DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Recommend me an office/ TV chair

Bus Stop Boxer

Bus Stop Boxer

Im in the market for a cream bonded leather type chair that will serve as an office chair and a 2/3 hour TV chair.

Ive had one of these in the past but found the bottom seat padding flattened out to the point of almost non existence within months.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RS-Soho-Rome2-business-leather-faced-exec-swivel-computer-office-chair-in-cream-/271785887526?epid=1835556406&hash=item3f47b38726:g:vK0AAOSwNSxU7HDy

So my search has taken me to this sort of thing which has the emphasis on tv and not office.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Alphasons-Premium-Drake-Recliner-Chair-and-Footstool-CREAM/352020714944?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D44829%26meid%3Da769def250c04a15b8bb41720bce2274%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D271785887526

This i think would be awful for posture at a desk.

So, is there in existence, a highly comfortable, well padded, office chair that would double as a fairly tidy TV cinema chair.

Has anyone bought anything recently that they would recommend? As buying on usual online outlets is a crap shoot.

Budget £150.

Dont want a lazy boy. Even though i am terribly terribly lazy,.

Cheers.

Definite no to TV chair for desk use.

Bought S/H Herman Miller chair, obviously not cream and office looking but does the job well and about the same as your budget. Best to try anything before you buy as really is a crap shoot in terms of what you get quality wise  and posture, fit, etc.

Edited by onlyme
  • Agree 1

Bus Stop Boxer
1 hour ago, onlyme said:

Definite no to TV chair for desk use.

Bought S/H Herman Miller chair, obviously not cream and office looking but does the job well and about the same as your budget. Best to try anything before you buy as really is a crap shoot in terms of what you get quality wise  and posture, fit, etc.

Yes i think my back needs to be the main consideration here. Theres an outlet down here in Darzet that is selling off Herman Millers quite cheap. May check them out. Cheers.

5 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Yes i think my back needs to be the main consideration here. Theres an outlet down here in Darzet that is selling off Herman Millers quite cheap. May check them out. Cheers.

Sounds like a plan. They are heavy duty and due to weight they can recline back futher than many other office chairs without feeling unstable, so may make a passable lounging chair with a suitable foot stool. Residual value would be good too, they just don't wear. Looking at pricing probably even make money on mine if I wanted to sell on ;-).

I discovered Herman Miller Aeron chairs aren't cat friendly.

Very hard to find decent office chairs. I think a lot, regardless of price, use the same mechanisms and brackets. I often find they end up listing to one side or wobbly.

Edited by SNACR

Frank Hovis

After the arms from cheapo ones from Argos / Computer shops going every few years I bought one for £10 out of the local paper.

It was a proper office chair, solid as a rock and very comfortable but needed a good clean as it came from one of those "hoarder next door" houses.

If you fancy doing a bit of bagging a bargain then how about a John Pye auction?  They get stuff from bankrupt businesses and returned goods.

http://www.johnpye.co.uk/all-auctions/

John-Pye-Auctions-Derby-140-Retail-Aucti