DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Pizza Shit

spygirl

How often do you eat fast food?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 09/08/2019 at 11:40, spygirl said:

Same idea

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7340181/Costa-shrinks-cup-sizes-coffee-drinkers-less.html

Its mainly fucking hot water.

Go to maccyds. Better coffee, much cheaper.

It's cheaper but it's not better unless something being cheaper makes it taste better.

Personally I'd rather pay another £1 for a decent Costa from a machine in a petrol station than £2 in Wetherspoons for unlimited refills of their ghastly stuff which, I think I've now tried every option on the touchscreen and it doesn't seem to matter if you press cappuccino/flat white/latte etc. the same always comes out.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UnconventionalWisdom
1 hour ago, SNACR said:

It's cheaper but it's not better unless something being cheaper makes it taste better.

Personally I'd rather pay another £1 for a decent Costa from a machine in a petrol station than £2 in Wetherspoons for unlimited refills of their ghastly stuff which, I think I've now tried every option on the touchscreen and it doesn't seem to matter if you press cappuccino/flat white/latte etc. the same always comes out.

If I have a black coffee, McDonalds is fine. If i want a latte, I would go to Costa, pret etc 

10 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

If I have a black coffee, McDonalds is fine. If i want a latte, I would go to Costa, pret etc 

If I want a latte, I make my own. (See the coffee machine thread). 

leonardratso

8 stone 5'11" ? gawd, id say even 10 stone was too light for that height, i think i should be about 13-14 stone, i was 14 stone for 25 years, but lately larded up to 17 stone over last few years, im down to 16 now and need to carry on to 14, i doubt id be alive if i was 8 stone. im about 6'4", finding losing weight tough cos im an old codger now.

UnconventionalWisdom
8 hours ago, sam1994 said:

I'm 5ft11 and have gone from 10st4 to 8 stone on the dot now

That's a big reduction. I dont want to scare you, but it could be serious. The doctors can check you out and do the relevant checks. Please don't wait, I had something serious, but was lucky that they thought they caught it quick. Now, I tell everyone to get things checked out. 

Edit: just read you are waiting for an appointment. I hope you get it soon!

UnconventionalWisdom
10 hours ago, One percent said:

If I want a latte, I make my own. (See the coffee machine thread). 

I agree with that, 3 quid buys me a whole packet and not just a cup :). Barely use the cafes near my house, I think my coffee is nicer.

I meant if I'm out and about.

2 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

I agree with that, 3 quid buts me a whole packet and not just a cup :). Barely use the cafes near my house, I think my coffee is nicer.

I meant if I'm out and about.

The initial outlay is expensive but after that, cheap as anything to make. 

I have this one, eight years old and just on its last legs now

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Magnifica-ESAM-4200-S-Silver/dp/B001EOMZ5E/ref=sr_1_3?crid=AO5HCRJS2S32&keywords=delonghi+coffee+machine&qid=1565849908&rnid=1642204031&s=kitchen&sprefix=Delongh%2Caps%2C147&sr=1-3

it’s expensive at the moment and does come down to just over the 200 quid mark

UnconventionalWisdom
1 minute ago, One percent said:

The initial outlay is expensive but after that, cheap as anything to make. 

I have this one, eight years old and just on its last legs now

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Magnifica-ESAM-4200-S-Silver/dp/B001EOMZ5E/ref=sr_1_3?crid=AO5HCRJS2S32&keywords=delonghi+coffee+machine&qid=1565849908&rnid=1642204031&s=kitchen&sprefix=Delongh%2Caps%2C147&sr=1-3

it’s expensive at the moment and does come down to just over the 200 quid mark

I used to have a De'Longhi. Was good but after a few years the pressure reduced and the coffee suffered. I tried the aeropress after a couple of recommendations. Really like the taste and its smooth. 

