DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

10 hours ago, Harley said:

I strive for faith and grace.  I've never knowingly screwed over anyone and I was very pleased I didn't that time I faced the very real possibility of death.  It taught me what hell could look like at a fortunately young age.  We're all held to account in the end, brutally and with no duff, to ourselves.

1 Corinthians 13:11

spacer.png

Could not rep this post high enough.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I bought some Britannias in March from Coininvest. The invoice included the following line As per "HMRC Notice 701/21A  - Investment Gold Coins - January 2009" all gold coins and bullion are VAT exempted - except 20 EURO Ireland 2008 Skellig Michael.  This delivery is free of VAT according to Art. 146 of EU directive 2006/112/EG.

The order was delivered by UPS and i haven't been charged anything other than the amount shown on the invoice. Definitely no VAT paid to UK or German authorities.

Gold Britannias? If so then that is definitely the case as gold is VAT free. 

It is the silver that I am having trouble getting hold of VAT free. Might have to plan a trip to Ireland! If anyone has any experience of this then please share. 

11 hours ago, Harley said:

I strive for faith and grace.  I've never knowingly screwed over anyone and I was very pleased I didn't that time I faced the very real possibility of death.  It taught me what hell could look like at a fortunately young age.  We're all held to account in the end, brutally and with no duff, to ourselves.

1 Corinthians 13:11

spacer.png

IM awaiting on a video that i will post on here, predominantly about Andrew Bailey when at the FCA, along with RBS and the Treasury are involved.

In essence they conspired to bankrupt business in the same way Lloyds did, so they could them pick up the assets for next to nothing.

From the sounds of it the only difference with Lloyds scam is the FCA and the Treasury were involved .... oh and the many suicides it caused.

Edit - Ive found this one, however the video i was told about is over 3 hour

Bobthebuilder
1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

Il grab myself a few more,iv done a grand job on the pointing,but have some ridge tiles to take off and re-mortar,im a bit iffy about going up that high,but nows the time to do it with zero wind.

Be careful doing that. Don't need you falling off a roof any time soon.

1 minute ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Be careful doing that. Don't need you falling off a roof any time soon.

Iv been taking myself away from it all a bit and doing jobs that need doing and just enjoying seeing my family etc.Im very worried about where we are heading for my families future.Mostly what is happening is exactly what we road mapped a good few years ago,so everyone on this thread should be in clover so far.What worries me though Bob is that things move quicker than i can macro and cross market.This thread is incredible,and im so thankful that every single person who adds and spends time here has kept the thread an open place for everyone.Every single person who joins in,reads etc have contributed in a fantastic ways.Iv always been driven be sharing opinion with fellow people and learning from each other.My friend told me long ago that if you stop listening your fucked.Its funny,but when i look at things i see work iv done that is probably better than most working in multi national banks etc,yet i was trained by better than any of them have now.The irony is i came from the poorest town you can imagine and the poverty i saw shaped me in so many ways.Sometimes i question myself along the lines of if understanding the way the CBs control things if i should somehow of pushed myself to pursue a political career and try to change things,but it always seemed way too big.My dad did stand against Blair though for MP in Sedgfield.Utter legend my dad.

Iv been a bit back off from the tread lately in anything meaningful and havent added anything much of worth.Luckily this thread is full of quality people though who bring things and keep it going.

You know at 18 i went for a job with RBS and i did all their tests.They sacked me off,mainly because i went to a terrible comp in the poorest part of England .I told them in interview they were going bankrupt and their models didnt work out,and they did,go bankrupt..Luckily a year later i applied for Glaxo and came 2nd out of 6000 in their tests.The only score higher became their CFO.Thats where i met the best macro strategist of the last 50 years from Fidelity.Hunter was on the team but an apprentice to him.Fidelty had just taken over Glaxos pension assets in the US.By the way it pains me to see the fucking shit managers at Glaxo since.Its an amazing company ran by accountants for 20 years.I took a payoff because i had cancer and wanted the moneyinstead of nothing in case i died for my kids.I told my dad i heard a Thrush singing when i was in hospital and i hadnt heard one for years.He said this to me "youve heard a thrush many a day,you just stopped listening you silly cunt and its about time you started listening again"

Damn right,when you stop listening your out of the game.

