• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Free childcare possibility for non-working parents in Wales

Recommended Posts

They are waay behind the curve.  Someone I know is a childminder (well was - gave it up for being too stressful) and she says that ALL parents are entitled to free childcare whether working or not.  Something about socialisation - feckless parents again and trying to dilute the effect they have on their own offspring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, One percent said:

They are waay behind the curve.  Someone I know is a childminder (well was - gave it up for being too stressful) and she says that ALL parents are entitled to free childcare whether working or not.  Something about socialisation - feckless parents again and trying to dilute the effect they have on their own offspring

Indeed, the low-skilled feckless useless mothers can hand over their kids to childcare, so they can train up to be childcare assistants.

This will ensure that no welsh kid is left with a load of feckless useless mothers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does 'on the cusp of returning to work' mean? That's far too ambivalent for my liking, sort of the same as a Spud from Trainspotting interview where he needs to attend the interview but is scared shitless of actually being offered the job and deliberately fucks it up. I suppose he's permanently on the 'cusp of returning to work' too.

There is a fairness aspect to this as well, we both work full time and our childcare outgoings, we estimate, will be around 60-70k by the time we are done. 

I worked with a single mother with three kids and it was galling to say the fucking least to see the amount of free shit that she was given that would account for a large chunk of our monthly outgoings. She couldn't believe half of what she was entitled to either and let us know.

The system involving kids is generous enough for those who genuinely want to use it properly. The piss-takers really don't need yet another avenue for them to work to their advantage. Ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Indeed, the low-skilled feckless useless mothers can hand over their kids to childcare, so they can train up to be childcare assistants.

This will ensure that no welsh kid is left with a load of feckless useless mothers.

 

 

No feckless mother left behind

There, I have even made up a new strapline for the initiative  xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

What does 'on the cusp of returning to work' mean? That's far too ambivalent for my liking, sort of the same as a Spud from Trainspotting interview where he needs to attend the interview but is scared shitless of actually being offered the job and deliberately fucks it up. I suppose he's permanently on the 'cusp of returning to work' too.

There is a fairness aspect to this as well, we both work full time and our childcare outgoings, we estimate, will be around 60-70k by the time we are done. 

I worked with a single mother with three kids and it was galling to say the fucking least to see the amount of free shit that she was given that would account for a large chunk of our monthly outgoings. She couldn't believe half of what she was entitled to either and let us know.

The system involving kids is generous enough for those who genuinely want to use it properly. The piss-takers really don't need yet another avenue for them to work to their advantage. Ffs.

My guess would be that`s code for they are not going to be able to say i can`t do this course/job because i have a kid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

What does 'on the cusp of returning to work' mean? That's far too ambivalent for my liking, sort of the same as a Spud from Trainspotting interview where he needs to attend the interview but is scared shitless of actually being offered the job and deliberately fucks it up. I suppose he's permanently on the 'cusp of returning to work' too.

There is a fairness aspect to this as well, we both work full time and our childcare outgoings, we estimate, will be around 60-70k by the time we are done. 

I worked with a single mother with three kids and it was galling to say the fucking least to see the amount of free shit that she was given that would account for a large chunk of our monthly outgoings. She couldn't believe half of what she was entitled to either and let us know.

The system involving kids is generous enough for those who genuinely want to use it properly. The piss-takers really don't need yet another avenue for them to work to their advantage. Ffs.

Waiting for an opening for 50k job ......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.