• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Austin Allegro

Boris Derangement Syndrome (BDS): post your examples here

The tactic is interesting isn't it. Clearly this is yet another example of some kind of organisation against anyone who is not extreme left, pro mass immigration, pro the usual stuff.

They are merely repeating the Trump stuff, as we all know, but this is something that is going to be faced by anyone of us who dares challenge these people.

I find it shocking on many levels. For our democracy most of all. But also because it has woken me up to just how many truly deluded people there are all around us.

Is this just an Anglo-Saxon thing though that has manifested itself in countries derived from the UK - US, Canada, Oz and NZ along with us? Or is this craziness going on in Germany, France, the rest of the EU?

Very noticeable on the Facebook, with the usual deranged, blinkered Lefties posting pictures and memes - being friendly with Trump is of course disastrous.

It shows a lack of self-control posting your political opinions on Facebook to 'friends'. Vulgar.

I find it odd that people treat their politics so tribally, like a football team - surely after a few election cycles you get wise and are open to change?

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Is this just an Anglo-Saxon thing though that has manifested itself in countries derived from the UK - US, Canada, Oz and NZ along with us? Or is this craziness going on in Germany, France, the rest of the EU?

Definitely going on in Germany

1 minute ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Very noticeable on the Facebook, with the usual deranged, blinkered Lefties posting pictures and memes - being friendly with Trump is of course disastrous.

It shows a lack of self-control posting your political opinions on Facebook to 'friends'. Vulgar.

I find it odd that people treat their politics so tribally, like a football team - surely after a few election cycles you get wise and are open to change?

I think this is what upsets me - people I consider to be friends who post political stuff on Facebook with the assumption that everyone agrees with them.

Personally I don't post political stuff on Facebook for the same reason that I don't generally talk about politics (or religion) in conversation unless it is in general terms.

I don't even really like seeing political posts I agree with on Facebook.

Solution: avoid Facebook!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The tactic is interesting isn't it. Clearly this is yet another example of some kind of organisation against anyone who is not extreme left, pro mass immigration, pro the usual stuff.

They are merely repeating the Trump stuff, as we all know, but this is something that is going to be faced by anyone of us who dares challenge these people.

I find it shocking on many levels. For our democracy most of all. But also because it has woken me up to just how many truly deluded people there are all around us.

This oversensitivity to what people say or have said is seemingly an Anglo Saxon thing. But where does it come from?- intriguing.

The majority of the planet, meanwhile, live in an entirely different universe. For example in Hong Kong (one of the more globalised/ enlightened  Asian states)  2 lawmakers are involved in death threats and desecration of graves. The reaction is primarily a roll of the eyes and lets just get on with things. In the UK every comment is analysed and taken to a whole new level of interpretation and analysis, its bonkers.

Junios Ho's 'death threat'

Edited by desertorchid

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

We are herd animals. The tribe is all important. Most of these people will change to a different tribe if the new one was the trend.

Edited by The Masked Tulip
typo, found one, can't be arsed looking for more.

Posted (edited)

I was never a fan of Trump until he ran against Hilary, since then I'm a fully signed up MAGA deplorable (honory as I am a Brit :))

Hoping Boris can repeat that, if he can be half as good as Trump I'll be happy.

Edited by snaga

10 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

This oversensitivity to what people say or have said is seemingly an Anglo Saxon thing. But where does it come from?- intriguing.

The majority of the planet, meanwhile, live in an entirely different universe. For example in Hong Kong (one of the more globalised/ enlightened  Asian states)  2 lawmakers are involved in death threats and desecration of graves. The reaction is primarily a roll of the eyes and lets just get on with things. In the UK every comment is analysed and taken to a whole new level of interpretation and analysis, its bonkers.

Junios Ho's 'death threat'

Perhaps we all have a bit of that Germanic madness within us?

What these people are doing is a social media lynching. Look how close some of them have got to actual lynchings. I suspect it is only cowardice that is stopping some of them from actually killing someone. I suspect that will come in time. Someone will die - Andy Ngo could have been the one - and the mob will try to justify it on social media.

I just look around me now not just at lots of stupid people. But at people whom I realise, for their ideology, could turn on you in a frenzied blink. That so many of them are in public sector jobs is frightening. In many respects, it cuts out a lot of employment opportunities for those who are not 'woke' - whatever woke means today.

9 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I believe that the delusion has arisen because of the way that many people have been rendered effectively impotent* by the state which makes them fundamentally unhappy but they don't know why this is.  They want a target at which to lash out in order to make themselves feel that they have some use.  Thirty years' of continuous lecturing on the benefits of immigration and the evils of racism have had their effect so the targets at which they can legitmately lash out now are only those of their own culture so they turn upon those in order to feel a part of a movement.  Ha ha Trump ha ha Boris.  A civilisation going backwards through self-hate.  A civilisation eating itself.

