• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

1 minute ago, The Prick said:

Maybe once everyone has migrated over here we should have a mass organised shit-smearing session over on HPCOT as a parting gift to the moderators

No. It's not the moderators fault and burning bridges is rarely a good thing.

I don't know what happened fully to get those 2 threads deleted either, I have to admit I did post a few things that were close to the line but don't think I caused the actual closure (as I am not banned - yet?!?). Does anyone have the inside story? :) 

2 minutes ago, NTB said:

No. It's not the moderators fault and burning bridges is rarely a good thing.

We have no bridges, we've left and moved to the promised land

15 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I don't know what happened fully to get those 2 threads deleted either, I have to admit I did post a few things that were close to the line but don't think I caused the actual closure (as I am not banned - yet?!?). Does anyone have the inside story? :) 

The last banning was that the "perps" used the secret messaging system to recruit new members, and they were quite rude too.

The mods just posted this on the overclockers thread:

There were posts removed from a thread this week that advocated violent attacks on people of a different faith.  That was the straw that broke the camel's back for the moderators.

Didn't see that myself.

2 minutes ago, This Time said:

The mods just posted this on the overclockers thread:

Didn't see that myself.

I was looking at the thread during the 'death threat post'. I never saw the post that got deleted but considering the level of disgust at yet another attack I thought the thread was as respectful as it could be. By all means a post inciting violence should be deleted but not an entire thread.

4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Looks like the Moderators on the other site don't mind this one. I'm glad, I didn't want this to be a replacement for HPC entirely. 

They are probably quite relived. GlobalHousePriceCrash was a direct rival whereas this site is taking the threads that they don't want. They should post a link in the OT to this site as long as we promise not to talk about house prices here.

Just now, spunko2010 said:

Looks like the Moderators on the other site don't mind this one. I'm glad, I didn't want this to be a replacement for HPC entirely. 

Regardless of what the other side think, this will be my go to forum from now on. The deletion of an entire thread because of, allegedly, one bad apple (didn't see it myself), and exacerbated by Big Brother Google's involvement, made the switch over an easy decision. Feels good to be part of something fresh and new. Glad to see so many have made the leap. Free speech. 

Hello. I'm suprised the islam thread lasted as long as it did. It only takes one shit post from somebody on the other side to close it down.

Can we swear on here?

bugger fuck twats!

Edit : Yes we fucking can! xD

4 minutes ago, Drew Butler said:

Long term lurker of HPC, appalled by the recent censorship.

From Cambridge, have had some success with Tinder recently so there should be some dating stories from me at least!

This site needs a DOSBODS thread.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Awesome forum creation skills Spunko, thank you.

Probably the organisation skills of getting it all sorted. Forum software comes out of a packet. Even I could do that, and I'm a thicko. But you need it hosted, and getting the DNS right. Don't please change the "skin" to something too wizzy. It's fine as it is. Put your avatar in Frank.