• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Germans are the 'biggest victim' of Brexit – But UK leaving EU gives Macron 'more power'

GERMANY is the biggest victim of Britain’s departure from the European Union - but the shift in the dynamic within the bloc will hand Emmanuel Macron more power, a game theory expert has claimed.

GERMANY is the biggest victim of Britain’s departure from the European Union - but the shift in the dynamic within the bloc will hand Emmanuel Macron more power, a game theory expert has claimed.

By DARREN HUNTPUBLISHED: 10:02, Sun, Aug 18, 2019 | UPDATED: 10:05, Sun, Aug 18, 2019
Germany will be the biggest victim of Britain leaving the European Union amid the huge dynamic shift, an expert has claimed. Marcus Schreiber, a game theory expert and CEO and Founding Partner of TWS Partners, also insisted that France would be the “big winner” in Brussels after Brexit.

Mr Schreiber explained how the Germans will be put in a difficult position, once the UK has eventually left the EU and
said:

“The Germans are the biggest victims of a Brexit, not because of exports or cars, but because we needed always the British rationale within Europe because the Brits have a good business acumen, they have a good sense of reason while there is a kind of southern-Roman coalition which are more into spending, more government, more centralising and so on."

“Although the French and the Germans have been quite close leading Europe, this was always the big dispute."

“The Germans very often used the UK as a strong ally to kind of tame this kind of centralising, bigger state, more spending, less discipline, ‘let’s ignore rules if we don’t like it’ kind of attitude, which you see in the more southern, Latin countries.”He added: “From a power-play perspective, for Macron, an exit of the UK is good, it will empower France as the leader of the southern-Roman countries, and it will weaken Germany.

“Given that Angela Merkel is weaker than she was 24-months ago, she has lost many discussions.

“The new European Commissioner, even though she is German, it was Macron’s idea, so he was leading recently.
“It has to do with the weakness of Merkel and it has to do with him, or France, gaining power with Britain leaving. Power-wise, France will be the big winner.”
During the interview, Mr Schreiber claimed Prime Minister Boris Johnson was doing everything “right” given his targets to get a better Brexit deal with the European Union.
Mr Johnson has taken a tough stance with the EU since taking over as Prime Minister - despite insisting he still wants to secure a deal with the EU.

The Prime Minister has said the UK will leave the Brussels bloc with or without a deal at the end of October and has demanded changes to the withdrawal agreement.

The European Union have also stood firm, and refused to make any changes to the deal agreed by former Prime Minister Treason May, like ejecting the controversial backstop mechanism within the deal, nudging Britain closer to the October 31 exit date.
In April, the French President championed a short Brexit extension and has hinted the October 31 deadline should be the final date when the UK leaves the EU.
Speaking back in June, Mr Macron said: “I think this is the final, final deadline because I don’t want to have the new Commission and this new executive to deal with this. I think it is a big mistake to procrastinate.

The Germans themselves always seem surprised when I've told them it's their problem not the UKs (mine as well as a German taxpayer).  Maybe this will start being reported a bit more in the press (but I have my doubts)

Yes the division and scheming has risen to the surface since BJ came to power Merkel takes the olive branch Macron contradicts her stances there is a division and a power grab going on here at some point the other members will have to choose sides ,,,,my guess is it`s not looking good for Merkel and that means it`s not looking good for the EU as a whole

I really do think us leaving is the beginning of the end of the EU and fuck yes we hold all the cards ,huge parts of Germany's and France`s economy relies on our consumption

6 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Yes the division and scheming has risen to the surface since BJ came to power Merkel takes the olive branch Macron contradicts her stances there is a division and a power grab going on here at some point the other members will have to choose sides ,,,,my guess is it`s not looking good for Merkel and that means it`s not looking good for the EU as a whole

I really do think us leaving is the beginning of the end of the EU and fuck yes we hold all the cards ,huge parts of Germany's and France`s economy relies on our consumption

Not sure which would be quicker, a  collapse without or without Brexit, millions of brits still tied to the EU with a very sharp axe to grind, boycotts,  political activism, etc. 

As for France.Macron leading the pack, can't see that working out well, some petulant ex Goldman Sachs banker steering the ship on the rocks more likely. Is and always has been about Germany in control with lapdog French in tow and the rest realising that Germany so economically dominate that rocking the boat not best thing to do and unlikely to be successful.

8 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Not sure which would be quicker, a  collapse without or without Brexit, millions of brits still tied to the EU with a very sharp axe to grind, boycotts,  political activism, etc. 

As for France.Macron leading the pack, can't see that working out well, some petulant ex Goldman Sachs banker steering the ship on the rocks more likely. Is and always has been about Germany in control with lapdog French in tow and the rest realising that Germany so economically dominate that rocking the boat not best thing to do and unlikely to be successful.

I think Germany is much like the UK in the sense that when it was all booming there was no thoughts of what effect the EU was having on the country it`s only when a downturn comes that people wake up and start to look around them this IMO was when the UK realised that the EU had screwed us which lead to us voting to leave ,Germany is at the waking up stage now 

If we leave with no deal Germany is going to be hammered in this scenario my money is on Germany being the next to leave,they will not stay and pay for Macron`s fuckwitery 

5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I think Germany is much like the UK in the sense that when it was all booming there was no thoughts of what effect the EU was having on the country it`s only when a downturn comes that people wake up and start to look around them this IMO was when the UK realised that the EU had screwed us which lead to us voting to leave ,Germany is at the waking up stage now 

If we leave with no deal Germany is going to be hammered in this scenario my money is on Germany being the next to leave,they will not stay and pay for Macron`s fuckwitery 

Indeed. Even with ZIRP a lot of europe is effectively in deep recession still from the last bust, especially for the class that is underemployed / unemployed in southern states.

Looks like The Duran called this one right - see above vid.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1176254/EU-news-European-Commission-defence-single-market-industry-Emmanuel-Macron-Sylvie-Goulard

Macron seizes control of EU: Paris handed power over Brussels defence AND single market

EMMANUEL MACRON secured a critical victory today after France’s European commissioner was handed control of the bloc’s defence, industrial and space policy

but because we needed always the British rationale within Europe because the Brits have a good business acumen, they have a good sense of reason while there is a kind of southern-Roman coalition which are more into spending, more government, more centralising and so on."

“Although the French and the Germans have been quite close leading Europe, this was always the big dispute."

“The Germans very often used the UK as a strong ally to kind of tame this kind of centralising, bigger state, more spending, less discipline, ‘let’s ignore rules if we don’t like it’ kind of attitude, which you see in the more southern, Latin countries.”He added: “From a power-play perspective, for Macron, an exit of the UK is good, it will empower France as the leader of the southern-Roman countries, and it will weaken Germany.

Should not have turned our country into the world's cesspit then.