• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Well, it’s one way of dealing with thieving bastards

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7241553/Father-allegedly-beats-thief-death-stole-car-kids-inside.html

A Philadelphia father was allegedly assisted by a gang of men in fatally assaulting a suspect who stole his girlfriend's car with their young children inside. 

The violent incident began when an unidentified woman, 25, was traveling with her three children and stopped outside a pizza shop on 29th and Dauphin St in Strawberry Mansion, Philadelphia at 9.50 pm on Thursday.   

The woman was visiting her boyfriend, 25, who worked at the pizzeria and left her Hyundai sedan running outside. 

A  54-year-old man then got into the car and took off with three children, aged 7-months, one and five, inside the vehicle. 

He was able to drive about half a block before he became caught in traffic, and the couple then caught up with him and forced him out of the car, NBC reported. 

The carjacker then fled on foot, but the father caught up with him and a physical confrontation ensued. It is understood the man is the father of two of the children.

In fairness I'd might do the same as the father in a similar situation. Although fortunately my wife would never leave our child in the car unattended or leave the it running, never mind both together so I'd never find myself in that position. 

2 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

In fairness I'd might do the same as the father in a similar situation. Although fortunately my wife would never leave our child in the car unattended or leave the it running, never mind both together so I'd never find myself in that position. 

It's obviously an excellent move to leave children in cars with the key. Before you know it they have worked it out, and it's a write off.

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7241553/Father-allegedly-beats-thief-death-stole-car-kids-inside.html

A Philadelphia father was allegedly assisted by a gang of men in fatally assaulting a suspect who stole his girlfriend's car with their young children inside. 

How near are you to Philadaphia, and why does this worry you?

8 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

However she should be able to without some scumbag stealing the car 

Still a bit reckless 

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It's obviously an excellent move to leave children in cars with the key. Before you know it they have worked it out, and it's a write off.

My two year old son has already worked out where we keep our keys, which key is the door key and has been caught several times trying to unlock and then open the door. It's an old door and there's a knack to opening it that he hasn't mastered, otherwise I think he'd be long gone by now. 

1 minute ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

My two year old son has already worked out where we keep our keys, which key is the door key and has been caught several times trying to unlock and then open the door. It's an old door and there's a knack to opening it that he hasn't mastered, otherwise I think he'd be long gone by now. 

You have an intelligent child there, mentor him well he may be Padawan.

1 minute ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

They (kids) want to escape our care until they realise that running a home costs money. I leave my door unlocked most of the time but my 25 year old son hasn’t gone yet xD

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

They (kids) want to escape our care until they realise that running a home costs money. I leave my door unlocked most of the time but my 25 year old son hasn’t gone yet xD

You need to lock the door when he is out. Preferably change the locks. xD

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

Doesn’t worry me at all, just wondering if we should adopt this approach this side of the pond. 

Not really. You only know when a situation arises.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

There is such a thing as a planned strategy 

You strike me as worried about stuff that won't happen, and I don't think think that's you. You been talking to some arseholes here, and the fear rubs off somehow.O.o

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

You strike me as worried about stuff that won't happen, and I don't think think that's you. You been talking to some arseholes here, and the fear rubs off somehow.O.o

Reading the daily mail does that o.O

12 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Which arseholes are you talking about?

39 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

Yes.  Given that one child was under 1, and was likely his, then there's a deep instinct to protect the family, which could well result in murder.  I think many people would do similar, albeit a decent skillset would be required to have this end result.

Just now, Carl Fimble said:

Oh G-d!

Good lord Carl. Are you a francophone. I only have a saxophone myself.

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

Well I think you're accusing some people here of being "arseholes". I just wondered who you were talking about?

I think people worry too much about "imagined" problems which aren't there. That is all.

32 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Is the chance of her/anyone else in Britain being :

Stabbed

Raped

Abused

Mugged

Held back from jobs/training

Being forced to move to avoid danger

Killed by a knife

Killed by a bomb

Killed by a car/truck/vehicle

A witness to something horrendous

Made to be a minority in her own country

Forced to live in fear

Higher, or lower than it was before the gates were opened to those from outwith our country?

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Is the chance of her/anyone else in Britain being :

Stabbed

Raped

Abused

Mugged

Held back from jobs/training

Being forced to move to avoid danger

Killed by a knife

Killed by a bomb

Killed by a car/truck/vehicle

A witness to something horrendous

Made to be a minority in her own country

Forced to live in fear

Higher, or lower than it was before the gates were opened to those from outwith our country?

I like the use of “outwith” Carl. Superb word.