DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

5 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

The Big Short's Michael Burry and his Gamestop plan is in this article from Sep 2019.

Though he is supposedly against what's happening now

not sure about that.  

He might be SAYING he is against it, whilst raising a glass every time a hedge fund manager loses a billion dollars.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Democorruptcy
1 minute ago, wherebee said:

not sure about that.  

He might be SAYING he is against it, whilst raising a glass every time a hedge fund manager loses a billion dollars.

He might be fuming he sold too early?

Talking Monkey
21 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Well it looks like they're going to make a concerted effort against silver next. The reddit generals are marshaling the troops as we speak. 

This will be different gravy though. The CIA will start suiciding them before they let them get away with this. 

Still, I have to salute them for having the balls, audacity and stupidity to think they can pull it off. 

I love their audacity, really cheered me up seeing the action today. The faces on some of those hedgefund guys must have been summat to see 

What's going to be worth you lot logging on for is to see what happens at the opening bell in NY your early afternoon.

Looks like the Melvin hedge fund has a lot of shorts coming due on friday.  That means if they are going to survive, they have to get in there and buy as much Gamestop stock as they can as soon as the market opens.  It's going to be carnage.

Unfortunately it's going to be past midnight my time, so I'll miss it.  Make sure you post the funniest bits here, please.

Oh, and if you can't afford to sit on the sidelines for a few months, maybe you can use the UK trading morning to take some money off the table (not investment advice, etc etc).  Shit like this means that we are drifting into the arena of the unwell

Talking Monkey
4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

What's going to be worth you lot logging on for is to see what happens at the opening bell in NY your early afternoon.

Looks like the Melvin hedge fund has a lot of shorts coming due on friday.  That means if they are going to survive, they have to get in there and buy as much Gamestop stock as they can as soon as the market opens.  It's going to be carnage.

Unfortunately it's going to be past midnight my time, so I'll miss it.  Make sure you post the funniest bits here, please.

Oh, and if you can't afford to sit on the sidelines for a few months, maybe you can use the UK trading morning to take some money off the table (not investment advice, etc etc).  Shit like this means that we are drifting into the arena of the unwell

I'm going to start drinking from the NY opening bell tmrw and watch what unfolds. 

Bricks & Mortar
4 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

They're getting reddit to close the forums, they're closing the broker access. 

We truly are ruled by scum

Can't vouch for the following.  Lotta comments though.

1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Its gone 

Incredible example of how the wests claim to be a democracy and free society are just as false as Soviet era USSRs claims to be representing the people.

It's another one to explain to people how the game is rigged and a reset is needed to clear out the corruption.

In what free market would competitors help each other out from going under (such as the hedge funds paying each others debts, which is what happened this week).

The Big Short explained it very well how the ratings agencies, regulators, and wall street firms all covered for each other.  This is another example.

Fascinating times.  Historic.

Re silver, I still follow Bix Weir. He thinks the Redditors should be careful what they wish for - they wouldn't be up against a hedge fund, they'd be fighting the unlimited printing of the whole machine. In the unlikely event they did succeed, they could take out JP Morgan and other too-big-to-fail banks.

But he isn't exactly ruling out TPTB letting it happen either :ph34r:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xJ5HXIRiKc

(Disclosure: Bix doesn't get his next tarot-card reading from Jenny Moonstone until tomorrow)

25 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

Im going to buy a single Gamestop share just to keep on the pressure. I dont mind if I lose the money

Not advice but if you also buy a handful of the others at the same time (blackberry, Nokia etc) you might not lose it all.

GME is in tptb’s crosshairs now but the redditors will move to the next, then the next and so on, fascinating watching!

The regulators are officially monitoring now, whatever that means. I don’t think they’ll be so stupid as to suspend GME for a week, they would be delaying the inevitable, besides as above the buyers will double down on the next in line....

8 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

Not advice but if you also buy a handful of the others at the same time (blackberry, Nokia etc) you might not lose it all.

GME is in tptb’s crosshairs now but the redditors will move to the next, then the next and so on, fascinating watching!

The regulators are officially monitoring now, whatever that means. I don’t think they’ll be so stupid as to suspend GME for a week, they would be delaying the inevitable, besides as above the buyers will double down on the next in line....

I predict they will halt trading in the affected stock for long enough for momentum to be broken.  Crowds dissipate rapidly once energy is lost.

They'll probably also have a quiet word with robinhood.  Plenty of games you can play to slow things down (for example, new account approvals slowed, trades requiring an additional warning screen, funds having to be cleared for 3 days extra, etc etc).

Fascinating though.  There will be a lot more of this sort of financial flashmob now it's been shown to work once.

Well, reporting from Australia, the ASX down across the board as end of day approaches.  My entire portfolio is a sea of red.  

NY opening is going to be incredible.  Will it be 1929 panick time?  Or will there be a rush to buy the dip?

6 hours ago, RJT1979 said:

1.7m top

My portfolio is 2.9% off its all time high with a couple of ex divis as well.If hes down over 10% he must be invested in just a couple of stocks,or sectors.Plus its not really for this thread.This thread is about a macro road map not what price BP is tomorrow at 10.30am.Im very happy if we see some pull backs,i have a lot of divi cash flowing in to pick things up with and still cash to allocate.If you dads pension is 4x the market moves on the downside i cant imagine what hes invested in.

What are everyone’s thoughts on adding to their silver stash here? It feels like if it was going to drop following the election it would have by now. Ignoring the reddit noise, does this feel like a firm base to build from as a long term hold? I have some physical but am interested to accumulate some in an etf for liquidity/practicality.

48 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

What are everyone’s thoughts on adding to their silver stash here? It feels like if it was going to drop following the election it would have by now. Ignoring the reddit noise, does this feel like a firm base to build from as a long term hold? I have some physical but am interested to accumulate some in an etf for liquidity/practicality.

If silver spikes in line with the WSB plan and you later need to use silver as money for "reasons", a Britannia is going to be about as useful as a £500 note. Fine for bribing a guard, not so useful for buying fuel for the improvised flamethrower.

Can't recommend these highly enough:

image.png.ef245b0023f296ba86f0dbfe0facd827.png

No, I'm not on commission.

15 minutes ago, jamtomorrow said:

If silver spikes in line with the WSB plan and you later need to use silver as money for "reasons", a Britannia is going to be about as useful as a £500 note. Fine for bribing a guard, not so useful for buying fuel for the improvised flamethrower.

Can't recommend these highly enough:

image.png.ef245b0023f296ba86f0dbfe0facd827.png

No, I'm not on commission.

Or just go Victorian and use pre-1920 currency all the way to down to a threepence weighing 1.4g B|

Archived