DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Clean Energy Investing

Hardhat

A new thread to track clean energy / green stocks, ETFs and other investment vehicles. To kick things off I am shamelessly copying @201p's thread and will be tracking / updating a selection of these weekly. I will be focusing mainly on picks that are openly focused on clean energy, although some side-beneficiaries such as engineering firms, electricity suppliers and EV producers etc may also be added in eventually.

The idea here is mainly to track and inform myself and anyone else interested about this sector and its potential for growth.

The main reasons I'm interested in this sector are:

- Climate change is now becoming a central part of government policy around the world. There is no way to secure carbon-cutting goals without transitioning away from fossil fuels.

- Fossil fuels are finite and will run out eventually anyway.

- If we get a reflation cycle, leading to massive infrastructure spending as many predict, it is very likely that clean energy will be a focus in light of the first two points.

- I am personally interested in this sector as a fan of clean energy technology.

I warmly (no pun intended) encourage contributions from others on this - I am still learning about this sector myself and hope this will be a useful starting point for discussion. And let me know if you have any to add to the weekly watchlist.

N.B. The point of this thread is not to discuss whether climate change "is real". I think there's a thread in Off Topic for that ;)

N.B.B. DYOR, etc.

So without further ado, here is the initial list. I've started with some of the big ETFs and trusts. I've compared each to their price one week ago to get things rolling, but each week from now on I will update the percentage gain / loss from this week.

• LON:TRIG - Renewables Infrastructure Group Ltd - Renewables Infrastructure Group is a large British investment trust dedicated to investments in assets generating electricity from renewable sources. Established in 2013, the company is a constituent of the FTSE 250 
    • 1 Week: 132.00 -> 127.00 GBX (-3.8%)
    • YTD: 113.07 -> 127.00 (12.31%)

• LON:UKW - Greencoat UK Wind PLC - Greencoat UK Wind is a FTSE 250 company with a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange. It is a British investment company investing in UK wind farms with a portfolio that stretches across the country. Established in 2012, the company is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
    • 1 Week: 141.80 -> 139.80 GBX (-1.4%)
    • YTD: 127.80 -> 139.80 (9.38%)

• LON:INRG - iShares II PLC ISHRS Global Clean Energy ETF USD - A global clean energy ETF managed by BlackRock iShares, the fund is a mixture of utilities, industrial and IT companies with a focus on renewables.
    • 1 Week: 500.10 -> 498.80 GBX (-0.25%)
    • YTD: 384.50 -> 498.80 (29.72%)

• LON:NESF - NextEnergy Solar Fund Ltd - NextEnergy Solar Fund is a large British investment company dedicated to investments in the operation of solar photovoltaic assets located in the UK and Italy. Established in 2014, the company is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
    • 1 week: 119.50 -> 121.00 GBX (1.25%)
    • YTD: 115.5 -> 121.00 (4.76%)

• NASDAQ:SMOG - VanEck Vectors Low Carbon Energy ETF - Largely interested in this because it's from the people who brought you GDX/GDXJ, and I wanted to see what else they're doing. Catchy ticker too.
    • 1 week: 66.35 -> 66.30 USD (-0.07%)
    • YTD: 55.15 -> 66.30 (20.21%)

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, A_P said:

Is SMOG open to UK investors?

I can't see anywhere to buy it at the moment, and Google confirms, but I only actually have an account with AJ Bell. Might be on other platforms.

longtomsilver

I have ~£10k invested in Cameco, Energy Fuels Inc and Yellow Cake. Current estimates are there's only 80-200 years of economically viable uranium left and while more supply will come on-line that could double this figure, the possibility of newer methods of extraction from seawater together with breeder reactors to give us a base load for the next 100,000+ years. I expect there'll be bumps in the road and on occasion pricing to the upside!

Wildly speculative 5, 10 and 20 year timeline. 

• Cheers 1

Bluefield Solar Income Fund LON:BSIF has been mentioned on Durham Born's thread by somebody and looks to be doing well.  I wish I'd bought some o.O.  This is a fund rather than an etf so probably higher fees.

