• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Gloucester

9 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Old Holborn✘ (@Holbornlolz) Tweeted:
Fucking hell.

Welcome to er....Gloucester 

https://t.co/dmP1MJ4BnU https://twitter.com/Holbornlolz/status/1166420869826142209?s=17

Bloody hell, literally. 

I couldn't give the slightest hint of a shite if it's unfair to just repatriate them all, I don't want this shit in my country. 

What benefit do we get from immigration? 

Anyone?

9 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Bloody hell, literally. 

I couldn't give the slightest hint of a shite if it's unfair to just repatriate them all, I don't want this shit in my country. 

What benefit do we get from immigration? 

Anyone?

And the answer is none.

I would lay money that is Barton Street in the centre which runs off Eastgate and gets progressively worse.

Gloucester is odd; it has mostly nice suburbs (and I lived in one) but the city centre tends to be very quiet though getting to be enriched, druggy and stabby as you move down Eastgate to Barton Street.

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

And the answer is none.

I would lay money that is Barton Street in the centre which runs off Eastgate and gets progressively worse.

Gloucester is odd; it has mostly nice suburbs (and I lived in one) but the city centre tends to be very quiet though getting to be enriched, druggy and stabby as you move down Eastgate to Barton Street.

What i cant understand is why this has to stop ,it`s bollocks as far as i`m concerned 

It's amazing how Gloucester has changed in the space of a few years. Went there few times 4 years ago, barely saw a non-white face. Quite the sleepy hollow. Went again at end of last year and the amount of middle eastern/Somali young men hanging around in gangs round the center was off the chart. 

4 minutes ago, Paulie said:

It was always a bit rough. Cromwell St springs to mind.

OI, I also lived in Midland Road for a bit.

We thought Cromwell Street was dead posh.

Fred and Rose lived in Midland Road until they could afford to move to Cromwell Street.

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

never felt that comfortable in Gloucester, anyone with money lives in surrounding villages/towns, so it's all a bit scummy 

Cheltenham has the roughest and biggest council estate.

Gloucester has Coney Hill which is rough but isn't that big.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Cheltenham has the roughest and biggest council estate.

Gloucester has Coney Hill which is rough but isn't that big.

gloucester has white city, matson, tredworth, kingsway etc, it just feels shit having lived in various other parts of the uk

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

gloucester has white city, matson, tredworth, kingsway etc, it just feels shit having lived in various other parts of the uk

I'm in Cornwall and staying there!

There are however plenty of nice suburbs in Gloucester where most people would be happy to live.  Most of north, south and west Gloucester are pefectly decent.  As is the east if you go out a bit.

You can't sum up a town as uniformly great / shit.  Plymouth and Exeter for example have some absolutely delightful neighbourhoods and also some terrible ones. And then of course there is London which has all the extremes; from Cheyne Walk to Stockwell.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm in Cornwall and staying there!

There are however plenty of nice suburbs in Gloucester where most people would be happy to live.  Most of north, south and west Gloucester are pefectly decent.  As is the east if you go out a bit.

You can't sum up a town as uniformly great / shit.  Plymouth and Exeter for example have some absolutely delightful neighbourhoods and also some terrible ones. And then of course there is London which has all the extremes; from Cheyne Walk to Stockwell.

Currently mulling a relocate from Nth Dorset to Mid/South Devon.

However there is no escaping this, ultimately.

As Holborn himself has always said.....

Import....

Get.......

21 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Tick tock.

Absolutely.

3 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Currently mulling a relocate from Nth Dorset to Mid/South Devon.

However there is no escaping this, ultimately.

As Holborn himself has always said.....

Import....

Get.......

Absolutely.

Ethnics pretty much always want an urban environment.

Go and live in a hamlet, anywhere, and the only time you will see an ethnic is on the news or a visit to a nearby town or city.

Ethnics want benefits, freebies and drugs.  You don't get much of those in small villages.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Go and live in a hamlet, anywhere, and the only time you will see an ethnic is on the news or a visit to a nearby town or city.

Ethnics want benefits, freebies and drugs.  You don't get much of those in small villages.

Nope, they will get there in the end.

Wer're fucked.

Try Lundy.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

They are relocating such people in small villages across Wales.