Would recommend if people dont have a coffee machine, infinitely better than a cafetiere that offers no pressure

The problem is the only local shop is Tesco and that's driven out butchers etc. I suppose I could buy meat online but I like to see what I'm buying and suspect they will palm me off with whatever wouldn't be bought in the shop online. An online shop would make sense for packaged goods

I found that the Butcher's in Morrisons is actually very good, but it is some miles away. 

I need to go see a doctor I suspect. I have had 9 Large domino's in the past 7 days with that ridiculous 700 calory garlic dip, and can't put on weight. Have always had a fast metabolism and was skinny as a rake but that started to slow down when I started drinking. I'm 5ft11 and have gone from 10st4 to 8 stone on the dot now. I don't have diabetes. This was checked a few months ago for some reason. 

Yes. I am trying to expand, but it's hard to find people that are good at their job. I also find it difficult to delegate some tasks to other people. 

I used to pretty much live on coffee and would be on my 8th cup of Douwe Egberts by mid-day. Lately I can't drink it. The taste makes me wretch and I started heaving the other day after a sip. I normally take a week off in December and didn't last year, which has done me in. Found out I have slipped disc and I think I know why. Some fuckwit at work tried to lift a 500kg pallet off a lorry with his hands. At first I was laughing thinking he was on a wind up. The pallet ended up lopsided and the delivery idiots didn't give him a pallet pusher. Now if I go for a shit and take more than three minutes, it'll take me twenty minutes to feel my toes again. 

So many alarm bells ringing here that I don't know where to start. When you first posted on this site I thought that you reminded me of me 25 years ago (attitude, education, own business, etc.) but you're getting yourself into even worse stress than I did. My attempts to power through my body's increasingly obvious warning signs ended with a 24-hour panic attack and three months of depression but fortunately no lasting physical symptoms. You may well have it worse if you carry on the way you are.

Things should ease up in a few months though. 

Yeah, that's what I used to tell myself too. Cut yourself some serious slack and slow down now. There's no fun in being the hardest worker in the cemetery.

You could online shop for some premium oven ready meals (Charlie Bigham ones or whatever they’re called) for half that cost and they’ll be twice as healthy.

I’m trying to improve my diet from a different start point and it’s very difficult to break bad habits especially when time is short and convenience high. However if you’re going to be honest with your doctor and put yourself in the hands of their care one of the first things they definitely will say will be to improve your diet. Obviously you know this, but I’m just saying. Make a start.

4 hours ago, sam1994 said:

I am not depressed.

No, nor was I before the panic attack. I didn't make it clear but what happened was that everything was going fine until it suddenly wasn't. I had warning signs such as heart palpitations and such a shortage of free time that I'd ask my wife to buy milk on her way home when there was a shop two minutes from our front door, but still I felt fine, upbeat and hard-working until the panic attack hit me, like running full-pelt into a brick wall.

One way or another, the body/mind finds a way to stop you killing it. It's like a fuse blowing. Different people experience it in different ways, but if you carry on at your current high level of stress then at some point it's highly likely that you will suddenly and dramatically find yourself unable to work at all, possibly for quite some time.

5 hours ago, Alex said:

No, nor was I before the panic attack. I didn't make it clear but what happened was that everything was going fine until it suddenly wasn't. I had warning signs such as heart palpitations and such a shortage of free time that I'd ask my wife to buy milk on her way home when there was a shop two minutes from our front door, but still I felt fine, upbeat and hard-working until the panic attack hit me, like running full-pelt into a brick wall.

One way or another, the body/mind finds a way to stop you killing it. It's like a fuse blowing. Different people experience it in different ways, but if you carry on at your current high level of stress then at some point it's highly likely that you will suddenly and dramatically find yourself unable to work at all, possibly for quite some time.

This is what I was going to say. You will hit a brick wall and won't be able to work, for weeks, months or even years, and everyone else will fly past you with their careers, and it will be for nothing.

