DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Making investing interesting

Wight Flight

Wight Flight

Thanks for all the advice. He is finally back from America and we have decided to have a competition.

We will both start off with £500 invested in whatever stocks we think will do well and add £100 every month. Honorary prize for the best fund in 12 months time.

He is actually quite excited by this. Hopefully it can 'give him the bug'

However, as I said in the OP, I know nothing about how to set this up.

I guess his ought to be in a Junior ISA. I am going to cheat and just stick my money in a managed fund for the year as a benchmark (and to save me time for now)

Does anyone know a junior ISA that allows you to pick stocks - or do you just need an online app thing which would be more up his street?

And I assume I just pick some random ISA firm and set up a direct debit?

I am clueless - not after investment advice, just the easiest way to get us both up and started.

Help gratefully received.

PS @spunko - probably should have started this in the investment forum - but I haven't been there often so didn't think of it. Can you move if you think necessary?

I'd encourage him to buy stocks in 5 companies whose products he is most familiar with, i.e. own the company that makes the stuff he wants. Every now and again delve a bit deeper into how his product purchases affect the profitability of the companies he owns.

Archived