• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

Why have freezers gone up so much

The lodger keeps banging on about moveing out I can’t buy my own washing maching yet has we are useing his after mine died .but I can buy a freezer mine died and I just bunged a few bits in his chest freezer .mine was under counter so I’m going to have to loose a handy dumping spot for my shit ,but what surprises me is how much they have gone up by I could have got one for 100 notes 2 years ago but they all appear to be.130-140 now ,or am I looking in the wrong place washing machines you can still get for around 170 quid which is about a tenner increase on 2 years ago .has anyone else noticed an increase in white goods or am I being a needlessly pedantic fucker

23 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

The lodger keeps banging on about moveing out I can’t buy my own washing maching yet has we are useing his after mine died .but I can buy a freezer mine died and I just bunged a few bits in his chest freezer .mine was under counter so I’m going to have to loose a handy dumping spot for my shit ,but what surprises me is how much they have gone up by I could have got one for 100 notes 2 years ago but they all appear to be.130-140 now ,or am I looking in the wrong place washing machines you can still get for around 170 quid which is about a tenner increase on 2 years ago .has anyone else noticed an increase in white goods or am I being a needlessly pedantic fucker

£110 - Electra EFUZ48W Freestanding A+ Rated Freezer -White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CM2Q6RC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BfwyDbNR8W0XM 

Everything electrical has shot up.  I’ve been planning my shiny new kitchen and keeping an eye on appliances. They have all gone up by a hundred or so.  As @stokiescum says, the price of fridges (or in my case fridge freezers) have gone up massively. Was looking at a Samsung, not that I want one as far too big, but their toppish end ones have gone up a few hundred. 

Devaluation of the pound as we make fuck all 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Everything electrical has shot up.  I’ve been planning my shiny new kitchen and keeping an eye on appliances. They have all gone up by a hundred or so.  As @stokiescum says, the price of fridges (or in my case fridge freezers) have gone up massively. Was looking at a Samsung, not that I want one as far too big, but their toppish end ones have gone up a few hundred. 

Ah Samsung. Will keep @The XYY Man paid up spying for Korea.

15 minutes ago, One percent said:

I thought I was imagining it 

21 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

£110 - Electra EFUZ48W Freestanding A+ Rated Freezer -White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CM2Q6RC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BfwyDbNR8W0XM 

That’s cheap if it’s a full

size undercounted one

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

All Samsung's have spying Apps built in as standard these days.

Its why they banned Gas Fridges as they don't need electricity or the internet to work.

Ah yes. I see you watch BLAZE TV too.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

All Samsung's have spying Apps built in as standard these days.

Its why they banned Gas Fridges as they don't need electricity or the internet to work.

Why the hell would Samsung want to know what’s in people’s fridges?  

Just now, One percent said:

It's not what's in the its what goes on in front of them...

sink.jpg.e5d6fe44be9777f2fdda59abf534f317.jpg

The bunny in the cooking pot was far too graphic so I decided on the washing up scene.

Freezers have ears and fridges have eyes, fridge-freezers have both and Uncle Kim is watching.

5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

It's not what's in the its what goes on in front of them...

sink.jpg.e5d6fe44be9777f2fdda59abf534f317.jpg

The bunny in the cooking pot was far too graphic so I decided on the washing up scene.

Freezers have ears and fridges have eyes, fridge-freezers have both and Uncle Kim is watching.

o.O

i guess you could just leave it unplugged. 

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

For monitoring regarding selling opportunities.

I’ve read many reports over the years about automating food supplies......low on butter, wine, cheese etc.....get a reminder then click to pay and replenish your fridge.

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

For monitoring regarding selling opportunities.

I’ve read many reports over the years about automating food supplies......low on butter, wine, cheese etc.....get a reminder then click to pay and replenish your fridge.

Then sell your data to both the supermarket and insurance companies... 

15 minutes ago, One percent said:

Then sell your data to both the supermarket and insurance companies... 

Apart from utility expenses on direct debit I use cash mostly for other purchases to attempt to avoid being tracked and profiled. I do make some online purchases but well considered ones these days.

Advertisers are wasting their time with me. However there are loads of folk out there who are persuaded to purchase by marketing......saves time, don’t have to think about it, we’ve got the best deal for you etc...

Edited by Van Lady

AFAIK most use R600 now aka lighter gas...

More insulation to reduce heat transfer but less steel, they seem to be little more than tinfoil covered urethane foam these days.

26 minutes ago, Kilham said:

AFAIK most use R600 now aka lighter gas...

More insulation to reduce heat transfer but less steel, they seem to be little more than tinfoil covered urethane foam these days.

I’m not fussed has long has they freeze shit and don’t catch fire just ordered one 

Edited by stokiescum