• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
No One

Neo Liberal Elite has realised they fukked up with empowering China

Recommended Posts

An article by the FT caught my eye on the google news tab, its worth a read as one of the imbeciles responsible for giving the PRC our manufacturing industry in the hopes they would transition from communism to globohomo has failed.

source: https://donotlink.it/p4YK

Some select quotes:

Quote

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
https://www.ft.com/content/f10ccb26-a16f-11e9-a282-2df48f366f7d

Are not western intellectuals also responsible for this nightmare? We not only watched China’s transformation with approval but actively contributed to these changes. We are the modern version of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, the 19th-century tale of an experimenting scientist who brought a dead body to life using that era’s technology: the electric shock. The resurrected creature became a murderous monster. 

Many of us already bear moral responsibility for not protesting against the resurrection of the Chinese monster, or even worse because we have taken on an active role as advisers. I include myself here: I took part in the Bashan conference in 1985. Seven western economists and leading Chinese policymakers were put on a luxurious boat floating on the Yangtze river. I lectured on how the country should be transformed into a market economy.

As a result, the writer goes on to talk about all the shit the commies are doing in terms of human rights etc. Personally I don't care what they do in their on country. My concerns are how China ix becoming expansionist. In Africa they are taking over assets by using usurious loans to en-debt nations, probably with the aid of corrupt heads of state and large transfers of money/kickbacks to some offshore bank.

In Canada and Australia they are using the money they make from selling us the shit we invented and used to make, to buy large amounts of land and housing. In the UK, the government sold our nuclear power plants to them.

Nixon's brilliant plan is going to come back around and bite us in the ass like you can't imagine. A piss poor Maoist China could be contained, this new one can't.

Quote

Investors worldwide are enthusiastic about investing in China. In their eyes a stable dictatorship is a more secure environment than a wobbly democracy

That is the admission of the century. Capitalism does not require Democracy, and therefore these are not synonymous like the liberal elite like to go on about all the time.

Quote

The writer is an economics professor emeritus of Harvard University and Budapest Corvinus University

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is very worrying -- there seems little in the way of options to dig ourselves out of this hole (China plays the long game).

I'm sure we'll end up having a trade war anyway.

[perhaps a rerun of the 70's oil shock, but this time with plastic trinkets all of our manufactured goods, not oil]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only think of a super major trade war where the EU/UK/US/AUS/NZ decided to no longer trade with China at all. And they can cite human rights violations with the Muslim camps the pRC has created if they like.

It may slow China a lot, but make no mistake we will suffer a super recession.

In the long run they can use Window Guidance to create a new industry back in our shores which will shake off our dependency on foreign nations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, No One said:

I can only think of a super major trade war where the EU/UK/US/AUS/NZ decided to no longer trade with China at all. And they can cite human rights violations with the Muslim camps the pRC has created if they like.

It may slow China a lot, but make no mistake we will suffer a super recession.

In the long run they can use Window Guidance to create a new industry back in our shores which will shake off our dependency on foreign nations.

Best to get it over and done with get the super trade war going and try and put china back in its box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we at peak tat yet?

China could shut up shop and it wouldn't hurt us that much in the west. Annoy us yes but not being being able to upgrade our electronics as often isn't going to harm us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, jm51 said:

Are we at peak tat yet?

China could shut up shop and it wouldn't hurt us that much in the west. Annoy us yes but not being being able to upgrade our electronics as often isn't going to harm us.

China is why they get away with lowering wages, cheap goods means low wages.

Its everything from TVs to Kitchen Appliances, Cutlery, Tools, Flooring, Carpet etc, etc, etc.

In the USA wages for industrial workers (low to high end) have stagnated since 1973.

Current average wage of $15 per hour would have to rise by 135% to $33 per hour.

China is the only reason the West has low inflation.

ib388-figurea.jpg

https://www.epi.org/publication/charting-wage-stagnation/

 

Edited by Chewing Grass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 11:26, No One said:

Personally I don't care what they do in their on country. My concerns are how China ix becoming expansionist. In Africa they are taking over assets by using usurious loans to en-debt nations, probably with the aid of corrupt heads of state and large transfers of money/kickbacks to some offshore bank.

In Canada and Australia they are using the money they make from selling us the shit we invented and used to make, to buy large amounts of land and housing. In the UK, the government sold our nuclear power plants to them.

I'd be more worried by the USA. If you don't do what they say or want they destroy you - using economic force, weaponised banking (including the IMF), military power etc.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:03, Talking Monkey said:

Best to get it over and done with get the super trade war going and try and put china back in its box

Won't work. China will be operating with the entire Eurasian land mass on its side - using the OBOR project, which is well under way. Russia is there to supply all energy and food needs and allow safe shipping through the northern routes.

The real mistake of the West is pushing China and Russia together. It was always something the West desperately wanted to avoid. Now they are faced with China and Russia acting as strategic partners and the closest of allies.

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2019 at 11:52, No One said:

I can only think of a super major trade war where the EU/UK/US/AUS/NZ decided to no longer trade with China at all. And they can cite human rights violations with the Muslim camps the pRC has created if they like.

It may slow China a lot, but make no mistake we will suffer a super recession.

In the long run they can use Window Guidance to create a new industry back in our shores which will shake off our dependency on foreign nations.

An African friend simply said the Chinese will loose billions when they default

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 17:56, stokiescum said:

An African friend simply said the Chinese will loose billions when they default

They've got this covered. The debts are normally secured on large infrastructure assets, like ports etc. So if the Africans default, China gets the Port or the asset.

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Errol said:

They've got this covered. The debts are normally secured on large infrastructure assets, like ports etc. So if the Africans default, China gets the Port or the asset.

They won’t care they will just change regime and say it was corrupt I know then it’s a default by definition but that’s what a lad from the Congo claims they will do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.