DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Guys, to the Covid forums please! @spunko Don't often think we need moderation around here, but some corralling of the cattle could be required...

I'll just put them all on ignore.  One day I'm going to log into the most perfect of echo chambers!

ThoughtCriminal

To avoid thread derailment ill say my piece and leave it at that.

You're the only fucking prick on this entire forum. 

You come on waffling about vaccines when you clearly know less than fuck all about covid and even think masks work which is empirically shown to be utterly false. 

Some of the most vaccinated countries are now seeing more infections in vaccinated than unvaccinated, iceland being the latest. 

Theres a reason third "booster" jabs are now being worked on. 

Lots of people disagree on this forum, every day. Its always done respectfully except for you trying to be a clever bastard. It would almost be forgivable if you were well versed on the topic but you haven't got a fucking clue. 

You're the same kind of shithead that was screaming Sweden was going to be a morgue last year and now has fuck all to say given their excess death and economic performance.

If you want to piss your pants over a virus with a fatality rate in the same region as flu (as was predicted back in February 2020) then be my guest. 

I speak to people on here as if we were sat face to face, you should give it a try. I don't address any of your posts duento past episodes of snide, dont address any of mine. 

Apologies to other forum users. I'll now assume a period of silence so there can be more light and less heat, as it should be. 

20 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Guys, to the Covid forums please! @spunko Don't often think we need moderation around here, but some corralling of the cattle could be required...

See my last post. I concur. 

14 minutes ago, Harley said:

I'll just put them all on ignore.  One day I'm going to log into the most perfect of echo chambers!

chambers......chambers............ambers..............................bers.................................ers    :D

ThoughtCriminal
16 minutes ago, Harley said:

Apologies Harley, but he speaks to people with zero manners. 

sleepwello'nights

Anyway back on thread, where are we with the road map. Gold and Silver are dropping in price and thankfully my index linked Gilts are now at their highest levels, well they were yesterday. Even higher than when I sold some. 

Come on chaps, let's take the fruity covid chat to the higher floors of the Dosbods Arms. This, after all, is the basement where we discuss all manner of shady financial goings on.

Bobthebuilder
10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Come on chaps, let's take the fruity covid chat to the higher floors of the Dosbods Arms. This, after all, is the basement where we discuss all manner of shady financial goings on.

And pizza.

1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Apologies Harley, but he speaks to people with zero manners. 

I love you all.  And without any judgement other than a smile, it was a fine rant! :)

sleepwello'nights
6 minutes ago, Harley said:

Psst, you wanna bit of ultimate macro....!

I've always found the analysis from financial analysts and commentators the most prescient. Almost as if they know that money is the best tool to use for psychoanalysis. Money gives such a good insight into a persons personality and behaviour.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

chambers......chambers............ambers..............................bers.................................ers    :D

I've always liked my own company!

1 hour ago, Cattle Prod said:

How do you do that?

I could tell you but you'll feel dirty afterwards! :)

1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Anyway back on thread, where are we with the road map. Gold and Silver are dropping in price and thankfully my index linked Gilts are now at their highest levels, well they were yesterday. Even higher than when I sold some. 

Gold has recently had a fake bottom (oo er!) but we could be getting ready for another possible turn.  Silver is just rummaging around like some kid in a basement spending too much time on the net, or big players getting positions sorted!

23 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I've always found the analysis from financial analysts and commentators the most prescient. Almost as if they know that money is the best tool to use for psychoanalysis. Money gives such a good insight into a persons personality and behaviour.

100%.  That's what makes this all so fascinating as, in the end, it was never about the money per se.  As economics was never really about economies per se.  To think I was feeling so uncomfortable in the run up to covid, turning to Locke and the rest and questioning things like "value".  And here we are, in the eye of the storm.  Oh well, at least hopefully that "something in me waters" was that and not me prostrate!

3 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

To avoid thread derailment ill say my piece and leave it at that.

You're the only fucking prick on this entire forum. 

You come on waffling about vaccines when you clearly know less than fuck all about covid and even think masks work which is empirically shown to be utterly false. 

Some of the most vaccinated countries are now seeing more infections in vaccinated than unvaccinated, iceland being the latest. 

Theres a reason third "booster" jabs are now being worked on. 

Lots of people disagree on this forum, every day. Its always done respectfully except for you trying to be a clever bastard. It would almost be forgivable if you were well versed on the topic but you haven't got a fucking clue. 

You're the same kind of shithead that was screaming Sweden was going to be a morgue last year and now has fuck all to say given their excess death and economic performance.

If you want to piss your pants over a virus with a fatality rate in the same region as flu (as was predicted back in February 2020) then be my guest. 

I speak to people on here as if we were sat face to face, you should give it a try. I don't address any of your posts duento past episodes of snide, dont address any of mine. 