* Means tested benefits, NMW as a default for so many jobs, vast debt burdens for worthless degrees, overpriced poor quality housing stealing most of your income in rent.  There is no way out.  In work or out of work you cannot make a material improvement to your life, you cannot control it or drive it rather then let it drift so you don't, and having lost control over your life you need a faux purpose to fill that vacuum. For some this means aggressive virtue signalling on social media, for others gambling, drugs, sex, drink, excess eating. Far too many people are in this position and as NMW continues to rise faster then general wages and yet another benefit becomes means-tested (over 75s TV licence now) the ability to make a success of your own life becomes denied to a steadily increasing number of people.  This cannot be good.

To be fair to the Twitterati and Facebook hysterics, so far when in high office (Mayor of London, Foreign Secretary) Boris has demonstrated dishonesty, incompetence, bluster and gaffes. His only redeeming features are occasionally saying things that need to be said when no-one else will (and thus he can be forgiven a few gaffes as this is inevitable), and good comic skills with the occasional gem of a "bon mot".

No way is he in the same league as Trump or Trumps' team, who have demonstrated masterly manipulative skills regarding their political opponents. 

Anyone who imagines Boris cares about anything apart from himself is deluded, he'd happily sell anyone down the river, including selling Brexit down the river if it was for his own benefit.

It is to our nation's shame that he is PM, IMO. 

But hey, we'll see. Like I said before, I think it's all going to get even messier, and Corbyn will be the one that benefits.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Perhaps we all have a bit of that Germanic madness within us?

What these people are doing is a social media lynching. Look how close some of them have got to actual lynchings. I suspect it is only cowardice that is stopping some of them from actually killing someone. I suspect that will come in time. Someone will die - Andy Ngo could have been the one - and the mob will try to justify it on social media.

I just look around me now not just at lots of stupid people. But at people whom I realise, for their ideology, could turn on you in a frenzied blink. That so many of them are in public sector jobs is frightening. In many respects, it cuts out a lot of employment opportunities for those who are not 'woke' - whatever woke means today.

the narrative is being carefully controlled - people only talk about what they're allowed to - at the moment behaving like 5 year olds is permissible

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I believe that the delusion has arisen because of the way that many people have been rendered effectively impotent* by the state which makes them fundamentally unhappy but they don't know why this is.  They want a target at which to lash out in order to make themselves feel that they have some use.  Thirty years' of continuous lecturing on the benefits of immigration and the evils of racism have had their effect so the targets at which they can legitmately lash out now are only those of their own culture so they turn upon those in order to feel a part of a movement.  Ha ha Trump ha ha Boris.  A civilisation going backwards through self-hate.  A civilisation eating itself.

* Means tested benefits, NMW as a default for so many jobs, vast debt burdens for worthless degrees, overpriced poor quality housing stealing most of your income in rent.  There is no way out.  In work or out of work you cannot make a material improvement to your life, you cannot control it or drive it rather then let it drift so you don't, and having lost control over your life you need a faux purpose to fill that vacuum. For some this means aggressive virtue signalling on social media, for others gambling, drugs, sex, drink, excess eating. Far too many people are in this position and as NMW continues to rise faster then general wages and yet another benefit becomes means-tested (over 75s TV licence now) the ability to make a success of your own life becomes denied to a steadily increasing number of people.  This cannot be good.

Yes, I think there is a lot of truth in this.

I still think there is a huge amount of stupidity involved though - i.e. the hatred of your own tribe, ethnic group, skin colour, country, whatever. The younger ones who think this have a hellish future ahead of them. The older ones will be dead before it become hellish but their kids and grand-kids will probably come to hate them.

I just see stupid people everywhere.

2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

To be fair to the Twitterati and Facebook hysterics, so far when in high office (Mayor of London, Foreign Secretary) Boris has demonstrated dishonesty, incompetence, bluster and gaffes. His only redeeming features are occasionally saying things that need to be said when no-one else will (and thus he can be forgiven a few gaffes as this is inevitable), and good comic skills with the occasional gem of a "bon mot".

No way is he in the same league as Trump or Trumps' team, who have demonstrated masterly manipulative skills regarding their political opponents. 

Anyone who imagines Boris cares about anything apart from himself is deluded, he'd happily sell anyone down the river, including selling Brexit down the river if it was for his own benefit.

But hey, we'll see. Like I said before, I think it's all going to get even messier, and Corbyn will be the one that benefits.

