• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Harley

Last Call: PPI Claim Deadline 11:59pm tonight!

This whole PPI misselling thing pisses me off.

Ive had several credit cards over the years and because I gave it some thought, did 'due diligence', if you like and decided that PPI was a rip off, I decided to decline it in every case. On one occasion, it was added to an account even though I had not signed up to it and I made them take it off and refund the premiums paid.

Now I kind of wish Id had it and I could be raking in some compensation now. Just another example of how the system is stacked against the intelligent thinkers in favour of the feckless moronic masses.

12 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Ive had several credit cards over the years and because I gave it some thought, did 'due diligence', if you like and decided that PPI was a rip off, I decided to decline it in every case. On one occasion, it was added to an account even though I had not signed up to it and I made them take it off and refund the premiums paid.

Now I kind of wish Id had it and I could be raking in some compensation now. Just another example of how the system is stacked against the intelligent thinkers in favour of the feckless moronic masses.

This is the complexity in managing one's affairs.  As much as it is tempting to follow logic, the 'right' thing to do is so often just what everyone else is doing.  By this logic the 'right' thing to do at the moment is to fill your boots with whatever credit they'll offer you, because when the shit comes they'll do stuff to bail you out (whatever that is).

Anyway, I did fill in the ppi form and feel like a bit of a fraud -- I took it out for a mortgage years ago when I heard a rumour of redundancies at my then employer.  The redundancies came but I kept my job and so cancelled the policy.  But I didn't tell them of that logic (outwith T&Cs anyway).  Anyway, form sent, I feel like a fraud, but the (so so wealthy) banks have probably already set aside my compensation and would only laugh at the idiot principled me anyway if I kept quiet -- so PPI claim it is.

And thanks for the link @Harley -- I'd got a form from the bank but had procrastinated and given the timescales used the online tool on your link -- very convenient.

Edited by dgul

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

This is the complexity in managing one's affairs.  As much as it is tempting to follow logic, the 'right' thing to do is so often just what everyone else is doing.  By this logic the 'right' thing to do at the moment is to fill your boots with whatever credit they'll offer you, because when the shit comes they'll do stuff to bail you out (whatever that is).

Anyway, I did fill in the ppi form and feel like a bit of a fraud -- I took it out for a mortgage years ago when I heard a rumour of redundancies at my then employer.  The redundancies came but I kept my job and so cancelled the policy.  But I didn't tell them of that logic (outwith T&Cs anyway).  Anyway, form sent, I feel like a fraud, but the (so so wealthy) banks have probably already set aside my compensation and would only laugh at the idiot principled me anyway if I kept quiet -- so PPI claim it is.

I agree, especially about the debt thing, and I wouldnt feel like a fraud if I were you. So much money has been thrown around at those who are IMO undeserving of it, that I almost consider it my moral duty to take whatever I can get my hands on - Ive paid enough in taxes, God knows.

I have considered whether I should file some claims even though I know beyond a shadow of doubt that that I have never had a policy. Im sure it would be like walking ionto a bank and trying to withdraw noney from a non existant account.

Does this mean the claims companies, who are pretty much run and staffed by the people who sold the PPI in the first place AFAICT, will now STFU?

No? There’ll be something else along in a day or so that people can be infantilised over and claim for? oh.

10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Sorry, tried but can't find it by searching on my phone or in emails.

It was www.reclaimppi.co.uk , I used them and got back a grand total of £80-odd.

However I did reclaim about 10 years ago and got about £500.

But...

We're no longer accepting new customers

In order to process our existing customer base in an orderly manner in the run up to the deadline, we are no longer taking on any new customers.

47 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

I thought the same, but motivated by a thread here, I thought I'd try my luck. Turns out, unknown to me, I had PPI on a loan I had in the 90s, I got £3k back for that.

23 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Does this mean the claims companies, who are pretty much run and staffed by the people who sold the PPI in the first place AFAICT, will now STFU?

No? There’ll be something else along in a day or so that people can be infantilised over and claim for? oh.

claims against the banks for anyone that has ever lost in any investment seems to be gaining traction.

The banks don't seem even slightly bothered about paying out PPI. It does look like some backdoor way of trying to kick-start consumerism by handing out free money. Decided to join the club and yesterday (after failing to get through to bank on phone and its website crashed) I sent a claim off by post. Friends have had amazing PPI handouts so why not.

I did a claim form with one of the agencies, just in case...

to my surprise (not, because I’ve never been a moron) they turned up nothing. Although that said they did keep sending me back paperwork asking my wife to sign or somesuch for joint accounts, apparently completely unable to process the idea that we might not have ever had any, except the mortgages. So my confidence in the competence of the presumably fresh hotel and tourism graduates processing the forms is not exactly high.

28 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I've never taken out PPI. I declined it every time. I generally don't buy services or stuff I don't want. Mis-selling my arse. more like mis-buying.

Snap. I was all well covered through work contract and a permanent job. 

I never had PPI and have taken only a few loans other than now repaid mortgage in my life.

Loans earlier in life were for reroofing my current home, one cheap car purchase and the last one over 20 years ago was to pay my ex husband off to get home in my name. None of my loans, including mortgage, had PPI added so I have no claim.

At the end of last last I was truly sickened when I met up with an acquaintance for a meal out. It was a three times a year meet up thing over a number of years so I have a good idea of her circumstances.....shopping every weekend for unneeded stuff.....new cars.....home makeovers....cruises.....divorce....loans.....money problems.

She is an overall nice and decent person albeit with a tendency to look down on “poorer” people but definitely not sensible with money. Well paid NHS professional now retired. Pre retirement and now she had no need from my world view of needing any loan other than mortgage or an occasional one for necessary home repairs or a vehicle.

She was constantly worried about paying her mortgage off and had moved to a cheaper home to reduce I’m not sure how much it was but I’d guess around 30 to 40k from stuff she said. At our last meet up I really felt disgusted by her gloating and happiness that she’d received a PPI payment that had paid off her mortgage. I repaid my mortgage from earned wages and living frugally.

It makes me wonder who is the mug?

Edited by Van Lady

7 hours ago, Harley said:

Just starting the claim (e.g. making an enquiry) may be sufficient to meet the deadline:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance/

Some systems becoming overloaded!

Last chance to get your stupid tax back plus a great return 👍

How will HMG boost the economy next ? 

Will no one think of the the car salesmen and travel agents 

#helpaspiv

10 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Last chance to get your stupid tax back plus a great return 👍

How will HMG boost the economy next ? 

Will no one think of the the car salesmen and travel agents 

#helpaspiv

Here’s a revolutionary plan. Why not let people, who tend not to be so reliant on the state, retire a bit early, thus freeing up jobs for younger people?