DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

I’m getting twitchy fingers and considering repositioning one of my PM miners (currently a bit down, not much though) into something that might benefit more from a gold/silver bull. I don’t even care if it’s a good company. I want full on rubber band but I find the silver market so... sparse. I’d say ‘hit me up’ but it definitely might be taken as trading advice :D

I really need to learn to form my own Coma scores, which I am trying to do but it’s slow progress.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DOW and the DAX certainly couldn't give a shit about coronavirus and supply chains at the mo.....

Must admit it's got me confused xD

Remember what Livermore said “MARKETS ARE NEVER WRONG – OPINIONS OFTEN ARE”

15 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Leverage to silver portfolio, constructed the following of things with coma scale scores over 16 to give us leverage to the underlying.Lots of risk but potentialy lots of reward too.

image.png.5e0a0b8e300b9fc1040829b7127fada8.png

SP, that's an interesting list as I'm actively looking to reconfigure my PM miners to being all long-term holds. I bought some like Hecla/Couer that i'm now not happy to hold long-term; i.e. high extraction costs/debt, etc., so will sell these after their price rises.

I wonder have you any other Silvies that you don't currently own on a watchlist maybe, but ones that have a similarly high scs score? Or Gold miners in general even - I think you were planning on putting your scs scores onto computer, not sure if you have now done this?  

SP500 ATH (got stopped out), we should all have bought Tesla a few months back, +10% today... :)

Meanwhile Dave Hunter is receiving more and more harassing tweets as his predictions have failed to materialise...

16 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Leverage to silver portfolio,constructed the following of things with coma scale scores voer 16 to give us leverage to the underlying.Lots of risk but potentialy lots of reward too.Have you followed the ramp up today K? Intereating to see who's out performing.Some of the ugly cousins like Hecla.

Piles of shit like Great Panther will fly in the silver bull, until they won't. That's the perennial problem with crap companies - they are crap. If they are (often mistakenly) seen as silver miners AND they look cheap on the chart, they might ride the wave of euphoria and be biggest winners, but you never know whether they won't drop some hidden turd on you, like operating without proper licence, community issues, resources being fraudulently made up, sudden round of financing to pay off their friends and families etc. That's adding another layer of risk (and reward) on top of what is already a wild tiger ride where the tiger is on fire. And you're on fire. And everything is on fire. That's what I like (and should probably avoid), but it's important to recognize what you're getting into.

Anyway, portfolio going up 8% yesterday definitely brought a smile to my face. I might even get into green one day :P

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-37909182

But at least Kelly is claiming her benefits.

It's estimated by the JSNA that between 11,500 and 16,300 people in Middlesbrough are not claiming benefits they are entitled to - which it says works out at between £17m and £28m that could contribute to the local economy.

5 years limits need applying to natives too.

Sorry I don't want to derail the thread but  just to say that right there is why I am following this thread and aiming to keep my hard earned wealth out of bank/government hands and pay as little tax as possible. Yes, clearly we need more people on benefits because it contributes to the economy. F@&king BBC ! 

6 minutes ago, BearyBear said:

SP500 ATH (got stopped out), we should all have bought Tesla a few months back, +10% today... :)

Meanwhile Dave Hunter is receiving more and more harassing tweets as his predictions have failed to materialise...

Better than Tesla shoulda just kept buying Stock indices since 2009..........the financial crisis in 2008 was the best thing EVER for the money men!!!!

this chart is telling, notice the dip at the end of 2018? that was the wankers throwing a tantrum and Powell doing a uturn :S

Don't see why this monster can't hit 30,000 even 40,000 with all the money printing that has now been promised.......let's face it the fuckers don't give a shit about the plebs or the eCONomy :ph34r:

us30weekly.png

reformed nice guy
7 hours ago, TheNickos said:

Anyone using iweb ? tempted to try it as it is the cheapest in fee terms but a little bit no frills compared to something like ii.

I use it primarily for funds as they are free to hold. I would certainly recommend them for that. It isnt the most intuitive of systems but it works for me. I think they now charge a one time set up fee, but they used to be free to open an account which made it an even better option. 

3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Iv hand made maps for all the main towns around me where i can park for free.Its getting harder,but iv never paid in over a decade.Darlington i park outside the Mosque ,you can get a cresent moon decal on Ebay for £2.50 does the trick.Durham is getting tricky because the council are building a new headquarters on the floodplain where there was free parking.Now i park for free at the Oriental Museum or the Oriental University and put a few Oriental Studies books i picked up on Ebay on the passenger seat.There are also a lot of one car slots where you can park,but the council are slowly putting lines on them,or people build on them etc.

Multiculturalism is a beautiful thing!

1 hour ago, Talking Monkey said:

Hi DB could you elaborate on this bit if you have a few minutes

Most of the drive trains and key early components in truck and car manufacture come from Sweden.Those supply chains order those components as they get orders,and so are a few months ahead of the actual manufacturing numbers.A truck maker can produce say 800 trucks a month the same as last month,but forward orders are only 720.Sweden picks that up first.

3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Iv hand made maps for all the main towns around me where i can park for free.Its getting harder,but iv never paid in over a decade.Darlington i park outside the Mosque ,you can get a cresent moon decal on Ebay for £2.50 does the trick.Durham is getting tricky because the council are building a new headquarters on the floodplain where there was free parking.Now i park for free at the Oriental Museum or the Oriental University and put a few Oriental Studies books i picked up on Ebay on the passenger seat.There are also a lot of one car slots where you can park,but the council are slowly putting lines on them,or people build on them etc.

