• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Southmartin

Pact Announced

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

Does this mean that they are both just months away from invading Poland?

It's always seems to be  Poland that seems up for a kicking.:S

11 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

Nigel's just announced that the Brexit Party will do a non-aggression pact with the Tories

Will have to wait and see how the Labour North take to that 

Conditional on Brexit having happened 31/10/2019?

Edit to add: I can’t help feeling it would be more effective to say they are only going to contest seats where the incumbent voted to prevent Brexit on 31/10/2019 irrespective of the incumbents party.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

I don't think people in the South East of England have the slightest grasp of how much the Tories are hated - yes, hated - in the North of England and Wales. There is a dismissive arrogance to the people who live in these places.

Labour is also dismissive - complacent - to these areas also. But if Farage makes a pact with the Tories then to most Labour leaning voters in these two areas it will just confirm their views that he is a Tory.

25 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I can’t help feeling it would be more effective to say they are only going to contest seats where the incumbent voted to prevent Brexit on 31/10/2019 irrespective of the incumbents party.

There are people that just point blank won't vote Tory.

It could actually be better if the Tory candidate withdrew in a constituency.

There are Labour MPs that are now despised because of their anti-BREXIT stance, in their LEAVE majority constituency.

Angela Rayner for example.

Stand down the Tory to leave a clear run for the BREXIT Party candidate.

Needs careful planning but could work on the basis a winning BREXIT Party MP will call a by-election promptly once BREXIT is achieved.

Simply standing down BREXIT Party candidates is not enough, but will work in a Tory majority constituency, with a LEAVE supporting MP/candidate.

The main targets should be REMAIN supporting MPs/candidates in a LEAVE majority constituency, regardless of party.

This will put pressure on Brambell.

Jo Swinson not being willing to work with Brambell, as well as others viewing him as toxic, makes him a liability.

LibDems will split REMAIN vote to hammer Labour.

LEAVE supporting Labour voters will abandon Labour to finish them off in the North, and Scotland.

12 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

There are people that just point blank won't vote Tory.

It could actually be better if the Tory candidate withdrew in a constituency.

There are Labour MPs that are now despised because of their anti-BREXIT stance, in their LEAVE majority constituency.

Angela Rayner for example.

Stand down the Tory to leave a clear run for the BREXIT Party candidate.

Needs careful planning but could work on the basis a winning BREXIT Party MP will call a by-election promptly once BREXIT is achieved.

Simply standing down BREXIT Party candidates is not enough, but will work in a Tory majority constituency, with a LEAVE supporting MP/candidate.

The main targets should be REMAIN supporting MPs/candidates in a LEAVE majority constituency, regardless of party.

I think JRM has mentioned that “The Conservative and Unionist Party” are obliged by their constitution to contest every seat.

From the above video apparently the pact would be an election pact conditional on Boris committing to No Deal.  Any such pact with the tories should of course be in writing with appropriate signatures and witnesses etc and with proper legal oversight and within proper legal jurisdiction and copies kept in safe and secure locations - bearing in mind the tories (and the other LibLabCon parties of course) relish for braking any promise including manifesto promises made before elections once they gain power.

It wouldn't be beyond them to make a pact with the Brexit Party to weaken the Brexit Party's campaign and once in power renege on it.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I think JRM has mentioned that “The Conservative and Unionist Party” are obliged by their constitution to contest every seat.

As the alternative is probably a Corbyn-led coalition government and a new referendum with the Leave vote on the paper marked with the Nazi swastika, maybe they should review their constitution?

One might almost think some of the people who claim to want Leave don't really care about it and only care about themselves.  9_9

Anyway afaics Boris is faced by the following choices :

1. Forcing the election to be after Oct 31st by various dodgy political mechanisms like proroguing thereby largely eliminating the Brexit Party but picking up major opposition from people who disapprove of him doing that. Not sure what the outcome would be there.

2. Holding an election in October with no pact and throwing Brexit away - LibLab will win IMO, partly because of northern Leave-voting thickos who can't bring themselves to ever vote Tory or pseudo-Tory (how they'll view the BP) no matter what the circs, and disregarding the fact that Lab have sold them down the river.

3. Holding an election in October with a properly drawn up pact with the BP with the campaign aimed at getting rid of the Remainer MPs of all parties, and delivering Brexit. IMO this could just about be successful despite the twat Labour voters mentioned earlier as at least most of the swing seats in the south will elect a Leaver MP.