Good thread!

Interesting stocks - I'll have to take a look. Green energy isn't going away anytime soon. And the quarterly bills only ever seem to go up -  at least you are hedging yourself!

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions, I've added these to the stock we're tracking. I've also added a separate section on the nuclear sector companies that @longtomsilver suggested. Whilst I personally consider nuclear to be part of the "clean" energy mix, a lot of the funds seem not to include this, so I've added its own section.

I've also found a few more to track myself.

One reason I've started this thread is to try and identify a good buying opportunity for some of these investments, as well as identifying the best performers. I would currently expect this to be some kind of recession - which is then followed by a "green new deal" style infrastructure programme. All of these stocks have gone up since the start of the year - but so has everything else.

This article on fossil fuel subsidies is very relevant to the relative price of renewables: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/01/fossil-fuel-subsidy-cash-pay-green-energy-transition

• LON:TRIG - Renewables Infrastructure Group Ltd
    • 2 Week: 132.00 -> 126.20 GBX (-4.39%)
    • YTD: 113.07 -> 126.20 (11.61%)

• LON:UKW - Greencoat UK Wind PLC
    • 2 Week: 141.80 -> 138.00 GBX (-2.67%)
    • YTD: 127.80 -> 139.80 (7.98%)

• LON:INRG - iShares II PLC ISHRS Global Clean Energy ETF USD
    • 2 Week: 500.10 -> 523.25 GBX (4.62%) - this has seen a big upswing in the past week, while most others have fallen - more analysis needed as to why.
    • YTD: 384.50 -> 498.80 (36.08%)

• LON:NESF - NextEnergy Solar Fund Ltd
    • 2 week: 119.50 -> 116.00 GBX (-2.92%)
    • YTD: 115.5 -> 116.00 (0.43%)

• NASDAQ:SMOG - VanEck Vectors Low Carbon Energy ETF
    • 2 week: 66.35 -> 65.56 USD (-1.19%)
    • YTD: 55.15 -> 65.56 (18.87%)

• LON:BSIF - Bluefield Solar Income Fund Ltd
    • 2 week: 136.50 -> 130.11 GBX (-4.68%)
    • YTD: 124.00 -> 130.11 (4.92%)

• LON:FSFL - Foresight Solar Fund Ltd
    • 2 week: 125.00 -> 116.00 GBX (-7.19%)
    • YTD: 108.5 -> 116.00 (6.91%)

• LON:JLEN - John Laing Environmental Assets Group Ltd
    • 2 week: 121.75 -> 115.00 GBX (-5.54%)
    • YTD: 106.00 -> 115.00 (8.49%)

Nuclear

These stocks have all seen some falls this year, but could be seen as a speculative play on a decades long timeline. Any more thoughts on this sector @longtomsilver?

• TSE:EFR - Energy Fuels Inc - Listed on Toronto Stock Exchange. @longtomsilver how do you hold this? W-Ben or similar form to fill out?
    • 2 week: 2.53 -> 2.35 CAD (-7.11%)
    • YTD: 3.76 -> 2.35 CAD (-37.49%)

• NYSE:CCJ - Cameco Corp - Listed on NY Stock Exhange
    • 2 week: 10.26 -> 8.99 USD (-12.37%)
    • YTD: 11.39 -> 8.99 (-21.07%)

• LON:YCA - Yellow Cake PLC
    • 2 week: 223.00 -> 212.00 GBX (-4.93%)
    • YTD: 225.00 -> 212.00 (-5.77%)

I've got SSE, Pennon and TRIG. SSE own massive amounts of hydro, it's awesome when it's raining and you can think of those hydro plants running :) Pennon do a lot of energy from waste.