What exactly have you gained by working at 4am? Health must come first, above making money. I work 40-50 hours a week, I used to work from 9am to 10PM 6 days a week, but it isn't worth it. Nobody ever sold the idea to me that working to the extent that you will live a shorter life is worth it.

I was selfish, I didn't pay any attention to how worried my family were about me. I still feel bad for making my mum ill with worry.

leonardratso

have to admit ive gone the other way, i do practically fuck all these days at work, from being a workahsolic, had a bit of a tumble january this year and decided that i wasnt going to kill myself for that shithole, its not as if they are even that grateful anyway, so fuck em, ill put my feet up and go on the internet all day, might put a few hours in here and there, but not entire weeks without stopping like i used to.

UnconventionalWisdom
7 hours ago, spunko said:

What exactly have you gained by working at 4am? Health must come first, above making money. I work 40-50 hours a week, I used to work from 9am to 10PM 6 days a week, but it isn't worth it. Nobody ever sold the idea to me that working to the extent that you will live a shorter life is worth it.

I have worked with a research group at a uni. Their head guy has gone from 2/3 people to 15-20 in 3 years. 

He was getting in early, working til 5pm so he could get home, have dinner with his wife/daughter and then would get back to work at 8 until the early hours. 

Great bloke and knows his stuff but has now been signed off work for 3/4 months due to stress. The future of the group is in jeopardy due to him being the only one who has the links and brings the grants in. Sad as the group are doing great things with good minds/top-level equipment. 

Well the lodgers had a week of training and that means his girlfriend has either stayed or visited either way that means they have take out every night it’s great has I get a posh breakfast from there left overs she actualy looks at me in a disgusted way when I’m scavenging through what they didn’t eat hell the other day they left half a pitza and I’m like can I freeze it lol

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

Well the lodgers had a week of training and that means his girlfriend has either stayed or visited either way that means they have take out every night it’s great has I get a posh breakfast from there left overs she actualy looks at me in a disgusted way when I’m scavenging through what they didn’t eat hell the other day they left half a pitza and I’m like can I freeze it lol

You didn’t did you?  o.O

leonardratso
5 hours ago, stokiescum said:

it'll be fine, just blast it in the microwave before you eat it, build up some listeria resistance, wash it down with some cheap whisky to kill any big bugs.

7 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

it'll be fine, just blast it in the microwave before you eat it, build up some listeria resistance, wash it down with some cheap whisky to kill any big bugs.

I’ve been back in stoke 7 years been the drs once and that was for a sick note when the x got sectioned otherwise not had a day off when I’ve been ill though to be fair I did bunk 1 day off last year because I poped out for a pint at 11am and realised at 5 pm I could hardly stand so the landlord pretended to be me and rang up saying I was not feeling very well which to be fair was pretty truthful 

leonardratso
10 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I’ve been back in stoke 7 years been the drs once and that was for a sick note when the x got sectioned otherwise not had a day off when I’ve been ill though to be fair I did bunk 1 day off last year because I poped out for a pint at 11am and realised at 5 pm I could hardly stand so the landlord pretended to be me and rang up saying I was not feeling very well which to be fair was pretty truthful 

was the landlord an african irish guy with a thick welsh accent? That would definately have made you sound ill down the blower.

On 16/08/2019 at 06:36, Alex said:

Can you elaborate on what a panic attack feels like. Think I've had a couple over the years.

Noallegiance
On 12/08/2019 at 09:12, spygirl said:

They have very dynamic - and gouging  - prices/times.

Virtually give them away 1pm-4pm.

spyjr sometimes gets a small pizza rather than sandwich - its cheaper (and probably much unhealthier ..)

If you order online at lunchtime you can request evening delivery!

Lunchtime prices for peak time delivery. Bosh.

2 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

If you order online at lunchtime you can request evening delivery!

Lunchtime prices for peak time delivery. Bosh.

That would require the people they gouge - drunks fro mthe pub and stoners- to have some form of coordination/planning.

They dont.

Archived