Well said.

4 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

the narrative is being carefully controlled - people only talk about what they're allowed to - at the moment behaving like 5 year olds is permissible

Twitter has been an eye opener for me. I only started it looking at it when DOSBODs began. I find the levels of stupidity and bile, often combined, to be incredible.

More fascinating though is clicking on the profiles of those who type such stuff and learning what the profession is of the tweeter. You regularly see people in very well paying jobs - nearly always public sector - sprouting the most moronic or most hateful stuff... and they get away with it 99% of the time. I find myself thinking how you cvan be so narrow-minded... so stupid... so hateful... how the feck did you get that job?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think you've nailed it there. Cultural self-hatred as we know it today probably started in the late nineteenth century, when the British Empire was at its peak, and a certain amount of criticism and introspection was inevitable and necessary.  But since the 1930s and definitely since the 1960s it has become endemic and highly reactionary and conservative; as a culture we are evil and wrong and don't you dare question that or you are evil and wrong yourself. It's like a person with a moderate religious belief (a good thing) becoming gradually more and more addicted to contrition and forgiveness-seeking as if it's a drug.

Edited by Austin Allegro

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

My guess is he`s driven by wanting to go down in history he can do that from where he is now in two ways ,one as you suggest which will see him left on the shit side of history or get the job done no matter what he`s ambitious and calculating he`s played the long game well ,i don`t think he wants to go down in history as the man the sold the UK down the swany ...only time will tell 

As for Corbyn i can`t see it ,if Boris fucks this up or others make it impossible it`s going to be a GE IMOthe Brexit party will win with a huge majority that will simply castrate the remain side of parliament allowing them to push anything they likes through including neutering the upper house 

4 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

As for Corbyn i can`t see it ,if Boris fucks this up or others make it impossible it`s going to be a GE IMOthe Brexit party will win with a huge majority that will simply castrate the remain side of parliament allowing them to push anything they likes through including neutering the upper house 

I doubt it. Most will revert to their constituency habits of voting which they have done for election after election. The right of centre vote will be split between Tory and Brexit parties thus allowing Corbyn in.

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Peterborough by-election demonstrated that Labour Leave voters are too tribal (and thick?) to vote for Brexit Party which is viewed by them as a Tory Leave party. Conservative Leave voters will do so, however. So, as Farage promised, it will be the Tory party that is torn apart and Labour and the Lib Dems that will benefit.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Peterborough by-election demonstrated that Labour Leave voters are too tribal (and thick?) to vote for Brexit Party which is viewed by them as a Tory Leave party. Conservative Leave voters will do so, however. So, as Farage promised, it will be the Tory party that is torn apart and Labour and the Lib Dems that will benefit.

You are talking about an election that has always swung on the Musilm vote ,i think you are taring the whole labour leave vote with that brush and you are wrong i see it day in day out they have woken up ,last six weeks i have been in a S Wales steel works you could no find a good word for Corbyn and it`s overwhelmingly leave

They will vote BP holding there nose to get the job done after that it`s anyone's guess what they will do

Edited by Long time lurking

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I agree that the roots were in the nineteenth century when British culture having achieved more economic, military and territorial dominance than the world had ever seen started upon its continuing quest to dismantle that culture, yield that economic, military and territorial dominance and instead seek to "do good".

From the abolition of slavery, Dickens' cloying sentimentality presented as great literature and ushering in a vrtue signalling genre that maybe peaked in Cathy Come Home, through welfare state, NHS, state funded charities serving no-one so much as their senior employees, means tested everything, NMW as the default on so many jobs that salary is never quoted, armed forces reduced to armoured aunt sallies rather than conquerors, and an infantilisation of a population clicking their likes on Facebook and belching their inchoherent ordure upon Twitter we have come to a society that puts idiocy, never mind mediocrity, upon a pedestal and throws the borders open to all comers to achieve a seething mass of useless minimum wage consumers unable to understand why they have so few real choices within their lives.  Goodbye Cheltenham Spa hello New Mogadishu.

This is why leaders like Orban and Putin are respected amongst people who think because they recognise that they each want to make their countries stronger rather than being mere temporary custodians of land whilst they give it away to foreign cultures in the manner of Merkel and Macron.

Preach on brother!

I do think there were good things about Victorian philanthropy and the early social improvers. I think the early NHS was quite good. The problems started when a. we (or rather cranks like Annie Besant) tried exporting the ideas of reform to the British Empire in places like India where they weren't really ready for it; when welfare changed from the Victorian christmas-club model to the 'it's my right' model under Woy Jenkins in the late sixties, and finally when Blair threw the doors open to the entire world in the late nineties.