DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Boots

MrPin

I need some nice boots for motorcycle use. I don't need to look like a zombie post apocalypse world mutant biker, or a poof. Any suggestions?I used to have "plod" style CHIPs boots, and they weren't camp at all. These are now unavailable. I'm thinking of going down to Northampton, and getting horse boots custom made instead. For I am a gentleman biker.

On 29/08/2019 at 15:24, MrPin said:

I need some nice boots for motorcycle use. I don't need to look like a zombie post apocalypse world mutant biker, or a poof. Any suggestions?I used to have "plod" style CHIPs boots, and they weren't camp at all. These are now unavailable. I'm thinking of going down to Northampton, and getting horse boots custom made instead. For I am a gentleman biker.

https://www.nps-solovair.com/collections/solovair/products/s6-969-bg-g?variant=19778936897600

A true gentleman should buy shoes for all occasions from solovair - work, weddings n kicking opposing supporters heads in.

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Nazi boots.

And some well-tailored lederhosen...

XYY

Nah, much better to have a Hugo boss designed uniform. Very smart and dapper 

Here is harry fashioning it. o.O

26C9EA09-440F-42C5-AECD-E38E1F853DA3.jpeg

Don't you have a local motorcycle shop..?

Ours has a good selection of boots. And motorbikes.

Or some sort of army surplus store..? They'll have some German ones, and probably a spiky helmet too...

XYY

Long time lurking
8 hours ago, MrPin said:

All very unhelpful suggestions. I just want boots, like the plod used to have.

If you want quality Altberge British made with a price tag to match

13 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

If you want quality Altberge British made with a price tag to match

Good call. they look strong. But I want to be a fake cavalry officer, not a bogus marine.

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Good call. they look strong. But I want to be a fake cavalry officer, not a bogus marine.

Can you actually ride a proper horse then Gordon Richards...?

XYY

14 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Can you actually ride a proper horse then Gordon Richards...?

XYY

I've been on a horse, but I think I will stick to motorcycles.

I'm the same.

Tried a horse once, but it had a mind of its own and it nearly chucked me off.  (fnnnaaaarrrrr!!!)

Motorbikes tend to do what I tell them - within the accepted laws of physics.

A motorbike might *give* you a hard-on. But it cannot develop one itself while you are sat on it...

XYY

6 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Buy steelies Pinny, no VAT to pay with them and you'll get sparks if you trail a toe.

Got steelies. Wanted something to keep my legs dry.

• 1 month later...
On 01/09/2019 at 01:57, Carl Fimble said:

Buy steelies Pinny, no VAT to pay with them and you'll get sparks if you trail a toe.

Also useful for some ad hoc `panel beating` when someone `cuts you up` or opens their passenger door on you.

Buy the boots that are best for riding a road motorcycle.

The coolest looking bikers look like...bikers. Not some toff that has lost a horse and found a moped.

3 hours ago, jm51 said:

Buy the boots that are best for riding a road motorcycle.

The coolest looking bikers look like...bikers. Not some toff that has lost a horse and found a moped.

I've bought boots now. They have no laces or difficult buckles, unlike those despatch rider boots I used to have, which were diffficult to do up.

swiss_democracy_for_all
15 hours ago, MrPin said:

I've bought boots now. They have no laces or difficult buckles, unlike those despatch rider boots I used to have, which were diffficult to do up.

????

Image result for thigh high boots

On 01/09/2019 at 01:57, Carl Fimble said:

no  good for metal detecting. 

On 01/11/2019 at 10:35, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

????

Image result for thigh high boots

Indeed, I believe there is a company called something like kinky boots which makes.... gentlemen’s sizes.

That’d be ‘different’ , give you something to talk about over tea and a bacon sarnie with the other bikers at the cafe?

Archived