• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Thanks for letting me join. I look forward to many interesting discussions. Like Masked Tulip I was really upset by the two threads being deleted. It seems that an open discussion on what I see as the biggest threat our tolerant way of life is faced with is something we can't air.

Thanks Spunko.  

I've lurked on HPCOT for a decade now, loved the stories of Joe's ex shitting the bed - it gets me through the working day and I'd be gutted if it disappeared.  So it's time I posted.  That may not be a good thing.....

Heyho thanks for setting all this up.  very disappointed with what's happened.  HPC has been a real source of information for me over the last few years, I love the banter and off topic is one of the best sections.

The DOSBODS thread is legendary and Joe's scatological thread was compulsory reading

Hi all

thanks again spunko. Happy to donate as/when

As others have said I was sad to see both threads (but more IOE thread) disappear as they were a great source of debate on what the biggest critical change in our society is/was. 

It is extremely worrying how pernicious censorship is becoming in the Western world.

One of the posters on the OT forum was likening our discussion to something on Stormfront.

It is sickening to be accused of being a Nazi when you are trying to look for solutions for serious challenges to our future.

Thank you Spunko for this platform.

14 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

It is extremely worrying how pernicious censorship is becoming in the Western world.

One of the posters on the OT forum was likening our discussion to something on Stormfront.

It is sickening to be accused of being a Nazi when you are trying to look for solutions for serious challenges to our future.

I often wear a replica gestapo uniform (the rest of the time I'm naked) when browsing HPCOT, so he had a point

18 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Yes, I saw that on The Other Site. Wonder if that user will sign up here using the same username. S/he seemed to be quite relieved the terrorist wasn't a refugee or "traditional muslim".  It was offensive to be called a Nazi but I would have preferred to debate it out than have the thread closed. 

9 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

One random tech point, the registration email I got went straight to my spam folder. I _think_ that's because you don't the reverse DNS setup. If this is sharing a server with other stuff there's not much to be done about that but if you created a new VPS somewhere then fixing that might be possible.

Mine too. Your 'send me another' pointed it out though.
But thanks. :)

Cheers spunko. Top bloke. I didn't get the email but I see you must still be approving manually. Freedom and free speech are under threat so I really appreciate the effort you have put in. Thanks!

Long time lurker at the other site, but gave up trying to post as it took several days for my posts to appear. Good luck with the new site all.

28 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Yes, I saw that on The Other Site. Wonder if that user will sign up here using the same username. S/he seemed to be quite relieved the terrorist wasn't a refugee or "traditional muslim".  It was offensive to be called a Nazi but I would have preferred to debate it out than have the thread closed. 

I missed how that thread got closed in the first place. What happened ?

Just now, BLOOLOO said:

Warning from the past...posters who joined the "rebel" site on the last couple of occasions were banned from the other site. 

So it may come to pass again.

They don't seem to care this time - I think they just don't want the kind of discussions we've been having on their boards so are happy for us to bugger off somewhere else to do it rather than cause trouble there.

5 minutes ago, This Time said:

They don't seem to care this time - I think they just don't want the kind of discussions we've been having on their boards so are happy for us to bugger off somewhere else to do it rather than cause trouble there.

To be honest, if I didn't check the url, I wouldn't know the difference so far :)

5 minutes ago, This Time said:

We'll see once the mods wake up I suppose. But the last time, the rebel site had the same overall forum content right? (HPC), whereas this is the first time we've spun off with a site dedicated to what the mods would consider subversive content, so they're probably glad it exists. 

7 minutes ago, This Time said:

I think last time it was viewed as an attempt to poach the forums general users. I think this time they genuinely don't want certain things brought up, so are probably happy for people to have an outlet elsewhere.

Maybe once everyone has migrated over here we should have a mass organised shit-smearing session over on HPCOT as a parting gift to the moderators