DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

reformed nice guy
2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Frugal can mean living much better.I bought the pizza oven below after an Italian friend told me about them.Saved a fortune since.Makes incredible pizza in 4 minutes.00 pasta flour from Sainsbury £1.10 will get you 5 pizzas,tomato puree from Lidl 33p mixed with water and oregano,grated cheese (never pre-grated as its mostly potato starch) and toppings i get in the reduced counter and freeze from cooked chicken ,ham,salami etc.I often make them to use up the last bits of a cooked chicken strip the underneath,legs etc.Usually works out about £1 a pizza and top quality.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/251558202672?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=251558202672&targetid=595627790153&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1006526&poi=&campaignid=6619151969&mkgroupid=84510980848&rlsatarget=aud-629407025185:pla-595627790153&abcId=1140496&merchantid=7286014&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6eTtBRDdARIsANZWjYZhBJD3QQj3PQRpOw-7bvxSumuOdJrM6EZe_TIeF4PlCrawpdejICAaAvwiEALw_wcB

After the recommendations from this thread, I bought one of these and found the same.

Its also fun to make the pizzas and lets everyone get exactly what they want - more cheese, less cheese, more sauce, bbq instead of tomato etc. The choices are endless.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Frugal can mean living much better.I bought the pizza oven below after an Italian friend told me about them.Saved a fortune since.Makes incredible pizza in 4 minutes.00 pasta flour from Sainsbury £1.10 will get you 5 pizzas,tomato puree from Lidl 33p mixed with water and oregano,grated cheese (never pre-grated as its mostly potato starch) and toppings i get in the reduced counter and freeze from cooked chicken ,ham,salami etc.I often make them to use up the last bits of a cooked chicken strip the underneath,legs etc.Usually works out about £1 a pizza and top quality.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/251558202672?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=251558202672&targetid=595627790153&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1006526&poi=&campaignid=6619151969&mkgroupid=84510980848&rlsatarget=aud-629407025185:pla-595627790153&abcId=1140496&merchantid=7286014&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6eTtBRDdARIsANZWjYZhBJD3QQj3PQRpOw-7bvxSumuOdJrM6EZe_TIeF4PlCrawpdejICAaAvwiEALw_wcB

And you don't have any of the unhealthy crap (I.e. Di/Triglycerides of fatty acids) in them either.

Great Panther update is a prime example of why shit companies are shit: even in the good times they manage to lose money. 

Nothing as ugly as Guyana's horror report, but they still managed to turn hefty operating profit into a net loss per share. Oh, and they fired their CEO an hour before that. 

Ironically, they could still go up today, there are bits in the report that market might like, but it's really anyone's guess. 

10 hours ago, BearyBear said:

Sibanye Gold +7.26% today, +236% since I bought them.

Palladium Baby!

31 minutes ago, kibuc said:

Great Panther update is a prime example of why shit companies are shit: even in the good times they manage to lose money. 

Nothing as ugly as Guyana's horror report, but they still managed to turn hefty operating profit into a net loss per share. Oh, and they fired their CEO an hour before that. 

Ironically, they could still go up today, there are bits in the report that market might like, but it's really anyone's guess. 

The table format in those results on their own website is abysmal, never mind the results themselves.

9 hours ago, reformed nice guy said:

After the recommendations from this thread, I bought one of these and found the same.

Its also fun to make the pizzas and lets everyone get exactly what they want - more cheese, less cheese, more sauce, bbq instead of tomato etc. The choices are endless.

They really are superb arent they,you can make lots of other things as well,but i need practive,garlic bread etc easy of course about 20p a pop.

9 hours ago, Tdog said:

Get my Caputo 00 flour from this website, buy half a dozen at a time, only £2 per KG.

https://seedsofitaly.com/search.php?search_query=flour

Along with fresh yeast from ebay makes perfect dough.