Apologies to other forum users. I'll now assume a period of silence so there can be more light and less heat, as it should be. 

See my last post. I concur. 

Blimey, that wasn't a piece, that was the whole bloody cake! :-)

6 hours ago, dnb24 said:

Have you read the study? It’s from a cohort of participants mainly between  January 2020-Feb 2020- 97% of participants who said they had covid during that time didn’t actually have any test to prove it- so to draw conclusions from this is extremely difficult. In my mind this is a bollox study like so many during this last 18month- but that could be because I’ve had covid and lost 25% of my previously already below average iq.

I must admit that I hadn't read it until just now. What it actually says, in the first few paragraphs (under "Method"), is this:

The data analysed here includes responses from January until December 2020

The direct link to the study is here in case anyone else wants to check for themselves:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(21)00324-2/fulltext

Did the fact that the graph in the initial couple of tweets references people who were hospitalised not give you a clue that the data was unlikely to just be from January and February, given that, AFAIK, nobody was hospitalised in the UK with covid at that point?

A bit further down, you can see that 81,000 people completed the questionaire after May 2020, when it was extended to inquire about their covid status.

I'm not going to go so far as to accuse you of deliberately spreading misinformation here but come on, it took me less than 10 minutes to skim the first few paragraphs and extract this pertinent information. It appears that four other people liked your post without bothering to check for themselves either.

7 hours ago, Loki said:

Apparently you're so smart you missed the entire sub-forum, I can't be bothered shitting up this thread with the same boring arguments.

So that's why you quoted a post that I had written to someone else and directly replied to me then, yeah?

3 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

my index linked Gilts are now at their highest levels

You going to make on them?  When did you buy?  I assumed I had left it too late maybe as much as a year ago as they had a negative yield to redemption.  Have I fecked up? 

sleepwello'nights
Just now, Harley said:

You going to make on them?  When did you buy?  I assumed I had left it too late maybe as much as a year ago as they had a negative yield to redemption.  Have I fecked up? 

I bought them through a Vanguard fund. £180 ish in 2017, current value £230. Capital appreciation only as there is no yield from them. I sold some in January at just over £220. The low of the year so far was £200 at end of Feb.

Overall I'm content with performance, better than leaving in a bank deposit account. 

3 minutes ago, Rave said:

from January and February, given that, AFAIK, nobody was hospitalised in the UK with covid at that point?

I’m going respond just this once to reply- apologies guys- but this needs putting to bed- misinformation is a strong trigger word for me.

yes people were hospitalised in January and February- we had our first in the hospital around the 10th January- the bbc reported the first official patient from 23/1/21.

Let’s start from the top- this isn’t a lancet paper- it’s from e clinical medicine- on the lancet editorial group- not the Lancet.

It’s a cohort of people who self reported whether they had covid- 97% had no identifiable test (let’s take the pcr positive/negative- cycle threshold out of it).

It is incapable of showing any discernible differences in the cohort of people. It is cross sectional and not longitudinal with covariant structures so variable that statistical adjustment was not even attempted to “control” for premedical history (they used a Bartlett because they couldn’t use any other statistical test).

The cross sectional design won’t allow for inference of cause, and there’s significant limitation of heterogeneity. 
It’s tosh.

There may be a cognitive link to sars cov 2, in fact I would say there must be especially in those with long covid- just like other post viral syndromes- but this study is just tosh.

leonardratso

fookin hell i only made £1 on my rooney pap pics, what a waste of frigging time setting all that shit up was.

Turns out its not worth blackmailing a shaved ape. Never mind, a quids a quid eh.

18 minutes ago, dnb24 said:

I’m going respond just this once to reply- apologies guys- but this needs putting to bed- misinformation is a strong trigger word for me.

OK- which is why I- in an admittedly weaselly gambit- stated that I wasn't going to go so far as to accuse you of it. I was aware that you have some professional interest in the matter from reading your previous posts on this thread, and was therefore surprised at your offhand, and on the face of it inaccurate (given that the date of completion info is easy to find),  dismissal of this study. My effrontery seems to have provoked you to compose this far more detailed rebuttal, which while I admit is not the result I was expecting is still very much welcome- so thanks.

31 minutes ago, dnb24 said:

There may be a cognitive link to sars cov 2, in fact I would say there must be especially in those with long covid- just like other post viral syndromes- but this study is just tosh.

If I was on the fence about having the vaccine, then the chance that catching sars cov 2 could cause me any cognitive impairment whatsoever would be more than enough to persuade me to have it. Unless, I suppose, the spike proteins themselves are found to be responsible irrespective of whether they came from a vaccine or a viral infection. A quick google suggests that vaccines do not seem to have any history of causing post-viral syndrome, but again I would be happy to defer to your expertise on the matter if you have any to provide?

Archived