• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Welcome, friend, to the DOSBODS Forum!

This forum was created to enable and encourage people to talk openly, without threat of censorship from an omnipresent advertising agency that doesn't agree with the content. There are no ads on this website and it's free. I will only ban spammers, although I have ramped up the CAPTCHA settings so hopefully there won't be too many spambots posting here.

If you have any questions please post them here.

Hello
Long time spectator at "other place". Like to read good intelligent debate (well most of the time).
Not a big fan of oversensitive censoring but that seems the way these days.
Anyway please continue as before.

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Welcome, friend, to the DOSBODS Forum!

This forum was created to enable and encourage people to talk openly, without threat of censorship from an omnipresent advertising agency that doesn't agree with the content. There are no ads on this website and it's free. I will only ban spammers, although I have ramped up the CAPTCHA settings so hopefully there won't be too many spambots posting here.

If you have any questions please post them here.

Thanks for that, will be fun to see how it works out. If you need any tech back and/or a sub for the hosting, happy to chip in.

One random tech point, the registration email I got went straight to my spam folder. I _think_ that's because you don't the reverse DNS setup. If this is sharing a server with other stuff there's not much to be done about that but if you created a new VPS somewhere then fixing that might be possible.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

One random tech point, the registration email I got went straight to my spam folder. I _think_ that's because you don't the reverse DNS setup. If this is sharing a server with other stuff there's not much to be done about that but if you created a new VPS somewhere then fixing that might be possible.

Cheers

It's on a dedicated IP but hidden behind Cloudflare's system which means I'm sharing this 'visible' cloudflare IP with about 20 other sites normally. I'll find a workaround tomorrow, I think it's an SPF issue.

Cheers Spunks.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Thank you spunko.

i have been a follower of HPC since 2006 and joined in 2007. I rarely post, having managed just 270 posts in a decade! But then again, I only post where I can add a direct area of personal knowledge, but value the great expertise of those who post more often.

Living in Asia, I am indebted to you all in being my primary source of information from the 'home' country, as I never really get the chance to travel back. The two topics I have been most closely following of late, like many, were the Islamist ones. I am not against immigration, essentially being an immigrant myself, but I worry for my children in the UK and their future.

The decision to close down discussion on HPC was one I could see coming, as it is part of a wider attempt by commercial interests to support the 'consensus' of the past 20-years. I am all the more glad that someone has taken the time, expense and effort of providing a platform for the free speech and flow of individual ideas to flourish.

Edit: spelling, a missing word and two missing commas

Questions:

Are the red and green arrows for 'voting'? If so, what are the implications for the post, the thread, the receiving and the giving user?

Will this forum be 'open' for anyone to join indefinitely? Will it be indexed (Google)? Are IPs logged?

Will there be any moderation? If so, have you got any thoughts on what will be unacceptable?

More probably to come...

Many thanks Spunko for creating this forum and for me being able to join in. The Off Topic forum was, frankly, the best thing about HPCrash in my opinion. Lots of humour and educative posts.  I hardly read the main forum. However, the moderator's 'Ironfist' Big Brother approach to certain threads being pulled certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't like the idea of advertising revenue dictating attitudes relating to free speech. Dosbods already bookmarked. Best wishes with the new forum.  

Was a silent lurker for maybe twelve years at the other place, veering more towards off-topic as time went on, but very disappointed at the more recent 'bookburning' moderation, complete with a Nuremburg defence no less. Hoping for better here