DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

4 minutes ago, Option5 said:

The orange 4wd van is a Russian UAZ-452. They still make them as far as I know.

Scirocco looks like a Storm.

The orange thing was the only one I couldn't identify. The sign on the side is asking 25,000 Euros for it.

I didn't check the back of the Scirocco. I've always been fond of them. Had a quick look... around 10,000 Euros for a good one. Hmm. Maybe not.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Datsun amazing coincidence.

Right. For anybody interested in my path to righteousness. It's time for.... #3. ? Arghh......... What to do. I love both my Capris, there's a new one on the way called a

Spotted this hover version of the Rover 45 recently. As many will know, Rover experimented with gas turbine engines from the 1950s onwards. The-jet engined 45 was aimed at the younger market, particul

Posted Images

On 17/02/2021 at 18:08, The XYY Man said:

Although the vanity plate makes it look five years older than it actually is, the Austin Allegro door handles identify it as a suitable car for this thread.

A 1995, four litre petrol Range Rover, spotted on the South West Industrial Estate in Peterlee this afternoon...

P1080593.thumb.jpg.aa620fc41f6d310a847371baf0fb74e8.jpg

XYY

That looks like it's had a suspension lift and big tyres fitted. It bet it's a monster off road. Theses luxury 4x4s only seem to actually go off road once they're old and depreciated, although the old Range Rovers have become valuable again in recent years.

On 17/02/2021 at 18:08, The XYY Man said:

Although the vanity plate makes it look five years older than it actually is, the Austin Allegro door handles identify it as a suitable car for this thread.

A 1995, four litre petrol Range Rover, spotted on the South West Industrial Estate in Peterlee this afternoon...

P1080593.thumb.jpg.aa620fc41f6d310a847371baf0fb74e8.jpg

XYY

That looks like it's had a suspension lift and big tyres fitted. It bet it's a monster off road. Theses luxury 4x4s only seem to actually go off road once they're old and depreciated, although the old Range Rovers have become valuable again in recent years.

25 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

@Chewing Grass

Nantes Gwrthgon approach road near Nefyn-Really nice cafe (when open!)

Had a holiday at Gors-Lwyd as a kid, probably 1972 about 1/2 mile from Lithfaen, first one I can remember really, the cottage had rush mats on the floor and other stuff that was very retro even back then.

Nant Gwrtheyrn or “the Nant” as it is often called, now home to the National Welsh Language and Heritage Centre, is a magical place located in a former quarrying village on the northern coast of the Llŷn Peninsula in north Wales. This secluded Victorian village has undergone a £5m renovation in recent years which included construction of a new access road.

https://nantgwrtheyrn.org/

Edited by Chewing Grass
6 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I thought it was an engine.

2.8 is a funny size, due to German taxation laws. It's why it replaced the 3.0.. The 2.8 was a nice engine, but the 2.9 replacing it could use unleaded. They ditched the gear driven cams for a cheaper chain, and the valve order was different

7 hours ago, MrPin said:

The 2.8 was a nice engine, but the 2.9 replacing it could use unleaded. They ditched the gear driven cams for a cheaper chain

I believe the 2.9 chain cam drive was an improvement over the 2.8 fibre gears.

The 2.9 was a far better engine in many respects in my expert opinion, owing to my vast experience and my encyclopedic knowledge.   

Just now, Bedrag Justesen said:

The 2.9 was a far better engine in many respects in my expert opinion, owing to my vast experience and my encyclopedic knowledge.   

Yes nothing wrong with chains in an engine. I had a 2.9 Granada.

28 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Fibre gears? I'm no engineer but I'm sure they're supposed to be made of metal, they are no honda V4 motorbikes before they decided to cut costs and go back to chains. Gear driven cams make a noise like a supercharger

Edit: It seems Ford fitted fibre gears to make it quieter, makes sense now. People replace them with metal gears but it makes it noisy

Edited by whitevanman
8 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Fibre gears? I'm no engineer but I'm sure they're supposed to be made of metal, they are no honda V4 motorbikes before they decided to cut costs and go back to chains. 

I believe fibre/ceramic/polystyrene/plastic/plasticine/chocolate may often be specified rather than metal in an attempt to minimise noise.

There is a weakness with chains in that they may stretch or snap due to incorrect tension or insufficient lubrication.

When your engine has chocolate tensioners it is probably weaker than a typical cambelt design.

I contend the Cologne 2.9 was very good in the round.

Another tough engine in my experience is the VW 1.9 TDi PD.