DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Brexit

Green Devil

10 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Pound rose slightly I noticed overall. 

That's markets for you - closing off positions buy/sell the rumour sell/buy the news, GBP heavily shorted in the run up.

If the 29th were A50 day the 30th has got to be Junker day.

1) Letter from Polish MP

https://order-order.com/2017/03/30/polish-mp-complains-jean-claude-druncker/#disqus_thread

Polish MP Krystyna Pawłowicz has written to Jean-Claude Juncker complaining that his “obvious alcohol dependency” has become a “problem of the entire European community”. Pawłowicz claims Juncker’s drinking was “particularly distasteful and out of place” during the visit of Pope Francis and accuses him of “offensive” behaviour towards “women who were certainly too polite to ask you to take a rest”

2) Junker going to get Ohio and Texas to great from US union.

And as for the laughable threat of a 'divorce' payment ... the British government should just say 'OK, you give us a bill ... and show us how it was worked out and a full copy of the audited accounts of the EU so we can check the calculations'

... and we wait and wait for those signed-off audited accounts ...

... Go fuck yourselves, the phrase 'fucking swivel on it' comes to mind.

• Agree 3

Virgil Caine

I love the way that the media reheats old stories in the wake of Article 50 and serves them up as new

For example here us the Guardian today trumpeting the fact that property is cheaper in Brussels and Frankfurt than London (and incidentally Paris).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/29/cheap-housing-gives-frankfurt-and-brussels-edge-as-alternative-to-london

And here is a BBC article from 1999 saying more or less the same thing prior to the introduction of the Euro

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/events/the_launch_of_emu/inside_emu/225425.stm

11 hours ago, Flirtygirty said:

I love the way that the media reheats old stories in the wake of Article 50 and serves them up as new

For example here us the Guardian today trumpeting the fact that property is cheaper in Brussels and Frankfurt than London (and incidentally Paris).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/29/cheap-housing-gives-frankfurt-and-brussels-edge-as-alternative-to-london

And here is a BBC article from 1999 saying more or less the same thing prior to the introduction of the Euro

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/events/the_launch_of_emu/inside_emu/225425.stm

Brussels is a dog shit infested islamic hell hole (Molenbeek anyone?)

Frankfurt, boring boring boring. Munich would make more sense but it is super expensive and full of fish slapping Bavarians.

Paris: overcrowded with shitty little apartments - if you can even rent anything. Stinky overcrowded metro system overrun with foot pads and Trotskyite mayor. Outside of the Beltway its an islamic hell hole. Strikes. Super high taxes. Shallow sewer system so it smells in the summer. Worse than going back to Victorian London.

None of them are that attractive as places to relocate for bankers. Zurich would have more chance, although it is not even in the EU!

EU shows its true colours; 'After the United Kingdom leaves the Union, no agreement between the EU and the United Kingdom may apply to the territory of Gibraltar without the agreement between the Kingdom of Spain and the United Kingdom.'

So after two years of discussion the EU want to allow Spain to turn round and say ..............  No don't like it.

Ironically Gibraltar voted by about 98% to Remain.

Virgil Caine
5 hours ago, davidg said:

Brussels is a dog shit infested islamic hell hole (Molenbeek anyone?)

Frankfurt, boring boring boring. Munich would make more sense but it is super expensive and full of fish slapping Bavarians.

Paris: overcrowded with shitty little apartments - if you can even rent anything. Stinky overcrowded metro system overrun with foot pads and Trotskyite mayor. Outside of the Beltway its an islamic hell hole. Strikes. Super high taxes. Shallow sewer system so it smells in the summer. Worse than going back to Victorian London.

None of them are that attractive as places to relocate for bankers. Zurich would have more chance, although it is not even in the EU!

Frankfurt - 'like Reading but not as interesting'

Edited by Flirtygirty
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

"Express that sort of opinion to the sort of people I hang out with and I'd be lynched for being a fucking Nazi."

That nails it. The extremists in this debate are usually (but not exclusively) the remainers yet they call the leavers Nazis without a shred of irony. Funny old world.

Like the semi-academic world I work in.  It's all Brexit-fear mongering, Trump is a threat to the world etc etc.  I just roll my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Chewing Grass

A truly remarkable bunch of arseholes, be on your guard.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/12/15m-oldsters-in-their-graves-could-swing-second-eu-vote-says-ian-mcewan

“A gang of angry old men, irritable even in victory, are shaping the future of the country against the inclinations of its youth,”

“This country, like a depressed teenage self-harmer, takes out a razor to scour a forearm and now contemplates its own throat,”

“Truly, Brexit has stirred something not heroic or celebratory or generous in the nation, but instead has coaxed into the light from some dark, damp places the lowest human impulses, from the small-minded to the mean-spirited to the murderous.”

“By 2019 the country could be in a receptive mood: 2.5 million over-18-year-olds, freshly franchised and mostly remainers; 1.5 million oldsters, mostly Brexiters, freshly in their graves,”

“How we voted almost a year ago is in a sense irrelevant as it is in the past,”

“I will carry on remoaning until the whole thing is over,”

Oh and the Irish twat turned up,

Bob Geldof said: “I loved [McEwan’s] rejectionism. Anger is a great animus. I heard too much reasoned debate this morning. I resent those who voted leave. There is too much hubris that infects the political class. Fuck them.”

Yeah, fuck you Geldoff...

There's not much point in the Brexit vote result if it doesn't stop unfettered and unregulated immigration, because that is what the country voted out for, not any high minded idealistic bollocks, or any future financial reasoning. I'm pretty sure anyone with any brains would have been aware that leaving Europe, in the short term, would be hard, but it didn't seem to stop the vote result, notwithstanding the concerted efforts of ALL the political parties trying to brainwash the public into thinking it would be a disaster.

Politicians are there to give you the illusion that your vote makes a difference, whilst in the background, it's business as usual for the megalomaniac sociopaths.

Oh yeah, and Geldof is a sanctimonious cunt of the highest order. 

Edited by THE MAJOR
  • Agree 1

Green Devil
1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Don't count your chickens, there's an immense amount of posturing going on right now.

I agree they are full of shit. Idle threats. They have no intention of leaving but if and when they do I'll raise a toast!