I don't really "get" Trig as an investment. They build wind farms, collect subsidies for twenty years then they have a worthless wind turbine in a field...

longtomsilver
On 01/08/2019 at 21:38, Hardhat said:

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions, I've added these to the stock we're tracking. I've also added a separate section on the nuclear sector companies that @longtomsilver suggested. Whilst I personally consider nuclear to be part of the "clean" energy mix, a lot of the funds seem not to include this, so I've added its own section.

I've also found a few more to track myself.

One reason I've started this thread is to try and identify a good buying opportunity for some of these investments, as well as identifying the best performers. I would currently expect this to be some kind of recession - which is then followed by a "green new deal" style infrastructure programme. All of these stocks have gone up since the start of the year - but so has everything else.

This article on fossil fuel subsidies is very relevant to the relative price of renewables: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/01/fossil-fuel-subsidy-cash-pay-green-energy-transition

• 2 Week: 132.00 -> 126.20 GBX (-4.39%)
    • YTD: 113.07 -> 126.20 (11.61%)

• 2 Week: 141.80 -> 138.00 GBX (-2.67%)
    • YTD: 127.80 -> 139.80 (7.98%)

• 2 Week: 500.10 -> 523.25 GBX (4.62%) - this has seen a big upswing in the past week, while most others have fallen - more analysis needed as to why.
    • YTD: 384.50 -> 498.80 (36.08%)

• 2 week: 119.50 -> 116.00 GBX (-2.92%)
    • YTD: 115.5 -> 116.00 (0.43%)

• 2 week: 66.35 -> 65.56 USD (-1.19%)
    • YTD: 55.15 -> 65.56 (18.87%)

• 2 week: 136.50 -> 130.11 GBX (-4.68%)
    • YTD: 124.00 -> 130.11 (4.92%)

• 2 week: 125.00 -> 116.00 GBX (-7.19%)
    • YTD: 108.5 -> 116.00 (6.91%)

• 2 week: 121.75 -> 115.00 GBX (-5.54%)
    • YTD: 106.00 -> 115.00 (8.49%)

Nuclear

These stocks have all seen some falls this year, but could be seen as a speculative play on a decades long timeline. Any more thoughts on this sector @longtomsilver?

• TSE:EFR - Energy Fuels Inc - Listed on Toronto Stock Exchange. @longtomsilver how do you hold this? W-Ben or similar form to fill out?
    • 2 week: 2.53 -> 2.35 CAD (-7.11%)
    • YTD: 3.76 -> 2.35 CAD (-37.49%)

• NYSE:CCJ - Cameco Corp - Listed on NY Stock Exhange
    • 2 week: 10.26 -> 8.99 USD (-12.37%)
    • YTD: 11.39 -> 8.99 (-21.07%)

• 2 week: 223.00 -> 212.00 GBX (-4.93%)
    • YTD: 225.00 -> 212.00 (-5.77%)

My rational behind my Uranium investments aren't to be taken seriously. Only 5% of the portfolio is weighted towards the uranium sector and I'm quite prepared to lose it all. The bluechips I hold have been a mixed bag so if I can be down 47% on a stalwart like Centrica I may as well be open to putting money into stocks that might 10 bag or bust.

Yellow Cake is the safer play of all 3, Cameco needs no introduction and Energy Fuels was only picked by me as it's the most volatile of the main players in North America. 

The entire global uranium supply industry has a market capital of less than the cost of building one nuclear power plant or a mid-sized supermarket. They aren't cheap themselves and will need to be fuelled come rain or shine even if only to pay for their eventual decommissioning. This will be played out for half a century... as long as they remain switched on the price of yellow cake will go up and down with demand and just as there is a gold/silver ratio, there's also a striking correlation between gold/uranium prices and we are at a low on this cycle that appears to converge once every 3-5 years.

Speculative I looked at the prices of Uranium stocks in 2011 (the last peak) and picked the one that troughed the most, needless to say this is the risk being priced in by the markets. 

https://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=gold&months=120&commodity=uranium

edit: the tables haven't been updated for a few years but the gold:uranium ratio remains broadly unchanged at 60:1 

Edited by longtomsilver

On 01/08/2019 at 21:38, Hardhat said:

You have actually read the article and grasped that it's absolute bollocks, right?