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I don't think people in the South East of England have the slightest grasp of how much the Tories are hated - yes, hated - in the North of England and Wales. There is a dismissive arrogance to the people who live in these places.

Labour is also dismissive - complacent - to these areas also. But if Farage makes a pact with the Tories then to most Labour leaning voters in these two areas it will just confirm their views that he is a Tory.

Your Labour voter until i die has pretty much died off. Blair saw to that, and Corbyn who is a neoliberal Blairite (judging by his actions) is making sure there is no resurrection. 

Look at the stupid cunts making sure they tell the working class who once voted for them that their vote no longer matters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49483374

4 minutes ago, Tdog said:

Your Labour voter until i die has pretty much died off. Blair saw to that, and Corbyn who is a neoliberal Blairite (judging by his actions) is making sure there is no resurrection. 

Look at the stupid cunts making sure they tell the working class who once voted for them that their vote no longer matters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49483374

They still won Peterborough. Some dodgy dealings with local Muzzers perhaps, but that can only account for a bit of the Labour vote, lots still "truly" voted for them and I bet there were many Leave voters among them. Many won't vote for Tory or BP no matter what.

5 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

They still won Peterborough. Some dodgy dealings with local Muzzers perhaps, but that can only account for a bit of the Labour vote, lots still "truly" voted for them and I bet there were many Leave voters among them. Many won't vote for Tory or BP no matter what.

Middle class leftys, people reliant on the state for their jobs along with benefit claimants, immigrants and muzzers would be their client base.

Your average bricky who would once have voted Labour will have no problem voting BP/UKIP .. voting Tory may involve holding their breath, but any worker priced out of housing would be daft voting Tory.   

1 minute ago, ccc said:

This has nothing to do with stopping a no deal brexit. It's to stop brexit full stop. 

Yes the left are on the side of the billionaires, the corporations and the bankers, and against the working man. Fascist traitorous cunts one and all.

I suspect a lot of Labour diehards would vote for the Brexit Party as a one off just to get out of the EU and then revert to voting Labour again afterwards.

They aren't all that unread and and uninformed and they've seen and/or experienced the consequences of the EU especially in recent years.

28 minutes ago, twocents said:

I suspect a lot of Labour diehards would vote for the Brexit Party as a one off just to get out of the EU and then revert to voting Labour again afterwards.

They aren't all that unread and and uninformed and they've seen and/or experienced the consequences of the EU especially in recent years.

I thought that, but the Peterborough result made me think otherwise, I was shocked BP didn't win easily as I was told by an acquaintance it's an EE-overrun(in the bad sense ie scummers not workers) shithole. Let's hope that was a one-off but I seriously doubt it. Labour got a LOT of votes there, wishful thinking won't make that go away.

At the very least Farage will need to find some northern-accented local candidates who can put on a bit of a show of being someone an old Labour type could vote for. Posh southern-accented businessmen won't cut it.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

As the alternative is probably a Corbyn-led coalition government and a new referendum with the Leave vote on the paper marked with the Nazi swastika, maybe they should review their constitution?

One might almost think some of the people who claim to want Leave don't really care about it and only care about themselves.  9_9

Anyway afaics Boris is faced by the following choices :

1. Forcing the election to be after Oct 31st by various dodgy political mechanisms like proroguing thereby largely eliminating the Brexit Party but picking up major opposition from people who disapprove of him doing that. Not sure what the outcome would be there.

2. Holding an election in October with no pact and throwing Brexit away - LibLab will win IMO, partly because of northern Leave-voting thickos who can't bring themselves to ever vote Tory or pseudo-Tory (how they'll view the BP) no matter what the circs, and disregarding the fact that Lab have sold them down the river.

3. Holding an election in October with a properly drawn up pact with the BP with the campaign aimed at getting rid of the Remainer MPs of all parties, and delivering Brexit. IMO this could just about be successful despite the twat Labour voters mentioned earlier as at least most of the swing seats in the south will elect a Leaver MP.

Labour leave voters will vote for any party that promises brexit ideally a no deal brexit, why because they are not as thick as remainers they also know exactly which end of the stick has the shit on it as they have had that end for the the best part of two decades ,,,,they will vote for BREXIT regardless who it is,,,,,,,,,, the problem is there are two parties splitting that vote 

1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I thought that, but the Peterborough result made me think otherwise, I was shocked BP didn't win easily as I was told by an acquaintance it's an EE-overrun(in the bad sense ie scummers not workers) shithole. Let's hope that was a one-off but I seriously doubt it. Labour got a LOT of votes there, wishful thinking won't make that go away.