Thats great info,il order some from there.How much of the live yeast do you use per pizza?,say how much per 200g of flour (i tend to use 200g per pizza)

1 hour ago, kibuc said:

Thanks for the summary, I could only find info on the CEOs departure when I searched last night.  Fingers crossed we see a rise today, my transferred SIPP fund didn't clear with HL until August so I've been sat on the sidelines waiting since then regarding Miners, I bought Great Panther, Alexco, Endeavour, Yamana, Fresnillo, Hochschild, Impact Silver & Horizonte Minerals last Thurs/Fri. :/

8 minutes ago, Ellandback said:

Thanks for the summary, I could only find info on the CEOs departure when I searched last night.  Fingers crossed we see a rise today, my transferred SIPP fund didn't clear with HL until August so I've been sat on the sidelines waiting since then regarding Miners, I bought Great Panther, Alexco, Endeavour, Yamana, Fresnillo, Hochschild, Impact Silver & Horizonte Minerals last Thurs/Fri. :/

The more I read it, the less likely any rise seems to me. The update on geological issues at Tucano are particularly grim, and it's strongly hinted that another round of equity funding is in the offing.

Also, to make it a proper trifecta, Guyana and Great Panther were joined by Pretium who reduced their 2019 guidance by 15% xDxDxD

15% reduction with one quarter to go? Either they are shutting up shop and going on early Christmas holiday mid-November, or there've been production issues for quite some time which somehow didn't get reported.

They're getting hammered in the premarket, -13% and rightly so.

2 hours ago, kibuc said:

Also, to make it a proper trifecta, Guyana and Great Panther were joined by Pretium who reduced their 2019 guidance by 15% xDxDxD

15% reduction with one quarter to go? Either they are shutting up shop and going on early Christmas holiday mid-November, or there've been production issues for quite some time which somehow didn't get reported.

They're getting hammered in the premarket, -13% and rightly so.

-26% premarket now, good Lord!

Well deserved, too. They re-iterated their guidance no further than a month ago, for fucks sake. Borderline criminal behaviour.

16 hours ago, BearyBear said:

Sibanye Gold +7.26% today, +236% since I bought them.

I made the classic beginners mistake of not letting it run and sold it earlier in the month......oh well.......all part of the learning process:S

22 hours ago, sancho panza said:

On another matter,dear old mama P wants to buy some physical gold/silver.

I know we've had discussions on here about VAT/cost/shipping etc.I don't have time to go all teh way through the thread,can anyone tell me-and please don't be afraid to sue laymens terms-how she can get hold of some  without overpaying.

She's set up an account with the royal mint of her own bat,which is unusual for her, so she must be keen.I said I'd ask for the best place for her to go.

Any help gratefully received.

SP, I have used CoinInvest several times, because found their prices to be near lowest or the lowest, and the service is also good. I mostly went for 1oz silver Britannia's, no vat (eu company), no cgt (deemed currency, not investment).  

17 minutes ago, Tdog said:

Im also a beginner, hence why i'm just buying dips and sitting on them for the long term.

Fucked if i know when the best time to sell and then to rebuy is ... (excluding in hindsight).

I've got about 30k invested and 30k sat on the sidelines + 12.5k more to be added in cash over the coming 12 months, which i intend to do for another 10 years, then retire fully at 55. (only work circa 50 days a year now)

Got batch of FRES at 620 for my SIPP and the kids Junior ISA a few weeks back. Im a believer of Durhams logic that its all going to crash, at which point 20k of that plus 4k in my kids junior ISA can go into gold and silver miners.

Thought of gifting her a chunk of money aged 18 to get her off my payroll is a wonderful thing.

You did well at that price for FRES.  I bought back in March and so am "underwater" with it at present.  I'm also trying to buy on dips although when I started in about Feb I just wanted to get started so bought a few things to see how it all works. 

From what I can see so far the miners maybe do a spike for a capital gain whereas the more steady/bigger companies just go up and down around a smaller bandwidth so I'm holding these for the long-term and collecting the divis. Of course there are exceptions eg CNA:S which has not been kind so far.  I also agree with DBs thesis that in the long run we will see a bust and reflation and need to be in the right stocks to take advantage of this.

22 hours ago, sancho panza said:

On another matter,dear old mama P wants to buy some physical gold/silver.

I know we've had discussions on here about VAT/cost/shipping etc.I don't have time to go all teh way through the thread,can anyone tell me-and please don't be afraid to sue laymens terms-how she can get hold of some  without overpaying.

She's set up an account with the royal mint of her own bat,which is unusual for her, so she must be keen.I said I'd ask for the best place for her to go.

Any help gratefully received.