It's bad enough that they seem to count tax breaks on fossil fuels (for producers or consumers) as 'subsidies', but the real biggie is including a figure for 'the cost of climate change', which must simply have been pulled out of someone's arse.

Now I'm not at all a 'climate change denier', I do accept that it's very likely that human activity is changing the climate, and that that change might have costly results in general (though it is likely also to have benefits, in terms of making new areas viable for agriculture, opening new shipping lanes in the north etc.).

I personally am more worried about the effects on the economy of running out of fossil fuels before we have an alternative in place- or at least, running out of nice clean natural gas and having to burn more inefficient and dirty coal. I like the idea of getting 'free' renewable energy as much as the next man. But the idea that we could get to a clean energy future with the same standard of living as we have now by spending 30% of what we currently spend on fossil fuels is completely and utterly ludicrous, so much so that I'm literally sat here typing this with a 'WTF' expression on my face O.o .

Have a read of Matt Ridley's blog for some articles on the science behind why it would be so ruinously expensive to try and entirely substitute renewable energy for fossil fuels. Unsurprisingly, he's a fan of Nuclear:

http://www.rationaloptimist.com/blog/

So that said, on to how to make money out of it. Since most types of renewable energy aren't in any way viable without massive subsidy and/or distortion of free markets, investing in them becomes far more of a question of second guessing what the governments of the future are going to do, rather than the underlying fundamentals of the technology, which (with today's technology at least) are rubbish. If you're confident that they'll continue to throw money at it anyway (and the experience of Help-To-Buy certainly gives credence to this view IMO) then pile in and enjoy sucking up the subsidy. But if you're at all worried about the continued ability of governments to magic money out of thin air and then waste it, be a bit more cautious.

I know, I should get into this financial advice lark a bit more, I'm wasted as a bus driver I reckon.

@Rave, yes it doesn't necessarily add up, but this thread is also about gauging sentiment / political will towards the renewable sector. If renewables are being presented in the media as a popular "easy win", it's increasingly likely governments will announce plans to invest in the infrastructure, as in fact Germany have just done. There is a huge public appetite for governments to "do something" about climate change, especially among younger generations.

One of the best works I've read on the whole sector is by David JC Mackay, "Sustainable Energy Wihtout The Hot Air", which is available as a free ebook here: https://www.withouthotair.com/. I recommend it for anyone interested in the future of energy / renewables.

He acknowledges that for e.g. solar to produce the same amount of energy we currently consume in kWh, we would need PV panels covering most of the country. However, as part of a mix of generation techniques, wind and solar make a lot of sense, especially when paired with batteries etc going forward. They can also be off-grid and supply power directly, which is a massive advantage over lossy transmission networks.

It will be expensive, disruptive and probably at an impact to quality of life to transition away from fossil fuels. It will also definitely have to happen. At some point, oil will run out, or be too expensive to extract / burn.

Tracker:

• 3 Week: 132.00 -> 128.00 GBX (-3.03%)
    • YTD: 113.07 -> 128.00 (13.20%)

• 3 Week: 141.80 -> 137.80 GBX (-2.82%)
    • YTD: 127.80 -> 137.80 (7.82%)

• 3 Week: 500.10 -> 525.75 GBX (5.12%)
    • YTD: 384.50 -> 525.75 (36.73%)

• 3 week: 119.50 -> 120.00 GBX (0.41%)
    • YTD: 115.5 -> 120.00 (3.89%)

• 3 week: 66.35 -> 64.87 USD (-2.23%)
    • YTD: 55.15 -> 64.87 (17.62%)

• 3 week: 136.50 -> 130.82 GBX (-4.16%)
    • YTD: 124.00 -> 130.82 (5.49%)

• 3 week: 125.00 -> 121.00 GBX (-3.2%)
    • YTD: 108.5 -> 121.00 (11.52%)