At the very least Farage will need to find some northern-accented local candidates who can put on a bit of a show of being someone an old Labour type could vote for. Posh southern-accented businessmen won't cut it.

The Brexit vote was split ,and it was very close even with some dodgy things going on with Labour 

2019 by-election: Peterborough[25][26]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
  Labour Lisa Forbes 10,484 30.91 −17.16
  Brexit Party Mike Greene 9,801 28.89 (new)
  Conservative Paul Bristow 7,243 21.35 −25.45
  Liberal Democrat Beki Sellick 4,159 12.26 +8.92
  Green Joseph Wells 1,035 3.05 +1.27
  UKIP John Whitby 400 1.18 (new)
  Christian Peoples Tom Rogers 162 0.49 (new)
  English Democrat Stephen Goldspink 153 0.45 (new)
  SDP Patrick O'Flynn 135 0.40 (new)
  Monster Raving Loony Alan "Howling Laud" Hope 112 0.33 (new)
  No description Andrew Moore 101 0.30 (new)
  Common Good Dick Rodgers 60 0.18 (new)
  Renew Peter Ward 45 0.13 (new)
  U

17 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

From 2014.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/530367/Migrants-agree-Michael-Fallon-we-are-swamped

The 2011 census revealed that Peterborough in Cambridgeshire had a population of 184,500, of which 40 per cent, 73,000, were from an ethnic minority but it is believed that figure is probably higher.

Our investigation found:

*Nearly 40 per cent of pupils do not speak English as a first language with £210million spent over five years to create 5,000 more classroom places.

*Migrants are pouring into the city, many illegally, to take advantage of the NHS, leaving GP surgeries at breaking point.

*Employment agencies report that up to 75 per cent of job seekers are now foreign, mostly from Eastern Europe, with the Amazon distribution centre staffed almost exclusively by Poles and Lithuanians.

Dianne Pollard, 31, recently started work for retail giant Amazon at the company’s Peterborough Fulfilment Centre.

The 500,000 square foot distribution warehouse employs thousands of workers, most from Central and Eastern Europe.

Miss Pollard said: “There are not many English people there at all, it tends to be workers from Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Russia.

6 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

The Brexit vote was split ,and it was very close even with some dodgy things going on with Labour 

2019 by-election: Peterborough[25][26]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
  Labour Lisa Forbes 10,484 30.91 −17.16
  Brexit Party Mike Greene 9,801 28.89 (new)
  Conservative Paul Bristow 7,243 21.35 −25.45
  Liberal Democrat Beki Sellick 4,159 12.26 +8.92
  Green Joseph Wells 1,035 3.05 +1.27
  UKIP John Whitby 400 1.18 (new)
  Christian Peoples Tom Rogers 162 0.49 (new)
  English Democrat Stephen Goldspink 153 0.45 (new)
  SDP Patrick O'Flynn 135 0.40 (new)
  Monster Raving Loony Alan "Howling Laud" Hope 112 0.33 (new)
  No description Andrew Moore 101 0.30 (new)
  Common Good Dick Rodgers 60 0.18 (new)
  Renew Peter Ward 45 0.13 (new)
  U

OK, so if Boris won't commit to No Deal, this Tory/BP split will be replicated across the country and we'll get a LibLab coalition, a repeal of Article 50 and Remain via a fixed referendum.

Does Farage really want Brexit or just to call attention to himself? He risks destroying what he supposedly wants the most.

If he really wanted it, he could make the pact with Boris even for the withdrawal agreement, get into Parliament and fight for it's "hardening" over the next few years as it's enacted, it is after all just a starting point. I reckon he prefers showboating. Cunt. (Him, not you :-) )

1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

OK, so if Boris won't commit to No Deal, this Tory/BP split will be replicated across the country and we'll get a LibLab coalition, a repeal of Article 50 and Remain via a fixed referendum.

Does Farage really want Brexit or just to call attention to himself? He risks destroying what he supposedly wants the most.

If he really wanted it, he could make the pact with Boris even for the withdrawal agreement, get into Parliament and fight for it's "hardening" over the next few years as it's enacted, it is after all just a starting point. I reckon he prefers showboating. Cunt. (Him, not you :-) )

That`s the question i have been asking for a long time ,i think we might get an answer ,my thoughts are it`s all about saving the Tory party and destroying UKIP  if we get a pact i think BP will then go the same way as UKIP