• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bus Stop Boxer

New Brillo show

Just now, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Yup.  Back when i used buy Private Eye, before it became the paper embodiment of that sneering shithoue Hislop, i used to look for a Brillo pic in the letters every issue.

Hasn't it always been edited by Hislop since its founding?

I don't understand the problem with that photo personally, and Neil's comment about (to paraphrase) as it's nothing but public schoolboy snobbery is quite right. Older man has relationship with younger, exotic looking woman, who fucking cares.

PS: If anyone wants to "do a Lineker" and send him excrement I know where he lives. xD

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

I don't understand the problem with that photo personally, and Neil's comment about (to paraphrase) as it's nothing but public schoolboy snobbery is quite right. Older man has relationship with younger, exotic looking woman, who fucking cares.

PS: If anyone wants to "do a Lineker" and send him excrement I know where he lives. xD

Don't tell Renty. He mails excrement world wide.

9 minutes ago, spunko said:

Not since its founding. Unless he was about 18 when he started.  But i concede he wasnt always QUITE such a sneering prick.

He probably got BBC'd doing HIGNFY too long, and picked the wrong side re Brexit.

IMHO.

I also dont have a prob with the photo, it was just a quite funny running joke to see the spurious reasons for printing it in the letters page.

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer

52 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Not since its founding. Unless he was about 18 when he started.  But i concede he wasnt always QUITE such a sneering prick.

wasn't it Richard Ingrams?

Hislop has been doing the same old, same old for far too long now.

3 hours ago, Funn3r said:

andrew-neil.jpg

andrew-neil.jpg

Perennial photo whenever Brillo mentioned.

Can somebody please clarify  something about Andrew Neil.

When I first saw the guy he was 38 and looked 70. He had a shock of receding ginger hair.

Wind forward 32 years and the guy is 70 and looks 70. He has a shock of receding ginger hair that hasn't moved a millimeter.

I'm guessing a wig, but the other bit is very strange.

Edited by crashmonitor

8 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Can somebody please clarify  something about Andrew Neil.

When I first saw the guy he was 38 and looked 70. He had a shock of receding ginger hair.

Wind forward 32 years and the guy is 70 and looks 70. He has a shock of receding ginger hair that hasn't moved a millimeter.

I'm guessing a wig, but the other bit is very strange.

he has a very young wife now