• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

Bitcoin revolution - brilliant, or Ponzi of the decade?

Posted (edited)

I joined the bitcoin revolution just after breakfast this morning. I didn't have any cash, so I invested the foil lid from the top of my milk bottle. I've just checked my bitcoin account and I'm a multi-millionaire! Please plough your money into this obvious scam so i can cash out at your expense when it all goes tits up.

To be fair, if the mirror are promoting bitcoin in this way, we're at the media attention phase of the classic "psychology of bubble" chart and there could be some big gains to be had. just get out at the right time..

I've spoken to a few friends who have done quite nicely out of bitcoin (so far) but they appear to be in denial that it could ever crash.

psychology-of-asset-bubbles.jpg

Edited by Reck B

Posted (edited)

If you click on the other links e.g. "Sport"- it doesn't take you to a Mirror website.

I can't verify a youtube upload (which will happen) of such a show being aired.

Edited by 201p

I'm not complaining. I bought £100 of BC back in February. Since then I've bought a load of software, a VPN and donated to a few deserving YT'ers. And I've still got £109 worth of BC in my digital wallet. Cheers for the retarded bull-run lads.

The other thing is a "trading system" - ask, why would a programmer release a millionaire making trading system for the public, when they would keep it for themselves, and borrow lots of money to trade with it, and keep reinvesting in the proceeds?

2 minutes ago, 201p said:

The other thing is a "trading system" - ask, why would a programmer release a millionaire making trading system for the public, when they would keep it for themselves, and borrow lots of money to trade with it, and keep reinvesting in the proceeds?

That was one of my thoughts. The other always is - if someone is winning, who is losing?

Posted (edited)

In the other sub forum - Trump has mentioned Bitcoin for the first time in the last 24 hours, and he has already tweeted nearly 43,000 times. (I did a search).

I have no doubt Trump will defend the dollar at the "glass ceiling", and he will make a lot of people very unhappy. But mean time, enjoy the ride.

Edited by 201p

3 minutes ago, 201p said:

why would a programmer release a millionaire making trading system for the public, when they would keep it for themselves, and borrow lots of money to trade with it, and keep reinvesting in the proceeds?

I believe Aesop had the definitive answer to that one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Statue_of_Hermes#4_The_wish-fulfilling_image

So you can deposit £200. 

Bad case, you can never withdraw your "profits"

Worst case, you've lost £200, and they have your bank details !

Posted (edited)

They deleted Jim Davidson's Twitter account (when I tried to verify his millionaire gainz claimz)

Comedian Jim Davidson isn't laughing now he's unable to tweet, thanks to his rant defending Mark Field's violence towards a female campaigner

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jim-davidsons-twitter-account-deleted-16671449

https://twitter.com/JimDOfficial

Edited by 201p

2 minutes ago, 201p said:

They deleted Jim Davidson's Twitter account (when I tried to verify his millionaire gainz claimz)

Comedian Jim Davidson isn't laughing now he's unable to tweet, thanks to his rant defending Mark Field's violence towards a female campaigner

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jim-davidsons-twitter-account-deleted-16671449

https://twitter.com/JimDOfficial

The funny thing is the first rat I smelled was that Jim Davidson is playing a little gig down here later in the year. Not a thing a millionaire would bother with.

3 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

The funny thing is the first rat I smelled was that Jim Davidson is playing a little gig down here later in the year. Not a thing a millionaire would bother with.

I don't see why not, Roger Daltrey likes his small gigs and he is a multi-millionaire.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I don't see why not, Roger Daltrey likes his small gigs and he is a multi-millionaire.

I doubt he likes getting a little ferry to do them do a bunch of 80 year olds.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Then there is the trying out of new stuff, comedians especially use smaller venues to gauge the response they get, nothing worse than doing a big event and it falling flat.

Do a gig in Ryde and nobody gives a fuck if its a bit iffy.

2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I doubt he likes getting a little ferry to do them do a bunch of 80 year olds.

Careful now, you're going a bit like me when I returned to Cornwall when everything else seemed a long way away so you stopped going there.

Come to think of it I have barely been out of the county this year.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Careful now, you're going a bit like me when I returned to Cornwall when everything else seemed a long way away so you stopped going there.

I am struggling to come up with a decent reason to go to the mainland - apart from to catch a plane off it again.

Just now, Wight Flight said:

I am struggling to come up with a decent reason to go to the mainland - apart from to catch a plane off it again.

It's when you start thinking of the next town as "a bit far" that you really need to worry.

42 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Are you still "serving time" at HM's pleasure?