DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Be very afraid..

spunko

Castlevania
9 minutes ago, Tdog said:

OK JRM is claiming house prices are too high and the way to solve this is to build more.

So person A buys a house in 2020 for £300,000 and as the plan is to build so many houses that it brings the price down, thus person A would be rather silly to buy a house that the govt wish to see lose value and put him in negative equity ... he may as well wait, thus developers won't build houses they can't sell.

House prices need to crash then he can come out with his wonderful new planning policy.

It depends if the population believes the rhetoric or not.

36 minutes ago, Tdog said:

OK JRM is claiming house prices are too high and the way to solve this is to build more.

So person A buys a house in 2020 for £300,000 and as the plan is to build so many houses that it brings the price down, thus person A would be rather silly to buy a house that the govt wish to see lose value and put him in negative equity ... he may as well wait, thus developers won't build houses they can't sell.

House prices need to crash then he can come out with his wonderful new planning policy.

In an ideal world he'd time it so that housebuilders have maxed out their spending on land, then shove up interest rates to 5%, then watch their shares tank and let off a few belly laughs. Then when the housebuilders are on life support, take them into goverment ownership at a dirt cheap price, and convert their land banks into local ownership where the people who live there can decide what to do with it.

11 minutes ago, Tdog said:

Its more than possible under a Corbyn led govt.

If nothing else its going to be interesting to see what Boris and the Tory party will do over the next few weeks in relation to housing ... apart from the moments of deluded optimism on my part in seeing Boris go for a council house building spree the reality is its the Tory party who like the Blairite Labour party have only one economic policy and that is get money into the economy via house price inflation.

I agree, but it's at the point now where I don't find any issues with that approach, because long-term it's going to cause an almighty crash. Letting prices depreciate by 2% a year in a measured & controlled way is taking too long already.

Well I posted this here in 'the basement' :) as Sancho Panza* calls it as I noticed a lot of members who only post in this subforum don't post there too...

*or possibly durhamborn

10 hours ago, Tdog said:

Do wonder if its going to be JRM for Housing Minister .. but this time with some authority, timing of releasing this speaks volumes

Why not, seems like everyone else has had a go at it and managed to increase house prices.

sancho panza
On 22/07/2019 at 20:23, spunko said:

Well I posted this here in 'the basement' :) as Sancho Panza* calls it as I noticed a lot of members who only post in this subforum don't post there too...

*or possibly durhamborn

I keep meaning to get on the main Off topic more than i do.But things are busy in the dark sections of the house.

On topic,interesting graph here via sober look which tells the tale of the economic success post 2008.Mortgages must be part of the reason.I'm not overtly political as I don't feel represented by any of the parties,but how anyone who calls themself a conservative can support HTB 1+2 + FLS I'll never know.

Ref JRM I kept telling my dear old Mum that he'd cave during the May deal fiasco this year.Can't say that I have any real faith in him allowing the market to do it's work.I hope I'm wrong.I was quietly pleased when he did as she stopped banging on about how great he was straight away.

B3-EN866_Dshot_NS_20190722033518.png

Archived