DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

looks a winner;

image.png.b196be9ac87b55aa732cce5cf4887544.png

min you ive got £300 in UKOG;

this ones definately a winner;

image.png.23a56946ffd1689440e270ee6a6bc6f0.png

Now that looks like a Dead Parrot. 

Then again, maybe it’s Just Resting

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Thorn said:

Now that looks like a Dead Parrot. 

Then again, maybe it’s Just Resting

no they are both definately ex-parrots. But for £300 what chu-gonna-do?  I dont mind a few blind punts, they may come good, they might not, if they stay the same in my timescale then i consider that still a win, the cash is doing shag all in the bank anyway.

14 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

no they are both definately ex-parrots. But for £300 what chu-gonna-do?  I dont mind a few blind punts, they may come good, they might not, if they stay the same in my timescale then i consider that still a win, the cash is doing shag all in the bank anyway.

You’re speaking my language. Got me some of that action just in case. 

Balances up all the sensible-ness

2 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

I ALWAYS keep this in mind when i about to invest in small miners, it was a saying from the great investor...Jim Rogers: "His definition of a gold mine is 'a hole in the ground with a liar standing at the top of the hole!'" :oxD

(C) Mark Twain.

[It probably wasn't even him, but the saying definitely predates Rogers]

4 hours ago, sam1994 said:

Might be best to avoid doing this with a lot of cash or you'll be considered a Closed Investment Company and have to pay higher rate of CT.

Thanks. I'm aware of the implications but we are still fully active in our core business and earning decent sums per annum. I'll be talking to our accountant when the ratios change.

reformed nice guy
3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Thanks. I'm aware of the implications but we are still fully active in our core business and earning decent sums per annum. I'll be talking to our accountant when the ratios change.

Would it not be better to do an employers contribution to your SIPP? Comes straight off the top

4 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

@sancho panza are you short Berkeley? This may be builders holidays, but I've seen the cranes stop moving and abandoned sites before. Any way to probe their liquidity?

Screenshot_20190921-004301_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5e4f0131513222436dfc4297897e874c.jpg

They have cash. Probably couldn’t see a worthwhile return so have abandoned the development for the time being. All the board members seem to have been dumping stock of late mind you.

4 hours ago, Castlevania said:

They have cash. Probably couldn’t see a worthwhile return so have abandoned the development for the time being. All the board members seem to have been dumping stock of late mind you.

Probably waiting for the freebies in Sajid Javid's October budget, SDLT etc.

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/08/1-4bn-westfield-croydon-development-will-little-late/

As I’ve stated on here many times, I’m waiting for the announcement of Westfield to drop out of the £1.4bn project in Croydon.

They were supposed to start building in September this year, and but have delayed and haven’t confirmed a start date.

No doubt this would time nicely with Brexit as a get out of jail free card for an excuse to pull out.

Croydon council have rinsed public funds the last few years. Yes Croydon is good for transport links and they needed to capitalise on this, not build masses of new corporate office space and expensive blocks of ‘luxury’ flats that no one will buy. 

In addition they spent £53 million on the colonnades retail park that has failed since the 90’s due to its location. They now own every retail unit there. 

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/croydon-council-buys-new-mcdonalds-16744304

12 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

This may be builders holidays, but I've seen the cranes stop moving and abandoned sites before.

Same near me small Red way housing estate phase complete and not many sold. Also building an apartment block half built but has not moved since June ish if my observations are correct. Next to peacock Farm pub in Bracknell. 

Meant to be a different post but it's merged them. The latest version of revolut allows you to buy shares similarly to Freetrade. 

Companies listed all seem to be American though. 

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

Same near me small Red way housing estate phase complete and not many sold. Also building an apartment block half built but has not moved since June ish if my observations are correct. Next to peacock Farm pub in Bracknell. 

Meant to be a different post but it's merged them. The latest version of revolut allows you to buy shares similarly to Freetrade. 

Companies listed all seem to be American though. 

There's a place near me where they're selling a 75% completed house (structure done, but no plastering etc).  I've not seen that since just around 2008.

Just had a nosey through the paperless world of my bank and lo and behold

In July, we let you know that we were going to reduce the interest rate on your account. This is to remind you that this change will happen on 13 September 2019 and what your options are...

Cash ISA Current rate 0.35% AER, rate from 13/09/19 0.2% AER.

I regard it as zero anyway as anything less than 1% is splitting fucking hairs.

Analogy:-

Dave, lends us a grand and this time next year I'll give you a grand back and buy you a half of lager in Wetherspoons.

just been talking to neighbour, shes a travel agent, asked her about thomas cook since i thought she worked for them, but turns out she works for a successful independant.

She did say that 3 months ago TC asked for clearance of deposits and principle of people who had booked them through her firm, she did say that she ignored them but some didnt and paid up,  also she said she knew that that meant they had cash flow problems 3 months ago and that come sept (now) it would start to hit the papers. Shes been avoiding them like the plague last 3 months because she knew they were going under, even if they got bailed, it would only be a bridging loan.

Anyway, another anecdotal to add to the pile. To be honest id never bothered with travel agents of any description investment wise or builders for that matter. I suppose its because they are industries i know nothing of and have no interest in either, others i have  a passing knowledge of or a deeper knowledge so feel more comfortable in knowing what they are talking about and hopefully would be able to spot the BS sooner.

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Dave, lends us a grand and this time next year I'll give you a grand back and buy you a half of lager in Wetherspoons.

Sounds like one of my mates xD

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

There are better deals around if you don't mind switching all the time, but you can get 1.2% easy access on a HL Active Savings account. It's not an ISA but at these rates tax wont be an issue!

55 minutes ago, CVG said:

There are better deals around if you don't mind switching all the time, but you can get 1.2% easy access on a HL Active Savings account. It's not an ISA but at these rates tax wont be an issue!

Only got £800 in it, use it so its one less number to shove in the accursed self-assessment tax-return.

9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Only got £800 in it, use it so its one less number to shove in the accursed self-assessment tax-return.

That's no issue unless you earn more interest than the personal savings allowance of £1K. Anything less than £1K (interest - not capital) doesn't have to be reported.

51 minutes ago, CVG said:

That's no issue unless you earn more interest than the personal savings allowance of £1K. Anything less than £1K (interest - not capital) doesn't have to be reported.

Are you suggesting anything above £1k must be reported? Even if your total income is below the 20% tax threshold?

5 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Just had a nosey through the paperless world of my bank and lo and behold

In July, we let you know that we were going to reduce the interest rate on your account. This is to remind you that this change will happen on 13 September 2019 and what your options are...

I regard it as zero anyway as anything less than 1% is splitting fucking hairs.

Analogy:-

But in the mean time if `market conditions` change and you don't move to another provider we may even water the beer down! :-)

7 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Are you suggesting anything above £1k must be reported? Even if your total income is below the 20% tax threshold?

Nope. You wouldn't have to proactively report that (well I wouldn't - for my wife in that situation). I only really meant to refer to what had to be included on a self-assessment return.

Archived