• 3 week: 121.75 -> 117.50 GBX (-3.49%)
    • YTD: 106.00 -> 117.50 (10.84%)

• LON:SSE - SSE Plc, included on @Great Guy's recommendation for its hydro operation. This has a high of 1232.5 GBX in March.
    • 3 week: 1079.50 -> 1094.50 GBX (1.38%)
    • YTD: 1069.00 -> 1094.5 GBX (2.38%)

Nuclear

• TSE:EFR - Energy Fuels Inc
    • 3 week: 2.53 -> 2.11 CAD (-16.60%)
    • YTD: 3.76 -> 2.11 CAD (-43.88%) - Heavy falls in July. Has this bottomed out now?

• NYSE:CCJ - Cameco Corp
    • 3 week: 10.26 -> 8.60 USD (-16.17%)
    • YTD: 11.39 -> 8.60 (-24.49%)

• 3 week: 223.00 -> 200.00 GBX (-10.31%)
    • YTD: 225.00 -> 212.00 (-11.11%)
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

@Rave, yes it doesn't necessarily add up, but this thread is also about gauging sentiment / political will towards the renewable sector. If renewables are being presented in the media as a popular "easy win", it's increasingly likely governments will announce plans to invest in the infrastructure, as in fact Germany have just done. There is a huge public appetite for governments to "do something" about climate change, especially among younger generations.

One of the best works I've read on the whole sector is by David JC Mackay, "Sustainable Energy Wihtout The Hot Air", which is available as a free ebook here: https://www.withouthotair.com/. I recommend it for anyone interested in the future of energy / renewables.

He acknowledges that for e.g. solar to produce the same amount of energy we currently consume in kWh, we would need PV panels covering most of the country. However, as part of a mix of generation techniques, wind and solar make a lot of sense, especially when paired with batteries etc going forward. They can also be off-grid and supply power directly, which is a massive advantage over lossy transmission networks.

Thanks, looks interesting, I'll have a read. Be interesting to see what he has to say about energy storage and load balancing; my gut feeling is that battery storage is not going to be the solution for a long time yet.

Castlevania

I made a note of some “green” listed stocks from an article in an issue of the FT earlier in the year, which might be of interest. I didn’t buy any of them because I didn’t have a clue what they actually did.

Symphony Environmental - they make additives which allows plastic to biodegrade

Itaconix - they make polymers from itaconic acid (whatever that is).

Accsys - something to do with treating wood so that it can be used as a building product?

Edited by Castlevania

Top stuff @Hardhat!  Thanks.  Someone once suggested a while back I looked at a couple on the list and I really owe them one!  Only problem was I was too cautious and am now faced with jumping on the run up.  That said, the div yields are still good.  They actually pulled back recently so maybe time to bite the bullet, although it always surprises me how, eventually, things do correct into the "zone" price wise.  But I can't wait forever!

My favoured approach with ETFs is to look at their holdings and cherry pick what looks the best stocks.  I'm a bit cautious about ETFs, etc so prefer to own the actual stocks.  My focus is on good yielding stocks which tends to keep me away from the "young turks".  I'll add that homework to my bulging wet-weather todo list!  I also like big oil so to have a wide spread across the energy patch is great.

longtomsilver
38 minutes ago, A_P said:

@longtomsilver

What's your current position with YCA at the moment? SP has taken bit of a dive back down to its ipo price. I've been sat on the sidelines, think it's time to press the buy.

If you're bullish on gold then it could be the bargain of the century and a safe haven from the bluechips which are taking a battering. I've little free cash at the moment but would be a buyer at these prices. NAV is £2.20. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, longtomsilver said:

If you're bullish on gold then it could be the bargain of the century and a safe haven from the bluechips which are taking a battering. I've little free cash at the moment but would be a buyer at these prices. NAV is £2.20. 

