• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
SpectrumFX

Skips

Had anybody here ever hired a skip?

Jesus fucking Christ, it's like the entire neighborhood has been waiting with their front door ajar, bag of shit in hand, for some poor unfortunate to hire a skip so that they can offload all their crap.

Why can't they just go to the tip?

Fucking bastards.

xD

I have the reverse.

The old tenant of my unit told me if I left my pallets outside they would be taken away.

Three weeks they have been there. The neighbours had theirs removed, but mine remain untouched.

Finally today a woman dropped in and asked if we wanted our pallets. They hadn't taken them so far as they hadn't asked permission.

Not what I am used to.

I get a 15T grab truck every couple of weeks during building work. Neighbours keep giving me wine and chocolates to throw a bit of rubble into the mix. Virtually pays for the grab hire and they don’t mind the disruption as they get something out of it too :-)

Don't know what it is about skips and mattresses, it's like a universal law. Hire a skip and it's guaranteed that some twat has been storing a mattress for ten years just waiting, and waiting...

25 minutes ago, Starsend said:

Don't know what it is about skips and mattresses, it's like a universal law. Hire a skip and it's guaranteed that some twat has been storing a mattress for ten years just waiting, and waiting...

Strange.

Every time I've had to get rid of a mattress somebody always hires a skip that I can put it in. ;)

It's like the chicken and the egg. Does an empty skip create a mattress or does the need to get rid of a mattress create the skip...?

4 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Skips...?

Pretty salty, and they stink of fish.

Fairly easy to nosh-on if you wear false-teeth though...

285901-Skips-6pk1.jpg&f=1

285901-Skips-6pk1.jpg&f=1

XYY

I did wonder if this thread was going to be about the tasty prawn snack, or as a long shot the character off 'Regular Show', which after Curb is probably my all time favourite program. Despite it being a cartoon for kids.

You'd all laugh or not believe me if I told you the number of tip runs I've done with a trailer, not all one way trips either as return trips the merchants are all handy and buying loose material cheaper from one particular supplier and direct load into trailer. Even better now as I can get the trailer round to the rear garden and tip the trailer so don't have to unload materials by hand. Has been a viable alternative, but only because recycling centre is close and very amenable.

The grab truck is a good way for removing lots of spoil that many people do not realise exists, but accessibility and location of dump pile needs to suit.

9 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

I have the reverse.

The old tenant of my unit told me if I left my pallets outside they would be taken away.

Three weeks they have been there. The neighbours had theirs removed, but mine remain untouched.

Finally today a woman dropped in and asked if we wanted our pallets. They hadn't taken them so far as they hadn't asked permission.

Not what I am used to.

Find a local allotment and speak to them. Someone always wants pallets.

2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Hard to get rid of up to 10 a week.

Pikey collection is the way for me.

Low grade industrial yard near us recently abandoned after being stacked full of pallets, are they the new tyres?

Edited by Panther

21 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Hard to get rid of up to 10 a week.

Pikey collection is the way for me.

A colleague collects them weekly from a local place for his logburner; he buys them a bottle of decent scotch every Christmas as a thankyou.

Not had any problems. Some cover their skip with an old tarp, seems to put people off.

Years ago someone placed a skip in my parking space next to my house (was one of those awful new build shared car park things between the terraces) that started a war.

On 26/08/2019 at 21:07, SpectrumFX said:

Had anybody here ever hired a skip?

Jesus fucking Christ, it's like the entire neighborhood has been waiting with their front door ajar, bag of shit in hand, for some poor unfortunate to hire a skip so that they can offload all their crap.

Why can't they just go to the tip?

Fucking bastards.

xD

I think the trick is to fill it before anyone else does,

If i hire a skip i make sure its filled with in a hour or two

And also jump up and down in it as you fill it to cram as much crap in it as possible