Another vote for coin invest/silver to go, SP. Have bought gold from Hatton Garden Metals in the past and would recommend. Bought my very first pet rock from Chards.

I would expect RM to be more expensive - brand awareness/trust giving them the ability to set a higher price I guess.

22 hours ago, Ellandback said:

I can recommend 'GoldSilver.Be'.  I've just had some Silver Britannias (minted 2019) delivered today, 30 coins cost 538 Euro plus 29 Euro delivery to the UK. They were significantly cheaper than CoinInvest when I was looking around a few days ago.  Just remember to pay in Euro using TransferWise.

https://goldsilver.be/en/1-oz-30-gr/1558-1-oz-silver-britannia-2020.html?search_query=britannia&results=73

Ellandback, thanks for recommendation... GoldSilver.Be are lot cheaper at moment than CoinInvest, £1.75p per Britannia cheaper in fact which is mad! I don't remember seeing anything like this disparity before when I've checked in the past.

Do you have to pay in euros to get round having to pay the vat at GoldSilver.Be?  Or can you also just pay in £'s? 

1 hour ago, janch said:

I made the classic beginners mistake of not letting it run and sold it earlier in the month......oh well.......all part of the learning process:S

Imagine how I feel, having sold out at $4.00 in the spring (albeit at a 55% profit)...

18 hours ago, kibuc said:

Guyana Goldfields reported Q3 production and financials a few minutes ago. I only got to the "$1882 AISC" part and stopped reading, I might continue tomorrow but I think I already know all I need. It sucks to be right sometimes. 

Great Panther should report in the next half an hour or so. 

Also, Wesdome provided an absolutely stunning Eagle River exploration update yesterday and is flying today, +10% and touching all time highs. Q3 financials still to come next week. Yum yum. 

Kibuc, did you write - perhaps some time back maybe - that you owned 'Impact Silver' (cve:ipt)? Unfortunately (for me!), its price appears to have now turned, so I might be too late in asking you about this silver miner. Unless you consider it has buy-and-hold potential - as I am actually looking in particular for 'reasonably priced' silver miners to hold for 5-10 years. These are getting fewer and fewer to find so any that have caught your eye as being 'potentials' and that you wouldn't mind sharing would be greatly appreciated.   

6 hours ago, Tdog said:

Im still at experimental stage but i used 25g for 1kg as per the recipe below for the first batch, and was very good. But you can freeze the yeast.

https://www.walksofitaly.com/blog/food-and-wine/italian-pizza-dough-recipe

That flour is definitely worth buying its the real deal and usually costs much more .. also recommend the Pizza Express passata that they sell in Tesco for £1, i freeze that also as usually only cook for 2. Its exactly the same as they sell in their restaurants.

For my kids packed lunch i just grate some cheddar on top of the dough, she loves it.

Do you do anything with the passata or just straight onto the pizza?.Im going to avail myself of some of that flour,already ordered the yeast.Cracking food you can make and none of those billions nasties in frozen pizza.

4 minutes ago, JMD said:

Kibuc, did you write - perhaps some time back maybe - that you owned 'Impact Silver' (cve:ipt)? Unfortunately (for me!), its price appears to have now turned, so I might be too late in asking you about this silver miner. Unless you consider it has buy-and-hold potential - as I am actually looking in particular for 'reasonably priced' silver miners to hold for 5-10 years. These are getting fewer and fewer to find so any that have caught your eye as being 'potentials' and that you wouldn't mind sharing would be greatly appreciated.   

Yes I did, and I still own a solid amount. I went through a similar excersise selling my Great Panther holding - looking for a junior silver miner that actually mines silver as its dominant metal and isn't a steaming pile of shit. Have to say picking are very, very slim. I own Alexco (top quality team), Endeavour (jury still out) and Impact (perpared to be royally fucked on Q3 report, insider selling in that period doesn't exactly fill me with confidence). Briefly looked into the likes of Fortuna Silver and Santacruz, hard pass. First Majestic offers decent leverage but it seems a bit expensive and the management has shaky record... then again, I was saying the same thing about Sibanye at $2.75 so what do I know.

Democorruptcy
19 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

£95 for summat fa kitchen, ee by gum tha must be made a brass.

I could buy 50+ Aldi pizzas for that.

Archived