• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
snaga

My name is Bond, Jane Bond

Just now, Van Lady said:

:/

If Hollywood wants to make a film about a female spy they should make one with an original story.

I haven’t watched bond films for years but recall the oft used line........ my/the? names Bond, James Bond. The character is a heterosexual male!

I hope the bond franchise crashes and burns if they release a film with a female bond

The whole point of James Bond (at least for me’ is that he is sex on legs. I feel it’s gonna crash and burn. 

Just now, One percent said:

The whole point of James Bond (at least for me’ is that he is sex on legs. I feel it’s gonna crash and burn. 

You could shave your hair off and a wear flat shoes.

Just now, One percent said:

No he was a civil servant, ex navy, and completely made up.

There are plenty of lady spy stories, that are absolutley true, although I think this girl would not  pass as Dutch, however good her accent.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Can't be true, or the So-Called BBC would be wetting their pants with excitement and have it as the lead story on their website along with the US football lesbian wonderwoman.

It's a Sunday, the SJWs are all relaxing at home wondering how they can feel superior to the rest of us next week, the rest are watching the cricket.

but yeah, a 2nd source would be nice :)

https://nypost.com/2019/07/14/lashana-lynch-cast-as-007-in-new-james-bond-movie-report/

their source ..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7244671/Thought-007-never-woman-black-shes-James-Bond-hand-number-over.html

Edited by snaga

It could work.

But I have a feeling it'll be a weaker oldish Bond (Craig), with this powerful young whippersnapper as the new 007 who keeps showing him (Bond) up.  That won't be a good thing for the franchise.

Given my age, I very much recall the gap in Bond films after Dalton.  And the gap in the Drs after Mccoy.   The punishment for getting the franchise wrong is very real.

"Pay attention, Bond. This may look like an ordinary vibrator, but flip up the cap on the end, and it fires an explosive dart. Keep it it secreted in your panties.

"And this lipstick. It looks like a normal rouge, but contains a deadly neurotoxin. Agai, keep it inside your handbag at all times."

"Yes, Q"

At this point, Daniel Craig wished that Lashana Lynch had got the part, instead of him.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, dgul said:

It could work.

But I have a feeling it'll be a weaker oldish Bond (Craig), with this powerful young whippersnapper as the new 007 who keeps showing him (Bond) up.  That won't be a good thing for the franchise.

Given my age, I very much recall the gap in Bond films after Dalton.  And the gap in the Drs after Mccoy.   The punishment for getting the franchise wrong is very real.

Dalton has appeared in both the Bond and Dr Who franchises. 

I wonder if there are any other actors who have done that double.

on edit - 15 apparently 

https://cultbox.co.uk/features/lists/10-actors-from-james-bond-movies-whove-appeared-in-doctor-who

Dalton is the only  one who has been a Time Lord and 007.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, eight said:

Yeah, he was the hedgehog. Jesus that film is depressing.

Pricklepants I  see.

Jesus what a comedown. From James Bond to Rassilon the First Time Lord  and ending up as a hedgehog.

Edited by Virgil Caine

34 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Pricklepants I  see.

Jesus what a comedown. From James Bond to Rassilon the First Time Lord  and ending up as a hedgehog.

I saw Timothy Dalton in the late 80’s in the small public bar of a posh local hotel. Admittedly I was most likely well oiled with loads of alcohol but I wouldn’t have known it was him if another local person hadn’t whispered to me ....look who's there.....who?.....person wrote 007 on a small cardboard beermat and passed it to me. Oh god what a let down when I realised it was “James Bond” standing a few feet away from me at the end of the bar. No make up and clever lighting etc is my guess!

5 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I saw Timothy Dalton in the late 80’s in the small public bar of a posh local hotel. Admittedly I was most likely well oiled with loads of alcohol but I wouldn’t have known it was him if another local person hadn’t whispered to me ....look who's there.....who?.....person wrote 007 on a small cardboard beermat and passed it to me. Oh god what a let down when I realised it was “James Bond” standing a few feet away from me at the end of the bar. No make up and clever lighting etc is my guess!

Dalton always came across as a boyo from Colwyn Bay to me. Same with Connery, still came across as a Glaswegian milkman. Sir Roger was the son of a copper from Brixton but he was completely convincing as an upper class English officer and gentleman.