I was telling my partner at the weekend how everything is getting a worry.She just laughed.

My partner had a shit of a husband.Beat the crap out of her.When i met her she warned me off.She said her ex sorted anyone she met etc and she didnt want me to suffer that.I went in his local and put him over the bar the next day,told his drinking buddies if they even looked they would go the journey as well,what she didnt know and they did know were some of my friends from my younger years ran the area.

She has family in Bridlington and we have many a good weekend down there.Her cousin wouldnt go in a certain pub,too rough,but my partner just says oh it will be fine and winks at me.She knows fine well if anyone touched her id put them through the window and the worrying thing is id actually enjoy it.

13 years old i was sat on my back step watching the starlings go in their nests in the outside toilets in the back alley.I heard the works buzzer go as normal,but the difference was  this day,blokes built like brick shithouses and as hard as nails were crying as they walked up the back alleys.They were crying because they had shit the shops,3000 men on the dole,and they couldnt take a wage home to their wives.

I wish i could take the system down.I cant.All we can do is try yo keep in front of the bastards and keep our families freedoms.

Dollar is going to 87,dont sell Bp without a 4 in front of it.

Sorry for rambling,but i love you all 

5 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

You know at 18 i went for a job with RBS and i did all their tests.They sacked me off,mainly because i went to a terrible comp in the poorest part of England .I told them in interview they were going bankrupt and their models didnt work out,and they did,go bankrupt.

In 2008/9 I had an argument with my Barclays business bank manager in a meeting, he said they "didn't need my money" which was why they wouldn't pay much interest. (I can't remember the specifics but I think we used a money market account at the time and their deposit account was 0% interest).

HSBC were keen to have us as a customer so I moved to them.

Part of the conversation I told them they were going to lose a lot of money and he retorted with "we had a conference call yesterday and were told that Barclays had capped their losses at £50m". I laughed out loud and told him that was a load of rubbish and it was probably 10 times that.

I think it was only about 1 month later that everything blew up.

16 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Luckily iv got a lifetimes supply already.

You've gone long buckets?  Thinking about the DH interview, I'm buying made stuff like service parts to not only avoid inflation but also supply issues (imports).  In deflation/insolvency prices may fall but only for those more mundane items and I would expect continued supply shortages.  Should be fire sales then but who knows what for.

Lightscribe
9 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

One of my great interests is the American Civil War.I think mainly because it think it was a war of ideas and way of life rather than taking others resources.The great lesson of that was the fact there needed to be a Great Compromise and that was well understood until the last 15 years.The fact that the left have now moved past that,and seem to think that compromise isnt needed is the great risk of our time.As men we love life and dont give it away easily.I dont fancy a bayonet in my belly and id like to die old in my bed.However those things fall by the wayside when my history,self and cultural memory is threatened.When i see the left and the state slowly encroaching on my children and grandchildren then my ferocity would know no bounds.We are British,Roman,Pict,Scot,Viking,Saxon and Celt,the most violent,nasty races ever to walk this earth bred together and mixed in DNA.

Someone attacked my daughter once in an Asda car park over a simple parking spot and she had to ring me she was so scared locked in her car.I pulled his 16 stone through his 4x4 window and was about to pull out and eat his eyeballs until my daughter stopped me.That is the sort of thing us western men are capable of at any moment.

I think civil war is still unlikely,but its much more probable than any time since the late 1800s

Must be you norther types DB.
Down here around London the hipsters have evolved into a different genetic breed.
If provoked about politics, they may resort to angrily using passive-aggressive non-pronouns and vigorously shaking their sustainably sourced gluten-free vegan artisan sough dough sandwich at you, whilst simultaneously being in danger of spilling their skinny soy latte over any bystanders wildly gesturing to prove any uneducated opinion wrong.

7 minutes ago, Harley said:

You've gone long buckets?  Thinking about the DH interview, I'm buying made stuff like service parts to not only avoid inflation but also supply issues (imports).  In deflation/insolvency prices may fall but only for those more mundane items and I would expect continued supply shortages.  Should be fire sales then but who knows what for.

