• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarahbell

Do you live in a crap area?

How to tell?
Fewer than 200 of Tesco's 3,500 UK stores have trolleys which need a coin or keyring token to use them.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39383535

So I assume that if trolleys at your local tesco are using a £1 lock then you're in a crap area.

Failsworth didn't have locks on the trolleys when they first arrived, they have this thing that locks the wheels up. 

No coins needed for trollies here. Maybe I should move to a crap area? One of my mates bought a house in a "prize" part of Manchester, where the insurance company insisted on bars on the ground floor windows, and the takeaways wouldn't deliver to that postcode.

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

How to tell?
Fewer than 200 of Tesco's 3,500 UK stores have trolleys which need a coin or keyring token to use them.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39383535

So I assume that if trolleys at your local tesco are using a £1 lock then you're in a crap area.

Failsworth didn't have locks on the trolleys when they first arrived, they have this thing that locks the wheels up. 

From my house I can hit a golf ball into at least ten million pound houses and the same number of 100k houses. Does that mean they only lock up 50% of trollies at the local Tesco Express?

Ha! Here in 3rd World Cambodia, I have not seen any coin-op trolleys. Seemingly no one has thought of using them as as canal obstructions yet.

So that means the suburbs of Phnom Penh are officially not crap compared to parts of the U.K.?

Given the recent history of Cambodia, I would think that this is a good example of the decline of the U.K.

I wonder what can have caused that?

3 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

Failsworth isn't crap. It's got way more pubs than the average for somewhere like that, which makes it good. 

I'm sure it's not shit Blobby. I just know my mate's car was liberated.

I guess I must live in a crap area. I saw two 'dead' shopping trolleys lying forlornly down my street this week. Both abandoned and alone. The Aldi was the worst - metal caved in from probably a blow from a brick, one wheel missing and a handlebar slashed with a Stanley Knife. A pitiful sight. Broke my heart it did to see such a fine specimen of transportation brought to its knees in this most ugliest way. Not even WD40 could have saved it.  

Every store around here uses coins, but it's not really a crap area - only a small town dominated by students during term time (and I live sufficiently far from it to avoid them completely). 

7 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

No coin slots in any Dumfries & Galloway Tesco. It is a nice area of the uk. I've grown to appreciate my home area as I've aged 🙂

Yes..

Having worked extensively in Scotland for the last couple of years, I'm coming to the conclusion it is a very civilised place to live.

No hospital car park fees. No university fees. Free dentistry. Free prescriptions. Small population. Fantastic environment.

Whereas England is eating itself up.

6 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Yes..

Having worked extensively in Scotland for the last couple of years, I'm coming to the conclusion it is a very civilised place to live.

No hospital car park fees. No university fees. Free dentistry. Free prescriptions. Small population. Fantastic environment.

Whereas England is eating itself up.

The overcrowding down south is becoming a nightmare going by what I've read about it.

I do consider myself very lucky indeed to live in a sparsely populated area where traffic jams are few and you can be out in the countryside within minutes.

2 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

The overcrowding down south is becoming a nightmare going by what I've read about it.

I do consider myself very lucky indeed to live in a sparsely populated area where traffic jams are few and you can be out in the countryside within minutes.

Wait until I park my Winnebago outside you croft, and play guitar badly with a a 2 kW PA

5 hours ago, Tabasco kid said:

I guess I must live in a crap area. I saw two 'dead' shopping trolleys lying forlornly down my street this week. Both abandoned and alone. The Aldi was the worst - metal caved in from probably a blow from a brick, one wheel missing and a handlebar slashed with a Stanley Knife. A pitiful sight. Broke my heart it did to see such a fine specimen of transportation brought to its knees in this most ugliest way. Not even WD40 could have saved it.  

An impressive amount of effort went into the destruction of the various elements of what makes a trolley a trolley.

If only they'd used their super-powers for good.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Wait until I park my Winnebago outside you croft, and play guitar badly with a a 2 kW PA

I wish I did live in a croft! Preferably in Nort West Scotland.

My house type is the typical roughcast variety common in Scotland. At least it's not the dreary grey colour though.

On the edge of town which is better than being more central and the countryside is in easy walking distance 

Just now, Economic Exile said:

I wish I did live in a croft! Preferably in Nort West Scotland.

My house type is the typical roughcast variety common in Scotland. At least it's not the dreary grey colour though.

On the edge of town which is better than being more central and the countryside is in easy walking distance 

I had adventures in Scotland. I sold my house up to move there. It was oil business, and then the oil ran out

6 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I live in a shithole.

I like living in a shithole.

Happy as a pig in shit...

XYY

Yes, it's alright enough for you isn't it Andrew...?

But it's me that has to clean the bastard...!

Mrs XYY