• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

The establishment proposing to get into bed with everyone

The last place of freedom is about to go

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48972243

Ministers are reportedly planning to issue guidance on how much sleep people should be getting every night.

The recommendations are expected as part of a series of proposals aimed at improving public health in the UK.

According to a leaked draft of the plans seen by The Times, up to three in four adults do not regularly get at least seven hours sleep per night.

It warns that making do with less has been linked to a range of physical and mental health problems.

whats that I hear?  Scrape, scrape, scrape.  Yep, the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped by an establishment looking for the last plausible (to them) excuse as to why it’s all a little bit shit. It’s because you don’t get enough sleep. 

Sleep is complex, and their suggestions over-simplified.

Anyway, if gov starts saying 'sleep at least 7 hours' I'm going to start thinking that I should be sleeping less than 7 hours -- they get everything wrong.

No, this is a way of setting mandated maximum work limits for human serf-drones. As long as you get the statutory 7 hours of sleep time (regardless of whether you actually choose to sleep during that period) you can't complain in future that you have to work the remaining 17 hours of each day.

I think I'm being satirical.

Posted (edited)

In time they'll be charging people for exceeding the statutory sleep limit of 7 hours.

If you don't get 7 hours sleep then no NHS for you.

It also sounds like a way to enforce prescription of sleeping pills for pharma profits.

Edited by twocents

Do you know what would be good for the nation's health?

Seeing members of the ruling elite swinging on the end of a rope. I recommend a minimum of 7 per day. Any less than that could have dire consequences for the wellbeing of the nation. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It sounds like stupid non news. Maybe something else is going on?

Are you a "spook"...?

You are, aren't you Mister Claypole....

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

clay-pole

I already said that. Do keep-up Leonard...!

And save whatever it is that you're doing under your desk until play-time...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Matt fucking Hancock. I might have known. 9_9

Why the fuck can't they mind their own fucking business. 9_9

4 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Do you know what would be good for the nation's health?

Seeing members of the ruling elite swinging on the end of a rope. I recommend a minimum of 7 per day. Any less than that could have dire consequences for the wellbeing of the nation. 

I like it! B|

5 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

They should turn the TV and internet off at 11pm like they used to in the 1970s.

I can't remember the internet going off at 11pm.

I remember huddling around candles during the power cuts, though

18 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

hand-cock.

just practising my dead pan retard replies, like beavis and butthead used to.

Can I have a try...?

Bell-end.

Ohh, mind that is rather fun isn't it...!

;)

XYY

1 hour ago, JackieO said:

Matt fucking Hancock. I might have known. 9_9

Why the fuck can't they mind their own fucking business. 9_9

I like it! B|

Hancock was born in Cheshire, where his family run a software business.[1] Hancock studied PPE at Exeter College, Oxford[1] and Economics at Christ's College, Cambridge. He was an economist at the Bank of England before becoming an economic advisor (and later Chief of Staff) to Gideon.

Because hes 'clever' and wants to share that cleverness with you.

People need 7-8 sleep a day.

At a push I can run with 5h + 1h nap.

I can also run a deficit fro about 5 days. But I need to catch up on Saturday with 2 h or my brain turns to mush.

I always get up at roughly same time - 5/6.

I an vary the going to bed time but if I vary the getting up - or sleeping in time then I fuck up my sleep clock.

Run away from any person who says - and may actually - claim to only sleep 5h/night, getting up to run for 1h or go the gym, before getting into work at 7am.

These people will fuck up everything in  sight. Long running sleep deprivation turns people fucking manically useless.

16 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Finally, some numbers of yours I can believe.

Gordon Brown obviously got a good 9 hours every night then...

;)

XYY

Au contrair my foul mouth monkey fiddler.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gordon-brown-needs-more-sleep-408364

Brown was the worse, up all night creating these mental complex fuckups that you and i, and our children and their children will be paying off.

Combines traits i hate - an idiot who makes really complex stuff. My life is plague by these type of people ..... Weve got this oxbridge consultant in, he worked for Andersons.... he reckons he can fix all the issues.....

7 hours ago, One percent said:

The last place of freedom is about to go

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48972243

Ministers are reportedly planning to issue guidance on how much sleep people should be getting every night.

The recommendations are expected as part of a series of proposals aimed at improving public health in the UK.

According to a leaked draft of the plans seen by The Times, up to three in four adults do not regularly get at least seven hours sleep per night.

It warns that making do with less has been linked to a range of physical and mental health problems.

whats that I hear?  Scrape, scrape, scrape.  Yep, the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped by an establishment looking for the last plausible (to them) excuse as to why it’s all a little bit shit. It’s because you don’t get enough sleep. 

Having school places near to where you actually live might help in the case of parents>:(

3 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Having school places near to where you actually live might help in the case of parents>:(

There are but then they set up stupid rules so that stupid parents are dragging their kids miles to go to school, clogging up the roads, adding to pollution and stopping local kids getting in the school. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

There are but then they set up stupid rules so that stupid parents are dragging their kids miles to go to school, clogging up the roads, adding to pollution and stopping local kids getting in the school. 

Quite - end selection and stick to a geographic catchment only. 

Just now, Kurt Barlow said:

Quite - end selection and stick to a geographic catchment only. 

My kids’ primary and secondary schools were five minutes walk. They were also popular and so parents would rent to have an address in the local area. Get kid number one in and then give up the rental. Once you have one kid in, siblings take precedence over those who live locally. 

Pit should be worked out purely on geographical location. If you chose to move, tough, kids lose their place. 

Current system is madness. Local schools for local kids. End of. It’s what helps build communities. 

48 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Hancock was born in Cheshire, where his family run a software business.[1] Hancock studied PPE at Exeter College, Oxford[1] and Economics at Christ's College, Cambridge. He was an economist at the Bank of England before becoming an economic advisor (and later Chief of Staff) to Gideon.

Because hes 'clever' and wants to share that cleverness with you.

People need 7-8 sleep a day.

At a push I can run with 5h + 1h nap.

I can also run a deficit fro about 5 days. But I need to catch up on Saturday with 2 h or my brain turns to mush.

I always get up at roughly same time - 5/6.

I an vary the going to bed time but if I vary the getting up - or sleeping in time then I fuck up my sleep clock.

Run away from any person who says - and may actually - claim to only sleep 5h/night, getting up to run for 1h or go the gym, before getting into work at 7am.

These people will fuck up everything in  sight. Long running sleep deprivation turns people fucking manically useless.

Fatcha??