🤣 Love it and good thinking, just can imagine I would start being accosted by the local Inman or sheparded into worship.

9 hours ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

Them that enjoyed Harleys "introduction to charts", (that includes me), might want to check out this new Youtube channel.
I guess she's a bit 'marmite', so maybe not for everyone.  The first video is just 'welcome to my new youtube channel'.  The second is how she's traded and used charts on gold & silver over the last year.
I was thinking I could learn something, and do prefer to get on at the start of a youtube channel.

...and that was the only reason was it?! :-) :-) :-)

8 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

On the BTL front the immigration news today on the new system has in the small print "no access to means tested benefits until settled status",settled status is after 5 years.So no tax credits,no Universal Credit,no Housing Benefit.That will hammer BTL over the mid term.

Im not 100% but i think that means they cant claim for children,unless maybe if the child is born here.Have to dig deeper into that,but its a massive change.

And if they (govt) had the sense to do it five years ago we wouldn't have had to go through the whole Brexit fiasco of the last three years!

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, JMD said:

Not at all... more please...

True story.

When I was about 10 I was very fat and had an appetite. On a school camping trip in the big food tent they gave us porridge for breakfast. Without knowing anything about Oliver I did exactly that. Took me ages to realise why the teacher shouted "What!! You want more?" at me. I did get some morexD

Someone mentioned silver miners not doing that well. First Majestic just seems to be sliding down today. I bought a few, may buy more

Bricks & Mortar
5 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Someone mentioned silver miners not doing that well. First Majestic just seems to be sliding down today. I bought a few, may buy more

Yeah, that was a shocker.  I knew they had results out.  I checked the news this morning.  Found the following.  So went off to work expecting all to be hunky-dory.
Down 7% when I checked earlier.  Coulda sold them for 100% gain a few months ago, and back to 65 now.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-02-19/First-Majestic-reports-record-silver-equivalent-production-in-2019.html

17 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

Yeah, that was a shocker.  I knew they had results out.  I checked the news this morning.  Found the following.  So went off to work expecting all to be hunky-dory.
Down 7% when I checked earlier.  Coulda sold them for 100% gain a few months ago, and back to 65 now.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-02-19/First-Majestic-reports-record-silver-equivalent-production-in-2019.html

Nothing wrong with AG earnings, but their market cap was always high:

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
7 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

^^Love this!:D

DB, I have to get into the Metal Detecting game, as can't keep paying the weekly £7.50 for fish&chips here in the cotswolds!

With all the talk about hydrogen did a search and an interesting article from investors chronicle came up, Some of their tips did very well one hydrogen company did over 500% in 1 year!

HOWEVER you have to subscribe, well bugger 'em, ...i ain't paying :Old: used to read this back in the day for FREE in the library!

anyway think i found a way to read it for FREE!!! (it worked in firefox)

STEP 1/ Google "investorschronicle.co.uk hydrogen"

STEP 2/ click the end of link arrow and it will say: Cached

STEP 3/ click Cached

Voila :Jumping:...YOU can read said article for free, this may even work for FT and other news/mags etc... Another GREAT money saving TIP for us tight-wads on this FABULOUS Thread!

image.jpeg.11c13ae7e8a7be8a1c0aef46562f3410.jpeg

9 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

What a sickener that the best you can hope for, is the council to swipe your tax threshold change, that in the budget the  governbankment will tell you it puts more money in your pocket. Now you see it now you don't!

I always avoid putting money in council pension machines in car parks.

Me too, good for you. I would rather park miles away. My family think I’m crazy. Especially my father-in-law, who is still working for himself at 71, too afraid to give up because of his tax bill - the proceeds of which will inevitably go to succour the residents of Gubbercuntsleechville!

Bobthebuilder
55 minutes ago, Agent ZigZag said:

Yamana the old dog has finally come to life

I did quite well out of Yamana, bought in late 2018 sold mid last year. It cant half rocket when gold moves.

5 hours ago, kibuc said:

Piles of shit like Great Panther will fly in the silver bull, until they won't. That's the perennial problem with crap companies - they are crap. If they are (often mistakenly) seen as silver miners AND they look cheap on the chart, they might ride the wave of euphoria and be biggest winners, but you never know whether they won't drop some hidden turd on you, like operating without proper licence, community issues, resources being fraudulently made up, sudden round of financing to pay off their friends and families etc. That's adding another layer of risk (and reward) on top of what is already a wild tiger ride where the tiger is on fire. And you're on fire. And everything is on fire. That's what I like (and should probably avoid), but it's important to recognize what you're getting into.

Anyway, portfolio going up 8% yesterday definitely brought a smile to my face. I might even get into green one day :P

Absolutely K.This is a portfolio I'm planning to jsut put even money small amounts in the crappest companies if gold has run up and silver looking ready to fly.I'd exclude anything over 1bn market cap, and anything going up to and including Sierra metals.I filtered through SILJ and SIL for any dog like companies.If I could afford it-ie if the big goldies throw off some super size profits,then I may run a portfolio of all the dog poo firms in coma scale scores of 13-15.

The plan is then to flog the lot within 6-12 months.

Archived