DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

3 hours ago, harp said:

Bitcoin 😳

Seems like Tesla bought $1.5 billion worth today according to zerohedge  🤔

With cash or borrowed cash 

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Vendetta said:

I am averaged into BP at 252p. I’ll be holding throughout this decade for dividends and capital gain.

I am averaged into RDSB at 1013p. I’ll be holding throughout this decade for dividends and capital gain.

I plan on increasing my holding at 225p and sub 1000p respectively if I ever see them at those prices again.

I am hoping for a further ‘crash’ and market sell off after April to take these to new lows. 

Bollocks -  BP up 4% today. 

Not good. 

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

With cash or borrowed cash 

With shareholders cash who buy the expanding share base the company keeps gushing out,they are the corporate version of the Fed.

6 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

With shareholders cash who buy the expanding share base the company keeps gushing out,they are the corporate version of the Fed.

And yet the retards continue to lap it up.

Yadda yadda yadda
22 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Elon goes brrrrrr

Until he doesn't. I think he can go brrrrr longer than I can stay rational.

44 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

If I was cynical (and I am...) I would suggest Felon was sent out to try and run some interference on Silver.  The Banks have kept it cheap enough that the locusts are hoovering up hundreds (in some cases thousands) of physical ounces, and since there is under 1/2 ounce of silver bullion per person that exist in the world right now it is only going to end one way.

Bitcoin will have value until people find out the encryption can be cracked, and I'm betting that someone has a quantum computer they are keeping quiet about right now that will do the job.

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

To what tune are they diluting the share base? 

26 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Oxy up past it's June highs with a nice 10% move, hopefully @sancho panza is getting some of his money back.

We want all this stuff to keep falling..... 

Why the 10% move in this? 

3ADBC1C4-94CC-40A7-8E54-B2C325D71274.jpeg

Just watching the news. Talking about a NE and Tees valley free port bringing more 30,000 jobs and £3bn a year to the local economy. 

On a similar note I got this posted through the door the other day.....

I think this ‘industrial boom renaissance’ is what @DurhamBornhas been going on about for the last year or two. Am I right @DurhamBorn?

E3417748-7D4B-433C-A36E-9E6A04212003.jpeg

1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

Just watching the news. Talking about a NE and Tees valley free port bringing more 30,000 jobs and £3bn a year to the local economy. 

On a similar note I got this posted through the door the other day.....

I think this ‘industrial boom renaissance’ is what @DurhamBornhas been going on about for the last year or two. Am I right @DurhamBorn?

E3417748-7D4B-433C-A36E-9E6A04212003.jpeg

3A53AA05-7A67-4CFD-BC85-60B95C5EE787.jpeg

33E7E243-88C0-4637-B0D9-6EB8937D19F5.jpeg

ThoughtCriminal
1 minute ago, Cattle Prod said:

Telsa and BTC are looking like they could do BK on their own, and leave the rest of us alone. There'll shortly be 2 trillion dollars in those two just waiting to get blown up.

Agree completely. 

I keep looking at everything and it just looks like a powder keg in search of a spark to me. 

Democorruptcy
On 23/01/2021 at 16:04, Castlevania said:

It doesn’t make sense to ship stuff from France to Ireland and then to the U.K. Unless it was much cheaper.

A bit on the local news again about ferry business being down at Holyhead. It seems like the drop in business is more to do with goods heading to Ireland from Europe via the UK, not goods heading to the UK.

A month into new trading rules with the European Union, freight using Fishguard and Holyhead is "dramatically down".

Rosslare's January traffic to the UK was down 49% on January 2019.

However, its European freight was up 446% as that route allows them stay in the EU and avoid customs documentation.

Traditionally, lorries from Europe with goods for Irish customers have taken a short ferry route into the south east of England, driven across the UK and taken another short ferry to Ireland.

Holyhead, Fishguard and Pembroke Dock have all benefited from this traffic.

But since 1 January, lorry drivers taking that route have to go through two sets of border checks in and out of the UK.

By using the longer and more expensive sea route, lorries remain in the EU and do not have to go through customs.

Demand is so high ferry companies have increased sailings and routes - 18 months ago there were three sailings a week between Rosslare and France and Spain, now there are 15.

Mr Carr said it is not so much the hauliers who are individually deciding the routes they take, but industries who want security of their supplies.

"We're seeing a lot of Amazon stuff now coming directly [to Ireland] from Belgium using Dunkirk and straight into Ireland," he added.

"We are seeing 22 trucks a day alone coming in from Amazon on that route, which we would never have seen in Rosslare."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55954524

Yadda yadda yadda

If I was investing in Tesla I'd see this as a bad sign. One and a half billion could build factories, purchase supply chain assets (HZM :)) or be otherwise invested in growth. Instead it is being ploughed into what is essentially speculation. Can't the visionary Elon see any hope for faster automotive growth? No R&D?

I like his space investments. These are arguably good for mankind. Tesla has pushed electric vehicles forward. There will be increasing competition and they're all going to be spending billions. That lead could be pissed away.

14 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Telsa and BTC are looking like they could do BK on their own, and leave the rest of us alone. There'll shortly be 2 trillion dollars in those two just waiting to get blown up.

BTC does seem overbought, if such a term exists.  I've been waiting for a correction!

4 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

If I was investing in Tesla I'd see this as a bad sign. One and a half billion could build factories, purchase supply chain assets (HZM :)) or be otherwise invested in growth. Instead it is being ploughed into what is essentially speculation. Can't the visionary Elon see any hope for faster automotive growth? No R&D?

I like his space investments. These are arguably good for mankind. Tesla has pushed electric vehicles forward. There will be increasing competition and they're all going to be spending billions. That lead could be pissed away.

More money in BTC than those cars!

4 minutes ago, Harley said:

BTC does seem overbought, if such a term exists.  I've been waiting for a correction!

BTC was down (corrected) about 25% around the 27th January from its ATH. 

Sick of waiting for good prices in value plays and hearing again this is an activist (trader) market versus passive (plus some saying this is a risky period) so moved from nibbles to full on trader mode.  Sticking to weeklies for now as too old and busy for anything faster.  Nice to be back!  Hope to scoop up some more value plays in the process.  Will run down my old FTSE income portfolio as prices improve and retain the real value plays.  Interactive Brokers are a trader's dream for prices and functionality.

PS:. Actual bagged a few PM miners out of quite a few candidates so will be interesting to see any sustainable trend (PM miner ETFs up today).

5 minutes ago, Errol said:

Elon also looking to buy gold as well. Not mentioned so much because everyone got blinded by the Bitcoin. The below is from the SEC filings:

great to know, cheers 

Archived