I wouldn't say I'm bullish on gold really. I have a small allocation as part of my portfolio. Looking at an asset performance blanket over the years every dog has its day. Better to be in the market than try and time it as they say. The yellow stuff will have it's time again, one day....thankfully i have a bit of time on my hands :Old:

Skipped the update last week as I was busy with work / living my life. Due to this I also haven't really had time to analyse any of these funds / ETFs and pull out individual stocks - that's the next step for this. Especially INRG, as it seems to be powering ahead.

@Castlevania I've taken a look at those companies below and added them in.

Tracker:

• 5 Week: 132.00 -> 127.80 GBX (-3.18%)
    • YTD: 113.07 -> 127.80 (13.02%)

• 5 Week: 141.80 -> 138.20 GBX (-2.53%)
    • YTD: 127.80 -> 138.20 (8.13%)

• LON:INRG - iShares II PLC ISHRS Global Clean Energy ETF USD - lost around 2% today. Otherwise a solid uptrend.
    • 5 Week: 500.10 -> 516.00 GBX (3.17%)
    • YTD: 384.50 -> 516.00 (34.20%)

• 5 week: 119.50 -> 119.50 GBX (0.00%)
    • YTD: 115.5 -> 119.50 (3.46%)

• 5 week: 66.35 -> 62.64 USD (-5.59%)
    • YTD: 55.15 -> 62.64 (13.58%)

• 5 week: 136.50 -> 129.97 GBX (-4.78%)
    • YTD: 124.00 -> 129.97 (4.81%)

• 5 week: 125.00 -> 123.50 GBX (-1.2%)
    • YTD: 108.5 -> 123.50 (13.82%)

• 5 week: 121.75 -> 116.50 GBX (-4.31%)
    • YTD: 106.00 -> 116.50 (9.90%)

• LON:SSE - SSE Plc
    • 5 week: 1079.50 -> 1095.50 GBX (1.48%)
    • YTD: 1069.00 -> 1095.5 (2.47%)

• LON:SYM - Symphony Environmental Technologies Plc - this looks promising, need to check the fundamentals.
    • 5 week: 7.75 -> 9.50 GBX (27.74%)
    • YTD: 6.75 -> 9.50 (46.66%)

• LON:ITX - Itaxonic Pls
    • 5 week: 2.55 -> 2.23 GBX (-12.54%)
    • YTD: 4.25 -> 2.23 (--47.52%) - yikes

• LON:AXS - Accsys Technologies Plc
    • 5 week: 110.5 -> 100.00 GBX (-9.50%)
    • YTD: 105.00 -> 100.00 (-4.76%)
  • "We use fast growing, sustainably sourced timber to create long life wood products with properties that can compete with traditional non-sustainable building materials, such as tropical hardwoods, metal, plastic and concrete.

Our acetylation process boosts the already naturally occurring acetyl content of wood and by doing . reduces the ability of the wood to absorb water, rendering it more dimensionally stable and because it is no longer digestible, extremely durable.

Our process is extremely efficient and locks carbon into a long-life product.

Our main products, which we manufacture and own the proprietary production rights for, are Accoya® solid acetylated wood and Tricoya®  acetylated wood elements for use in MDF panel manufacture.

Both are suitable for public and domestic use, exterior and interior, are made from sustainable wood, and have better performance and characteristics than hardwoods, plastics and aluminium. You can currently see our products most often in joinery/millwork (windows and doors), cladding/siding, and decking.

We are committed to a more sustainable world, and use abundantly available, FSC® certified wood species. Our products have many eco-label certifications, including Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Gold for Accoya®."

Nuclear

• 5 week: 2.53 -> 2.28 CAD (-9.88%)
    • YTD: 3.76 -> 2.28 CAD (-39.36%) - Looks like the bottom may be in?

• 5 week: 10.26 -> 8.79 USD (-14.32%)
    • YTD: 11.39 -> 8.79 (-22.82%)

• 5 week: 223.00 -> 204.00 GBX (-8.52%)
    • YTD: 225.00 -> 204.00 (-9.33%)

On 15/08/2019 at 16:10, longtomsilver said:

If you're bullish on gold then it could be the bargain of the century

Forgive me if it's a dumb question but what's the relationship between yellow cake and gold? Simply that uranium is mined by the same companies?

