DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Datsun amazing coincidence.

Right. For anybody interested in my path to righteousness. It's time for.... #3. ? Arghh......... What to do. I love both my Capris, there's a new one on the way called a

Probably the same one I saw next Thursday.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Happy Renting said:

Nice. I wouldn't have a Roller any newer than that, because I am not a footballer, Arab, drug dealer or pimp.

What a pity it's not lit underneath, with hydraulic suspension, so it can jump up and down at traffic lights.

On 6/26/2017 at 12:08, Rave said:

As previously recommended to me by SNACR, the forum at autoshite.com is dedicated to spotting, buying and running once unexceptional but now rare cars like these.

I just bought myself a 1996 Peugeot 106 diesel which I plan on keeping on the road as long as possible :) .

My neighbour has one she bought from a farmer, it was stored in a barn for years and had only a few thousand km on the clock. I asked her what it was like "like a 20 year old peugeot 106 that has been left in a barn far too long". In other words, not that great.

As far cars: a renault 5 and a Citroen DS in the last week.

Edited by davidg
On 6/26/2017 at 11:08, Rave said:

As previously recommended to me by SNACR, the forum at autoshite.com is dedicated to spotting, buying and running once unexceptional but now rare cars like these.

I just bought myself a 1996 Peugeot 106 diesel which I plan on keeping on the road as long as possible :) .

Oh dear ,body will last forever but  the engines had major troubles 

131,000 miles on mine, it's still running fine. By running fine I mean that it just about moves the car at an acceptable pace and is extremely miserly with fuel.

Edit: the boot floor is covered with mastic and the sides are a bit rusty. But it's far enough from any suspension mounting point to be a moot point until I clean it up, think.

Edited by Rave
7 minutes ago, Rave said:

131,000 miles on mine, it's still running fine. By running fine I mean that it just about moves the car at an acceptable pace and is extremely miserly with fuel.

Edit: the boot floor is covered with mastic and the sides are a bit rusty. But it's far enough from any suspension mounting point to be a moot point until I clean it up, think.

The 15 IDI`s sufferd  with head gasket problems as they were dry liners the bottom seals perish/ go soft the head gasket goes , IIRC the last of the metros used the same engine ....ironically this is the only bad diesel engine Peugeot ever made 

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

The 15 IDI`s sufferd  with head gasket problems as they were dry liners the bottom seals perish/ go soft the head gasket goes , IIRC the last of the metros used the same engine ....ironically this is the only bad diesel engine Peugeot ever made 

Good to know- but I figure if mine has made it this far it'll probably soldier on, or it's already had a new HG by now!

9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I never noticed that. It has five wheel nuts like a Granada. Sierras had four.

Yes, the difference is subtle. A more reliable indicator is the underbelly; the Sierra has speckled plumage whereas the Granada is light brown (male) or dark brown (female)

39 minutes ago, Rave said:

Good to know- but I figure if mine has made it this far it'll probably soldier on, or it's already had a new HG by now!

The head gasket was a symptom of a much more serious /expensive problem ,but like you say if its got this far you may be lucky ,make sure you use the right antifreeze and at the correct dilution IMO this was the cause of the rubber liner seals breaking down causing the head gasket to fail 

Edited by Long time lurking
On 06/07/2017 at 11:49, spunko2010 said:

See this monthly. A Ford Cortina (P100) pickup:

fordp100-1024x576.jpg

**** me, I've just realised it is a Croatian Greater Spotless Granada, Fordus Granada Fuckinghugeus which can be over 45 feet long. Compare with the normal-sized grey Fiat in the top right corner.

• spunko featured this topic