Yup i put a big order in for filters and fluids

Noallegiance
6 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Iv been taking myself away from it all a bit and doing jobs that need doing and just enjoying seeing my family etc.Im very worried about where we are heading for my families future.Mostly what is happening is exactly what we road mapped a good few years ago,so everyone on this thread should be in clover so far.What worries me though Bob is that things move quicker than i can macro and cross market.This thread is incredible,and im so thankful that every single person who adds and spends time here has kept the thread an open place for everyone.Every single person who joins in,reads etc have contributed in a fantastic ways.Iv always been driven be sharing opinion with fellow people and learning from each other.My friend told me long ago that if you stop listening your fucked.Its funny,but when i look at things i see work iv done that is probably better than most working in multi national banks etc,yet i was trained by better than any of them have now.The irony is i came from the poorest town you can imagine and the poverty i saw shaped me in so many ways.Sometimes i question myself along the lines of if understanding the way the CBs control things if i should somehow of pushed myself to pursue a political career and try to change things,but it always seemed way too big.My dad did stand against Blair though for MP in Sedgfield.Utter legend my dad.

Iv been a bit back off from the tread lately in anything meaningful and havent added anything much of worth.Luckily this thread is full of quality people though who bring things and keep it going.

You know at 18 i went for a job with RBS and i did all their tests.They sacked me off,mainly because i went to a terrible comp in the poorest part of England .I told them in interview they were going bankrupt and their models didnt work out,and they did,go bankrupt..Luckily a year later i applied for Glaxo and came 2nd out of 6000 in their tests.The only score higher became their CFO.Thats where i met the best macro strategist of the last 50 years from Fidelity.Hunter was on the team but an apprentice to him.Fidelty had just taken over Glaxos pension assets in the US.By the way it pains me to see the fucking shit managers at Glaxo since.Its an amazing company ran by accountants for 20 years.I took a payoff because i had cancer and wanted the moneyinstead of nothing in case i died for my kids.I told my dad i heard a Thrush singing when i was in hospital and i hadnt heard one for years.He said this to me "youve heard a thrush many a day,you just stopped listening you silly cunt and its about time you started listening again"

I was telling my partner at the weekend how everything is getting a worry.She just laughed.

My partner had a shit of a husband.Beat the crap out of her.When i met her she warned me off.She said her ex sorted anyone she met etc and she didnt want me to suffer that.I went in his local and put him over the bar the next day,told his drinking buddies if they even looked they would go the journey as well,what she didnt know and they did know were some of my friends from my younger years ran the area.

She has family in Bridlington and we have many a good weekend down there.Her cousin wouldnt go in a certain pub,too rough,but my partner just says oh it will be fine and winks at me.She knows fine well if anyone touched her id put them through the window and the worrying thing is id actually enjoy it.

13 years old i was sat on my back step watching the starlings go in their nests in the outside toilets in the back alley.I heard the works buzzer go as normal,but the difference was  this day,blokes built like brick shithouses and as hard as nails were crying as they walked up the back alleys.They were crying because they had shit the shops,3000 men on the dole,and they couldnt take a wage home to their wives.

I wish i could take the system down.I cant.All we can do is try yo keep in front of the bastards and keep our families freedoms.

You, sir, are quite the individual.

Emotional reading that.

Bricormortis

One of my great interests is the American Civil War.I think mainly because it think it was a war of ideas and way of life rather than taking others resources.The great lesson of that was the fact there needed to be a Great Compromise and that was well understood until the last 15 years.The fact that the left have now moved past that,and seem to think that compromise isnt needed is the great risk of our time.As men we love life and dont give it away easily.I dont fancy a bayonet in my belly and id like to die old in my bed.However those things fall by the wayside when my history,self and cultural memory is threatened.When i see the left and the state slowly encroaching on my children and grandchildren then my ferocity would know no bounds.We are British,Roman,Pict,Scot,Viking,Saxon and Celt,the most violent,nasty races ever to walk this earth bred together and mixed in DNA.

Someone attacked my daughter once in an Asda car park over a simple parking spot and she had to ring me she was so scared locked in her car.I pulled his 16 stone through his 4x4 window and was about to pull out and eat his eyeballs until my daughter stopped me.That is the sort of thing us western men are capable of at any moment.

