two shotguns and re-loaded each time.
    Very elitist these days, no doubt bloody expensive too.
  21. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from Libspero in Hunt for animal killers in Bramshaw, New Forest   
    Indeed, as an errant piece of buckshot embedded in one's arse after ricocheting off a tree would attest!
  22. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from LC1 in Hunt for animal killers in Bramshaw, New Forest   
    Indeed, as an errant piece of buckshot embedded in one's arse after ricocheting off a tree would attest!
  23. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from gibbon in Enrichment   
    Fuck off...
  24. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from The XYY Man in Enrichment   
    Fuck off...
  25. Agree
    Ponty Mython got a reaction from The Grey Man in Enrichment   
    Did a long bus trip through Bolivia a few years ago; when it came to "rest-stops", it was a case of women to the left, men to the right, this was in the middle of a village. 
    If you've gotta go, you gotta go...