DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

ETF WTF

spygirl

I can see why you'd take a keen interest!  Another reason to be wary.  Plenty of others if you're one of the .01% or whatever who actually read the prospectuses, etc.

Didn't know what an etf was! Just tried to find out. (Exchange-Traded Funds?)

SPY is one of the better known ETFs?

So what have these 11 names of young Americans (re the SPY ETF) got to do with it?

When they are all dead, does the fund get closed down?

But these are just random names? Not even investors?

Makes absolutely so sense to me! But at least I know a bit more than before I read your post. 🤔

21 minutes ago, whocares said:

Didn't know what an etf was! Just tried to find out. (Exchange-Traded Funds?)

SPY is one of the better known ETFs?

So what have these 11 names of young Americans (re the SPY ETF) got to do with it?

When they are all dead, does the fund get closed down?

Yes.

But these are just random names? Not even investors?

Yes. Sortof.

Makes absolutely so sense to me! But at least I know a bit more than before o read your post. 🤔

It was legal fudge that is goign to cause a problem.

Why was such a legal fudge necessary in the 1st place? Are there other ETFs which don't have this problem? 

Does the fund have a problem when anyone of the 11 names dies or only when the last one dies?

Glad I don't really need to know all this. Bad enough checking our tax return (France) to see if that makes sense! (Got that on my list of things to do today!)

Archived