I think civil war is still unlikely,but its much more probable than any time since the late 1800s

I read "Battle cry of Freedom " a comprehensive history of the American Civil War. Can recommend that for any one interested. What startled me was the scope of the ambition of the Confederacy, to have a world dominating slave based economy extending from America to the tip of Southern America. Iirc they installed a regime in Honduras and sent a mercenary force to invade Cuba unsucessfully 3 times. Dinn't get further than that ( except maybe Nicaragua or Panama)

11 hours ago, Loki said:

@planit FWIW and with no disrespect to David at all, I wouldn't be surprised if we blow through those timelines.  Even he said a few months either side would be a good call (I agree) and with that in mind, his timing tends to be late.

I struggle with the DXY call and its timeline.  Although the technicals don't rule it out, that woukd take quite a shock.  Momentum is currently oversold and may be turning up, although some rare times it heads even lower.

10 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

Its been a lot quieter since the Shops reopened but it usually quietens down from now until September.

The local Amazon man in a van told me he had fewer parcels.

We are British,Roman,Pict,Scot,Viking,Saxon and Celt,the most violent,nasty races ever to walk this earth bred together and mixed in DNA.

Very true.  Some great books on the Brits and they often mention how the Empire kept the peace at home as we had an outlet for our aggression.  There are psychos everywhere, but this is something different and more British.  At least it was - so they seem to think - but beware anyone who prods a deferential Brit too hard or too often.  It's our ying and yang.

9 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I bought some Britannias in March from Coininvest. The invoice included the following line As per "HMRC Notice 701/21A  - Investment Gold Coins - January 2009" all gold coins and bullion are VAT exempted - except 20 EURO Ireland 2008 Skellig Michael.  This delivery is free of VAT according to Art. 146 of EU directive 2006/112/EG.

The order was delivered by UPS and i haven't been charged anything other than the amount shown on the invoice. Definitely no VAT paid to UK or German authorities.

Last month?  Was that gold or silver Britannias?  And you could still get them!  I would like some silver ones but the premiums are crazy, although those in the trade say not to worry in the long term.  Maybe I'll get gold ones instead but a bit pricey for one (that'll be a big shop!) and the smaller denominations get expensive too in total.

6 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

My dad did stand against Blair though for MP in Sedgfield.Utter legend my dad

OMG, not.......!  10000000000000000000000.......% Respect.

Castlevania
1 hour ago, Lightscribe said:

Must be you norther types DB.
Down here around London the hipsters have evolved into a different genetic breed.
If provoked about politics, they may resort to angrily using passive-aggressive non-pronouns and vigorously shaking their sustainably sourced gluten-free vegan artisan sough dough sandwich at you, whilst simultaneously being in danger of spilling their skinny soy latte over any bystanders wildly gesturing to prove any uneducated opinion wrong.

They also have beards and drink craft beer that tastes of filth at £6 a pint

7 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

..I took a payoff because i had cancer and wanted the money instead of nothing in case i died for my kids.I told my dad i heard a Thrush singing when i was in hospital and i hadnt heard one for years.He said this to me "youve heard a thrush many a day,you just stopped listening you silly cunt and its about time you started listening again"

Your dad knows lol. My partner just had a cancer diagnosis but luckily looks v treatable. I had visions of raising our 5 yr old alone and it’s such a dark place I empathise with anyone who has been in a similar place. The world looks skewed when it’s been turned upside down.

Luckily I’ve always been at listener and hope it keeps me rich 😊

8 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Lovely.

Sounds like me when I've been outside working.  Gives you time to think and for the mind to wander and reflect.  And to appreciate and savour having the time.  It's so precious.  Just be careful, lots of farmers spend time alone in their tractors and they have one of the highest suicide rates.  There's a guy down the road dying.  So full of grace.  We started off on the wrong foot but his grace brought me round.  It turned out he wasn't evil or gullible, just decent.  My life was richer for him and there will be a void.  I just want to tell him I love him.  I searched but could find no other word.