• Agree 1

longtomsilver
14 hours ago, Hardhat said:

Forgive me if it's a dumb question but what's the relationship between yellow cake and gold? Simply that uranium is mined by the same companies?

Nothing more than that there is a historical correlation between the two metals. If gold is doing well uranium tends to follow.

https://www.cameco.com/invest/markets/supply-demand

The uranium sector will only come back to life if/when? the price of U3O8 trades above $40/lb.

On the day that happens I'd hope to see YCA trading at £3.50 a share and *Energy Fuels (TSE) at CAD10. That's what I'm holding out for anyway. 

*their lower grades aren't really feasible until prices rise.

anecdotally: at $40/lb the operating cost of running a nuclear power plant will only rise by <1%.

Edited by longtomsilver
  • Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a ridiculous six months with work, but with some time off now, I thought I'd update the tracker. A lot of these have rallied hard into the end of the year - if I'd been less busy with work I might have seen a good buy point! Well, that's something for me to think about next year. I aim to update this more often.

Other areas I want to look at:

- suppliers of EV charging points / infrastructure - Siemens are a big player here.

- vertical farms, plant factories, other hydroponic growers - mostly Japan / US currently.

Tracker:

• 22 Week: 132.00 -> 138.40 GBX (4.84%)
    • YTD: 113.07 -> 138.40 (22.40%)

• 22 Week: 141.80 -> 150.60 GBX (6.20%)
    • YTD: 127.80 -> 150.60 (17.84%)

• 22 Week: 500.10 -> 520.00 GBX (3.97%)
    • YTD: 384.50 -> 520.00 (35.25%)

• 22 week: 119.50 -> 125.00 GBX (4.60%)
    • YTD: 115.5 -> 125.00 (8.22%)

• 22 week: 66.35 -> 76.41 USD (15.16%)
    • YTD: 55.15 -> 76.41 (38.54%)

• 22 week: 136.50 -> 141.25 GBX (3.47%)
    • YTD: 124.00 -> 141.25 (13.91%)

• 22 week: 125.00 -> 126.50 GBX (1.2%)
    • YTD: 108.5 -> 126.50 (16.59%)

• 22 week: 121.75 -> 123.00 GBX (1.02%)
    • YTD: 106.00 -> 123.00 (16.03%)

• LON:SSE - SSE Plc
    • 22 week: 1079.50 -> 1467.50 GBX (35.94%)
    • YTD: 1069.00 -> 1467.50 (37.28%)

• LON:SYM - Symphony Environmental Technologies Plc - gave back a lot of gains this year.
    • 22 week: 7.75 -> 7.01 GBX (-9.54%)
    • YTD: 6.75 -> 7.01 (3.85%)

• LON:ITX - Itaxonic Pls
    • 22 week: 2.55 -> 1.67 GBX (-34.50%)
    • YTD: 4.25 -> 1.67 (-60.71%) - double yikes

• LON:AXS - Accsys Technologies Plc
    • 22 week: 110.5 -> 102.00 GBX (-7.69%)
    • YTD: 105.00 -> 102.00 (-2.85%)

Nuclear

• 22 week: 2.53 -> 2.42 CAD (-4.34%)
    • YTD: 3.76 -> 2.42 CAD (-35.63%) - the bottom for this seems to be about 2.00 CAD

• 22 week: 10.26 -> 8.83 USD (-13.93%)
    • YTD: 11.39 -> 8.83 (-22.47%)

• 22 week: 223.00 -> 204.00 GBX (-8.52%)
    • YTD: 225.00 -> 204.00 (-9.33%)
  • Agree 1

Nuclear hasn't done so well over the same time, might have to take a look at these in the coming months.

A base load of stable on demand energy will always be needed so there will (should?) always be a need for nuclear and gas imo