• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Hi everyone!

Thank you Spunko! Thank you for giving us this chance to keep discussing things freely.

I was a regular (daily almost) lurker at the other place for twelve years- never registered there. I registered to this one straight away though.

I feel like we have never needed free speech more than we need it now, it's our last chance to prevent the destruction of all our ancestors created. To me Brexit, Trump and the creation of this forum (seriously!) represent a chance for us to rescue ourselves (and others) from the situation we have gotten ourselves in.

I'm keen to read more from you lot, I see many of you I remember from the other place have migrated* over, I think you could be considered refugees from there though really.

I'll be able to post if I feel brave enough and it's a subject I feel I can add something to, this is the first forum I've ever joined and commented on I think, apart from maybe one post on MSE years ago

Anyway, thanks again Spunko, and everyone who has written stuff on the other place which I've read, learned from and laughed at over the years.

Here's to free speech, a future for us and the children who follow us!

*pun not intended but I decided to leave it in so I could shoe-horn the refugee bit which came to me. It's an important distinction though, that between migrants and refugees.

9 minutes ago, karelian said:

The thread over on HPC has been locked and will be deleted at 15:00.

Harumph! I would call that pointing a gun at yer foot!:$

Without contributors, they will have no content!

Posted on HPC site since 2004/2005'ish. Lots of comments of "seen it all before with break off site." Well firstly I don't think of this as a break off site at all. The internet is changing, or should I say being manipulated and free speech is rapidly becoming something the mainstream press and politicians do not like. Nothing to stop them going after one topic or view after another - next crisis when the banks try and screw over their populations again there may well be pressure to prevent any negative reaction to that and those sites that rolled over before on other issues will likely do so again. 

Hey-hey!

Grab your wives and hide your daughters, I'm in Da House!

Big thanks to SpunkFace for his time and energy in setting up this site, and managing a civil split with The Other Place. I don't envy his future as moderator, I'm sure there's going to be shit posted on here that could get him/her in legal trouble :( and that he/she will no doubt have to boot out a few people, just like the HPC mods did!

Personally I have no beef with HPC - they run a great site & allow a wide range of views to be expressed. But like everyone they draw a line in the sand, it's arbitrary but it's their site, their rules. End of story.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Indeed Lurky, but I can swear here. And yes some people will overstep the line.O.o AND this is public, and I wouldn't want to run it.:o

I can swear as much as I like on here - and I love swearing me like.

And yet I haven't dropped a "C-bomb".

Some people might just surprise you Pinny...

;)

XYY

Thanks for setting this up, much appreciated. Was a longtime poster on the other site, got a permanent posting ban in 2012 so lurked since then. I was given no explanation as to why I was banned, despite asking the moderators a few times.

4 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

Thanks for setting this up, much appreciated. Was a longtime poster on the other site, got a permanent posting ban in 2012 so lurked since then. I was given no explanation as to why I was banned, despite asking the moderators a few times.

Are you a loud mouthed plonker like XYY?

It's a bit random, like Kafka's Trial.

I hope there is no reason to ban anyone here.

Just now, The XYY Man said:

I would argue that *loud-mouthed* plonker - i.e. with a hyphen - would be more correct Sooty.

XYY

All forums have grammar Nazis. Why should this be different?

Just been in the old place and looked at how many post there were in the last hour (all activity - there were 12) whilst over here there were 44, fickle thing the digital age. Wonder what would happen to bookface or twatter if their traffic more than halved in little over a day.

4 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Just been in the old place and looked at how many post there were in the last hour (all activity - there were 12) whilst over here there were 44, fickle thing the digital age. Wonder what would happen to bookface or twatter if their traffic more than halved in little over a day.

Gun, foot, aim!

I'm in. Not posted too often over there in the past couple of years, but used to be way more active. As others have said, unless new members are somehow found, it'll struggle! Happy to contribute funds if needed. 

Just now, Uptherebels said:

I'm in. Not posted too often over there in the past couple of years, but used to be way more active. As others have said, unless new members are somehow found, it'll struggle! Happy to contribute funds if needed. 

I think a few of us would appreciate a chilled bottle of the "broon".

48 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Are you a loud mouthed plonker like XYY?

He is, isn't he mister Pin.

But I'm here now to make sure he behaves himself, and stops all that horrible swearing.

Becasue if he doesn't - it'll be a long time before he gets a sniff of my fucking minge again...

Mrs XYY