DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Crop Circles

Sugarlips

They keep appearing and some of them are quite beautiful:

Preston Candover Basingstoke 11th Aug

DA4E8518-DFB2-4408-ACE0-B8A1698543D2.jpeg

Tufton Hants 4th August 

859D378D-9CBE-48C2-A82E-02C4208B3084.jpeg

Warminster Warwickshire 28th July

E2F3325E-4AB1-4892-B9D7-57DFE312EC76.jpeg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swiss_democracy_for_all

Are they just made up images or are they real? 

What level of autism would be necessary to spend the hours and hours creating one of them?

If I was the farmer I’d be fucking furious, though I’ve heard most of the income for arable is subsidy anyway so perhaps they don’t care all that much. 

20 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

What level of autism would be necessary to spend the hours and hours creating one of them?

If I was the farmer I’d be fucking furious, though I’ve heard most of the income for arable is subsidy anyway so perhaps they don’t care all that much. 

Maybe these angles make them look more authentic?

37844DA5-63B9-4D31-B096-237AF39869E1.jpeg

DDC18E98-2121-458C-93CB-35828B9050F8.jpeg

0A6B7099-C11D-4F5F-A34F-D4637B82F974.jpeg

93D713FF-AF16-4F46-945A-7AF4DF7C20D0.jpeg

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

I can assure you that the phenonema is very real.

OK, so Chewy spends nights running around with ropes and measuring devices in cornfields. Anyone else owning up?

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

I can assure you that the phenonema is very real.

There isn't a dispute on that AFAIK.

In certain valleys, particularly in WIltshire / Oxfordshire, when the wind is strong enough mini-tornadoes are formed which when they touch the ground in wheat / barley fields flatten the crop in a circle with all the stalks following the rotation of the tornado.

Anything that isn't a simple circle is however made by creative locals; and they can be works of art.

ninjaborrower
17 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

There was a time when farmers recuited smart guys in the local pub to make them,

There was good money in convincing people like Reg Presley to part with money to walk around in them to "investigate"

Loads in Hampshire this year. They are getting quite ornate. Those space aliens  must have been getting art lessons off Spunko. 

Chewing Grass

Has anyone speculated about thw symbology because I'm not as its alarmingly simple.

Is there a Turkish restaurant nearby.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/08/2019 at 10:53, Frank Hovis said:

Anything that isn't a simple circle is however made by creative locals; and they can be works of art.

Locals with the power of invisibility who can work in pitch black and never make a mistake.

For scale, the parallel tractor lines are approx 9 feet apart.

https://www.lotus-ocean.net/cropcircles.htm

In the last 30 years alot of skeptics have tried to prove that crop circles are manmade hoaxes, but their attempts have never gone past making jaggedy patterns which don't resemble a proper circle from any vantage point. All that's usually left behind is a messy heap of damaged crop stalks.
On 16/08/2019 at 17:38, Popuplights said:

Loads in Hampshire this year. They are getting quite ornate. 

Some from nearly 20 years ago are spectacular.

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Locals with the power of invisibility who can work in pitch black and never make a mistake.

For scale, the parallel tractor lines are approx 9 feet apart.

You can see at night and reasonably well if there is any part of the moon shining.

They're excellent but they're artwork.

4 hours ago, One percent said:

Probably because @The XYY Man lives in ‘pool. 

Pay attention number one.

I am from Hartlepool, but currently live a few miles up the road in the Peterlee area.

Bit like that YORKSHIRE-Cockerney shit you've been doing for the last thirty-five years...

;)

XYY

11 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Pay attention number one.

I am from Hartlepool, but currently live a few miles up the road in the Peterlee area.

Bit like that YORKSHIRE-Cockerney shit you've been doing for the last thirty-five years...

;)

XYY

I guess it’s all the same to that French spy  poor sodding monkey. o.O

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I guess it’s all the same to that French spy  poor sodding monkey. o.O

Simian bastard got a fair trial.

And apparently the judge was from Whitby...

XYY

19 minutes ago, Ponty Mython said:

These intrigue me. How long would it take one or two people to create the pattern above, with such a high level of accuracy? More than a summer night's worth of darkness, surely? And, ultimately, why?

About three full days for a team of six with aerial support, would be my best guess. Even then I'm not entirely convinced it would be 100% geometrically precise. 

Why? That's jndeed the ultimate question! :)

And again, the scale of these should not be underestimated:

This massive 780-foot (238 meters) crop circle appeared in 2001 in the remote area of Milk Hill in Wiltshire, England. The elaborate design is composed of 409 circles that form a pattern called a double, or six-sided, triskelion, which is a motif consisting of three interlocking spirals.

Archived