DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noallegiance

Just checked my SIPP after today's happenings, just for reference.

Happy to see that a sell-off has seen my pot go up a bit.

The Titanic is turning.

The Fed thinks it is being very clever. Really, they are caught in a trap and there is no way out.

However, this is their thinking currently:

21 minutes ago, Loki said:

Beat me to it

Wowing them with her "I'M FAT AND I HAVE A VAGINA" comedy routine

I'm never apologising for a slightly off-topic comment about DIY car maintenance ever again.

3 minutes ago, Errol said:

The Fed thinks it is being very clever. Really, they are caught in a trap and there is no way out.

YELLOWSTAIN :D

sleepwello'nights
On 28/02/2021 at 15:44, Hancock said:

I know you'd think it was tropical down south the way they go on. 

Well it is much closer to the equator down south. ;)

1 minute ago, Noallegiance said:

Just checked my SIPP after today's happenings, just for reference.

Happy to see that a sell-off has seen my pot go up a bit.

The Titanic is turning.

Exactly,my portfolio hit a record today,really really pleased how things have gone for people on here.A few mistakes along the way,but a lot of work from people has really shown through.I think we are all very well positioned for more gains,but we have work to do yet.Im really pleased @Cattle Prod was able to add his huge knowledge as my roadmap was screaming to go really heavy on oilies/gas and it helped to confirm that.

Aim of the thread was to help share knowledge so ordinary people could protect and grow their saved labour.I think so far we can easily say that it has been a huge success,and after all this time still a welcoming place for anyone,young or old,a few quid,or the end of a saving life.Experienced or not.Lots to navigate ,but im confident we are in the right areas.

5 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Exactly,my portfolio hit a record today,really really pleased how things have gone for people on here.A few mistakes along the way,but a lot of work from people has really shown through.I think we are all very well positioned for more gains,but we have work to do yet.Im really pleased @Cattle Prod was able to add his huge knowledge as my roadmap was screaming to go really heavy on oilies/gas and it helped to confirm that.

Aim of the thread was to help share knowledge so ordinary people could protect and grow their saved labour.I think so far we can easily say that it has been a huge success,and after all this time still a welcoming place for anyone,young or old,a few quid,or the end of a saving life.Experienced or not.Lots to navigate ,but im confident we are in the right areas.

If I was only allowed to visit one thread on the internet it would be this.:Beer:

Although I might have some apologising to do @AWW:D

1547227494242.jpg

14 minutes ago, Errol said:

What they are aiming for and will get is to pump liquidity through the government so they can have a fiscal reflation.Their aim is to increase the value of real assets by a magnitude while debt remains fixed.Then the tax base increases by a similar amount because its based on the asset base.Real assets will leverage it of course.

They will force the  short end of the curve back down here to 1.3%.They want low returns to force movement of liquidity and velocity,they will QE the difference.They want M1 into M3 and will get it.Real assets just starting a decade long bull market,with of course violent pullbacks.

3 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

What they are aiming for and will get is to pump liquidity through the government so they can have a fiscal reflation.Their aim is to increase the value of real assets by a magnitude while debt remains fixed.Then the tax base increases by a similar amount because its based on the asset base.Real assets will leverage it of course.

They will force the  short end of the curve back down here to 1.3%.They want low returns to force movement of liquidity and velocity,they will QE the difference.They want M1 into M3 and will get it.Real assets just starting a decade long bull market,with of course violent pullbacks.

I understood every word of that and I owe it all to this thread.  Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

@Castlevania tonight all the acts sing songs from years past,and a lot of them have guests,usually stars from years gone by.Its called covers night.

freaks night, surely?  I've going to listen whilst working now.  Can't face watching any more mutants.

Castlevania
12 minutes ago, wherebee said:

freaks night, surely?  I've going to listen whilst working now.  Can't face watching any more mutants.

Looks like it

9F1DC3CE-8FAC-4987-B771-76A098672AE2.png

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

Well having come to this as a complete novice and only one year in to being a SIPP owner I had a happy realisation tonight. That being that I was looking at my data wrongly.

The quoted %age increase on my account was 9.47% tonight. I suddenly thought to myself that can't be right.

Lo and behold in a few milliseconds I thought about reinvested divis and profits to calculate that I'm actually about 26% up since October (when all my pension transfers we're finally complete).

Going to bed a happy guy.

Viva l'inflation!

7 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

Well having come to this as a complete novice and only one year in to being a SIPP owner I had a happy realisation tonight. That being that I was looking at my data wrongly.

The quoted %age increase on my account was 9.47% tonight. I suddenly thought to myself that can't be right.

Lo and behold in a few milliseconds I thought about reinvested divis and profits to calculate that I'm actually about 26% up since October (when all my pension transfers we're finally complete).

Going to bed a happy guy.

Viva l'inflation!

That’s some big gains! Well done! Great to see so many people on this thread have made such big paper profits. You thinking of ‘going to cash’ for a while to lock in the gains? 
How long can this bull market continue? You buying much in the near future? If so what? 

ThoughtCriminal
32 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

That’s some big gains! Well done! Great to see so many people on this thread have made such big paper profits. You thinking of ‘going to cash’ for a while to lock in the gains? 
How long can this bull market continue? You buying much in the near future? If so what? 

Well you and me are entering a Suicide Short pact, because of someone on here doesn't short the shit out of this market soon then the honour of the Dosbods will be lost forever 😂

Lightscribe

All these 1%+ drops, over inflation fears has the kindling of the BK IMO.

The market hasn’t experienced an inflationary environment for 40 years, a lot of traders/investors wouldn’t have been born.

The market volatility seems to be a sign that’s it’s unsure how to handle both QE and the prospect of inflation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/03/05/markets-live-latest-coronavirus-news-pound-euro-ftse-100/

1 hour ago, Vendetta said:

I could sell all my XOM for a nice double digit profit.  But..... 

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, Vendetta said:

I'm expecting intervention soon to stop the bond and stock slide and put a rocket ship under the melt up. I'll ride that for a little while and then start to syphon off some profits.

How long to ride the melt up will be the thing.

Dunno! When I start getting nervous I'll start going to cash! Which, given my disposition, will be earlier than most!

Archived