• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Libspero

Project Fear The Waste

Turns out we currently ship all our black bin waste out to waste to energy plants in Europe because we have never bothered to invest in our own.  Subsequently Southerners are now going to have to dump their waste in the North after Brexit because their population density is too high to bury it there.  

Meanwhile, the UK waste industry's trade body has warned a disruptive no-deal Brexit could mean rubbish from the more densely-populated South East being sent to landfill in northern England.

No-deal Brexit 'will see more waste going to landfill' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49440290

Frankly Brexit can’t come soon enough,  investing in our own infrastructure is well overdue.

5 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Turns out we currently ship all our black bin waste out to waste to energy plants in Europe because we have never bothered to invest in our own.  Subsequently Southerners are now going to have to dump their waste in the North after Brexit because their population density is too high to bury it there.  

No-deal Brexit 'will see more waste going to landfill' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49440290

Frankly Brexit can’t come soon enough,  investing in our own infrastructure is well overdue.

Nope that`s wrong  there are at least half a dozen energy from waste power stations in the UK that i know of

Two of them are in the London area Tilbury and just outside of reading

Edited by Long time lurking

12 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Nope that`s wrong  there are at least half a dozen energy from waste power stations in the UK that i know of

Also Glasgow & Derby amongst others. Interserve went bust trying to build them.

8 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

They are still building more as we speak  

Every sub contractor i know of that`s involved in the construction of them and this includes bio mass work on a labour only basis ,the quality of the manufacturing/materials is notoriously bad to do it on price would be financial suicide 

22 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

8 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

And one in Cornwall in clay country.

Obviously it's not actually generating anything at the moment because the turbine is broken.

But at least we tried.

23 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I don’t doubt it,  but if we have such abundant capacity of our own,  why are we currently exporting loads to Europe for exactly this purpose?

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

And one in Cornwall in clay country.

Obviously it's not actually generating anything at the moment because the turbine is broken.

But at least we tried.

Plymouth and Exteter  i have worked on both 

6 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I don’t doubt it,  but if we have such abundant capacity of our own,  why are we currently exporting loads to Europe for exactly this purpose?

Are we ?  even if so they are welcome to our shit :D