Yes things are moving fast and this is what I've been going on about.  I've not done well financially out of this thread (my shortcomings) but it offers a bigger prize (or curse!) in seeing the bigger picture.  The real test is to use it, to not fall over the next few hurdles.  There's always another fecking hill after the last one!  Some give up while others redefine and are made stronger. 

We all need two plans - on system and off system.  This is the time to think out of the box, but not to go off on one.  This is the moment for the free thinkers, the moment this thread has really been building to.  And there will be more.  I've been in many scrapes, the best advice I had was to hug myself and then move on.

I notice reading this thread and elsewhere that there is pain in adhering to the system.  We may have to live with it in some part but we don't have to let it define us, our character, our values, our destiny, our worth.  From that shite in the office to all those jailkeepers out there, they only matter when referenced against the system.  I'm not rich but I am happy and I've told those who love me that I can die tomorrow a happy man. 

It's just a pint.  Half full or half empty.  It's still just a fecking pint.

sleepwello'nights
54 minutes ago, Harley said:

Last month?  Was that gold or silver Britannias?  And you could still get them!  I would like some silver ones but the premiums are crazy, although those in the trade say not to worry in the long term.  Maybe I'll get gold ones instead but a bit pricey for one (that'll be a big shop!) and the smaller denominations get expensive too in total.

That's odd I thought I posted a reply to @Siggy last night confirming it was Silver Britannias. I couldn't have pressed the submit button.

It was definitely silver Britannias. There sitting in the tube on my desk as I type. 

Whether Coininvest/Silver-to-go made a mistake I haven't paid VAT on them.

43 minutes ago, Viceroy said:

I empathise with anyone who has been in a similar place.

Yep, been there.  Had to wait the weekend for the results to essentially know if it was life or death.  Spent our weekend wondering if the last few months would be spent apologising for the past.  Fortunately not.  But lesson learnt.  Out of the pain came an amazing strength of character and all turned out well in the end and has been so for years.

PS:  People simply can't spend enough time feeling each others naughty bits!

24 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

That's odd I thought I posted a reply to @Siggy last night confirming it was Silver Britannias. I couldn't have pressed the submit button.

It was definitely silver Britannias. There sitting in the tube on my desk as I type. 

Maybe, I was catching up.  I tend to work in batch mode these days!   There's so much confusion I might just buy some and see!  I'll certainly read that HRMC notice. 

I've been looking at buying more physical these last few days and probably will but have also wondered if that's it.  I'm not sure how good (good yes, but how good) they'll be and started thinking of other things that might be of value at the micro (community) level.  Like I'll lend w my x or do y in return for z.  So I'm thinking of w, x, y and z's atm! 

27 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Same thing happened to a mate of mine. I told him to put it down to luck and not to count on it happening again

desertorchid
1 hour ago, Viceroy said:

Your dad knows lol. My partner just had a cancer diagnosis but luckily looks v treatable. I had visions of raising our 5 yr old alone and it’s such a dark place I empathise with anyone who has been in a similar place. The world looks skewed when it’s been turned upside down.

Luckily I’ve always been at listener and hope it keeps me rich 😊

Good luck with that mate. Similar here when my kid was 5. Wife had diagnosis , 3-4 months chemo/radiation etc. Scary as fuck for a dumbnut like me who couldn't look after a goldfish properly let alone raise a kid alone. All good now though (5 years later)

DB, they say the pen is mightier than the sword, so your mention of maybe missed opportunity for making change by going into politics is perhaps not the right way of thinking about these things. Moreover, today the YouTuber is even mightier than the printed page.

And anyway, even if you do speak the language and ideas of the majority, and can articulate them powerfully, its still difficult/impossibe to break through. For example i think this guy is brilliant - however i have never seen him on any MSM... he is ex-labour member, former alternative comedian, so doesn't fit any boxes... i wonder if he will get a slot on the upcoming new GBNews channel!?! (i dought it, but the day he did, we would know real change was coming)... 

Pat Condell - YouTube

Btw, i like truthful commentators of all kinds, e.g. from the younger age bracket and hailing from the US, i like the YouTuber Lex Fridman. His style is certainly peculiar, but i enjoy the trend of amateur/unpolished, but crucially - very thoughtful people entering the space - it gives me hope for the future.

Archived