DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

Regarding the tokenisation of stocks (and other assets such as real estate), Binance is now offering 'stock tokens' for COIN, TSLA, MSTR, MSFT AND AAPL.  Interesting times continue.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tingles said:

Regarding the tokenisation of stocks (and other assets such as real estate), Binance is now offering 'stock tokens' for COIN, TSLA, MSTR, MSFT AND AAPL.  Interesting times continue.

Anyone else feel they just can't keep up with this coin stuff now? 

10 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

My Dad asked me about dogecoin earlier

16 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Think less 'coin stuff' and more how blockchain, smart contract and tokenisation technologies will affect participation, purchase/sell and storage in financial markets.  Maybe also consider how these technologies may relate to future wealth preservation and growth.

Just now, Tingles said:

Think less 'coin stuff' and more how blockchain, smart contract and tokenisation technologies will affect participation, purchase/sell and storage in financial markets.  Maybe also consider how these technologies may relate to future wealth preservation and growth.

I think I'm just nostalgic for the early days, not been the same since that ETH came along for me.

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, 23rdian said:

I think I'm just nostalgic for the early days, not been the same since that ETH came along for me.

People will be nostalgic for a lot more going forwards. This is a one way train and people will start to realise we’re not in Kansas anymore.

Lightscribe

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/04/economy/manufacturing-jobs-economy/index.html

People have realised how much they can get on welfare/stimulus and the Emperor’s new clothes have been exposed.  

How many factories/businesses will be able to afford the the increase in the cost of labour? Some will be able to pass it on to the consumer, many (like in the service industry) will go under combined with the post pandemic losses. 

Lightscribe
8 hours ago, Loki said:

Hunter is a savage, I just spat Peroni everywhere xDxDxDxD

https://news.bitcoin.com/70b-meme-coin-dogecoin-skyrockets-half-dollar-doge-eats-into-btc-dominance/

I’m wondering if David Hunter has missed the mark on the melt up.

The SP500 not liking the Yellens interest rate comments yesterday. As more weight confirms direction to interest rate hikes going into next year, maybe this is the SP500 top?

With the likes of DOGE now at a higher market cap than Santander and Nintendo, crypto has seen the melt up from retail investors instead....

F566C766-1849-44D8-822E-C229CC80F6E4.jpeg

70% of Doge is owned by 69 addresses.   It was created as a joke.

These 69 individuals will dump the coin and thousands of new investors will get seriously burnt.

It will give regulators the excuse they need to impose draconian regulation on the industry....a reason for a massive confrontation between banks, Govts and crypto.

Musk is irresponsible tweeting this shit. 

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, Lightscribe said:

https://news.bitcoin.com/70b-meme-coin-dogecoin-skyrockets-half-dollar-doge-eats-into-btc-dominance/

I’m wondering if David Hunter has missed the mark on the melt up.

The SP500 not liking the Yellens interest rate comments yesterday. As more weight confirms direction to interest rate hikes going into next year, maybe this is the SP500 top?

With the likes of DOGE now at a higher market cap than Santander and Nintendo, crypto has seen the melt up from retail investors instead....

F566C766-1849-44D8-822E-C229CC80F6E4.jpeg

As I'm getting older, the feeling I have is that the boat being missed is the old head who has seen multiple technologies arrive that are 'game-changers' that old people 'don't get'.

Until the endless belt of electronic nothingness is proven to better than everything that's gone before through multiple economic environments, I'm sticking with the people who've seen it all before.

I can't shake the feeling that the crowd ushering in marvelous new tech are cheering the demise of financial freedom. The people who were on charge 300 years ago areal still in charge and even harder to remove than ever. That's not an accident.

Lightscribe
7 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

These 69 individuals will dump the coin and thousands of new investors will get seriously burnt.

It will give regulators the excuse they need to impose draconian regulation on the industry....a reason for a massive confrontation between banks, Govts and crypto.

Yes I’m fully aware. With one massive wallet doing tiny transactions recently in line with Musks date of birth...

Exactly that. DOGE is the ‘fall guy’ crypto and has been ‘allowed’ to get to these ridiculous levels. Regulation can be brought in to ‘save’ investors from themselves and the stability of smaller world currencies.

Crypto will see a massive crash with the stock market in the BK. But it’s what comes out the other side that matters. Crypto technology and the framework is integral to the 4th industrial revolution. The ‘approved’ and regulated will be allowed to survive, hence the ISO 20022 compliance. Cough *LINK* cough

Lightscribe
11 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

It's already melted up, Hunter is just saying he thinks there is more to go. He called one of the greatest one year stock market rallies of all time from March last year, I believe alone. He's already revised his target up a number of times, his 3500 and 4000 targets have been passed and we are within a few % of his 4500 call. Incredible. And he did this on a macro roadmap. 

I agree a stupid amount of money has gone into crypto, but who is to say that won't burst first, with the money running into stocks, gold etc?

I suspect Musk is one we will find was swimming naked when the tide goes out, though I hope SpaceX survives.

Yes no doubt about all of that. What I was referring to however was the ‘final’ melt up that signals the BK event afterwards. To me it feels as though the top is in.

1CB68525-1C64-45B6-B0AC-0853120DD5F1.jpeg

leonardratso

that doge meme looks very fat to me, wonder if the real dog its based on is that fat.

Still i dont mind taking their dorrars.

Lightscribe
17 minutes ago, Loki said:

Fair play to those with more balls than me. xD

I think there lies the danger. It was ‘free’ money so may as well let it ride. A bit like with GME, the new generation of retail investors haven’t learnt to know when to hold them, when to fold them, when to walk away and know when to run (thanks Kenny).

All that matters is ‘making it’ $1m+. YOLO, diamond hands etc etc minimum wage jobs won’t cut the mustard anymore... until the real hardship starts that is.

DurhamBorn
13 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

I think there lies the danger. It was ‘free’ money so may as well let it ride. A bit like with GME, the new generation of retail investors haven’t learnt to know when to hold them, when to fold them, when to walk away and know when to run (thanks Kenny).

All that matters is ‘making it’ $1m+. YOLO, diamond hands etc etc minimum wage jobs won’t cut the mustard anymore... until the real hardship starts that is.

Thats always the end of dis-inflation,younger people see assets that take 30 years to afford on the wages and try to get rich quick.Of course a few do,but most lose the capital they do have and have no capital then or credit to buy real assets when they are cheap.

Western governments are locked with huge structural deficits to fund mostly people to sit around.Its going to be very different once inflation runs and CBs slowly pullback.

VeryMeanReversion
17 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

...younger people see assets that take 30 years to afford on the wages and try to get rich quick.Of course a few do,but most lose the capital they do have and have no capital then or credit to buy real assets when they are cheap.

I see more and more parallels to the pre-1929 crash.  Margin debt, get-rich-quick schemes and detachment from fundamentals.   The profit was made by those that sold before the top and those that picked up commission on transactions.

My SIPP has gone up by more than two months of net wages this morning.  Mad.  Just waiting for some sell-limit orders to trigger, now less than 5% to go on most.

goldbug9999
12 hours ago, Tingles said:

Wow that gutsy of them  - offering proxies for US registered securities, they must be pretty confident they can fend of any US law enforcement action.

goldbug9999
3 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

I'm sticking with the people who've seen it all before.

Noone has seen trustless systems (the essence of crypto) before so noone knows what the impact will be.  

goldbug9999
4 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

The SP500 not liking the Yellens interest rate comments yesterday.

IRs are not going up, shes just doing a "carney" (anyone remember the so-called forward guidance ?).

Lightscribe
36 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Noone has seen trustless systems (the essence of crypto) before so noone knows what the impact will be.  

Exactly this. No one alive has seen such a transition in the financial system. Some people thought the internet was a fad, we’re are literally at the dot.com v2.0. That’s how big the changes coming are, the AOLs, Netscape Navigators and Lycos etc will fall by the wayside but the Apple, Amazon’s, Microsoft and Google’s will survive.

moneyscam
4 hours ago, Wahoo said:

I feel the same way. I don't see them as a proper currency but do see them as a temporary store of value. Temporary being the operative word here. There is a current window of opportunity to make some quick money but eventually the monopoly central bank issuers of fiat will shut the entire space down in practical terms by making it illegal for banks and businesses to provide fungibility and deeming crypto as a device for money laundering, tax evasion, drug dealing and terrorist financing.

They will of course eventually provide their own digitial 'coin' for the plebs to use, fully trackable and traceable.

The thing I find ironic with some 'crypto tards' is that essentially crypto coins are a derivative of fiat.

leonardratso

exactly, the only way to measure their value is in good old fiat (gbp/usd etc). And the only real goal as far as i can see is to sell out and convert back to the fiat with a nice fat gain(or maybe loss). Still, i dont mind taking their dorrars.

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Thats always the end of dis-inflation,younger people see assets that take 30 years to afford on the wages and try to get rich quick.Of course a few do,but most lose the capital they do have and have no capital then or credit to buy real assets when they are cheap.

Western governments are locked with huge structural deficits to fund mostly people to sit around.Its going to be very different once inflation runs and CBs slowly pullback.

This.

Archived