DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

3 minutes ago, BearyBear said:

I wonder if FED is actually buying shares today...?

Like the japs do didn’t help them much in the long run or am I thinking of the Chinese 

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

A lot of jobs will go for good and others put behind take a local large employer ie Alton towers they would traditionally be recruiting around now ,ok tesco is takeing on 20000 for a few weeks McDonald’s just laid 130,000 off for a few weeks.many of these people are not going to be going nuts with spending I think we can safely say the economy is going to tank 

Merlin Entertainments (Alton Towers, Thorpe Park etc) have put all their permanent staff on zero hour contracts, f***ers

Just now, Barnsey said:

Merlin Entertainments (Alton Towers, Thorpe Park etc) have put all their permanent staff on zero hour contracts, f***ers

What the perminant ones fuck lol

StrugglingMillennial

Well im not surprised but trump is planning on getting people back to work by the 12th of April.

Good for the short term economy but i get the feeling if it goes ahead it will be a disaster.

TheCountOfNowhere
8 minutes ago, StrugglingMillennial said:

Well im not surprised but trump is planning on getting people back to work by the 12th of April.

Good for the short term economy but i get the feeling if it goes ahead it will be a disaster.

The rich must be saved. 

The US is a basket case. The UK isn't far behind 

M S E Refugee

I am so tempted to sell into this rally, it is going to take a superhuman effort for me to sit on my hands and do nothing.

I'm up just under 40% on RDSB.

29 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I am so tempted to sell into this rally, it is going to take a superhuman effort for me to sit on my hands and do nothing.

I'm up just under 40% on RDSB.

I'll probably just sit on mine for several years now until it will hopefully be up 400%

Bricks & Mortar
9 hours ago, StrugglingMillennial said:

I'm thinking there's nothing else for it.  The virus seems extremely contagious.  So much so, that I suspect the end game is herd immunity, through mass infection.   If we all stay in our homes for the next year, we'll just get picked off in clusters by coughing delivery drivers or health professionals.  Instead, I think it'll be shutdown - resume - shutdown - resume, and repeat to herd immunity.

Agent ZigZag
23 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

I'll probably just sit on mine for several years now until it will hopefully be up 400%

Same here and will add more if we have a significant slump later on when the current round of QE runs out. I am hoping for a run up in the market in order that I can top slice and reorganise my stocks that I want to hold for the long term.

Fortuna Silver just cannot catch a break. Shortly after Argentina's closure stopped their work on Lindero project, a highway blockade in Mexico put a stop to any work at their gold-silver mine in Oaxaca. It's a massive blow if the blockade continues, as this mine is their primary money-maker by a wide margin.

Alexco announced a round of financing, hoping to raise $5m. Timing is weird to me, considering that we seem to be on a cusp of a big move up and they've only just got $12m for their environmental branch so shouldn't be desperate for cash. Alexco barely moved in yesterday's rally, an information leak I suppose.

TheCountOfNowhere

Are the BoE buying uop sahres ?

5,583.71 +137.70 (2.53%)

They've handed our around 8 Billion in the last 3 days...coincidence ?

I sold a few bottom ladders today,most of them were up 50% from their lows.My portfolio actually went into profit today and considering id taken a lot last year out of the goldies very pleased about that.Its highly likely things are going to get a lot worse in the US etc for deaths so could be very choppy.

As always  ignoring hyperbole and watching the liquidity was key.Even if things stay stable though the market will likely start getting some shocks from companies going under.The damage to a huge number of companies will be very large indeed.

17 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

The most important thing in the economy is the price of money.Cross market everything else across that and work the leads and lags.

By this do you mean that as the printing presses have been turned on (so inflation will increase) share prices have gone up to reflect this I.e there are now 10% more pounds in circulation so a pound is now worth 10% less, so a share has to go up by 10%?

11 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I sold a few bottom ladders today,most of them were up 50% from their lows.My portfolio actually went into profit today and considering id taken a lot last year out of the goldies very pleased about that.Its highly likely things are going to get a lot worse in the US etc for deaths so could be very choppy.

As always  ignoring hyperbole and watching the liquidity was key.Even if things stay stable though the market will likely start getting some shocks from companies going under.The damage to a huge number of companies will be very large indeed.

Mine did too, but I have only had it for about 2 weeks...important novice lesson of the week?...just because the company declares a dividend you don't have it until its paid...yes GOG I am talking about you! :-)

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, BadAlchemy said:

That's always been my plan.

I said a couple of days back, there's a fortune to be made here for the brave.

There's a fortune to be lost too.

7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Are the BoE buying uop sahres ?

5,583.71 +137.70 (2.53%)

They've handed our around 8 Billion in the last 3 days...coincidence ?

No,they are injecting liquidity into the system by expanding their reserves so they can buy government paper increasing the money supply so the government can stop a young family in Glasgow from starving.Its called their job.The amount of gumph youl be reading on the net about the evil CBs is just that,rubbish.They are trying to do their jobs.There are arguments about how they do it of course,and who gains most,but those are not arguments for times like this.The CBs are the fire brigade and the house is on fire.The market is simply reacting to the fact they are starting to right size policy.Open ended QE was the key like i said over and over as the market fell.

The economy doesnt turn first ,its not how macro works.First it is created,then it goes into the capital markets,then it feeds out into the economy

The first page of this thread years ago,i said how they would deal with the end of this cycle.I said they would pump direct into the economy,and thats exactly what they are doing.They arent doing it in the way i expected,instead they are injecting by paying wages etc.

99.9% of people dont understand macro strategy.They see something in front of them and think they know.Its pretty much like sitting on a park bench reading all yesterdays papers in the bin,of no use for telling the future.

People on this thread should of made a lot of money this last few weeks now,some stocks still down hard,but if they had started to buy in ladders across the spread of reflation stocks they should be well in front,on a market still down by a third.

Im not looking at that,im working on pulling together how much liquidity is being put in,how much is being destroyed from debt destruction and working on the roadmap so i know roughly where we are.

I wasnt buying BP at £2.24 (and £3.30 of course) because i thought oil was going up,i was buying because i knew the money supply was going to double,i did the numbers,put in the leg work,had confidence on my ability,and acted on it with discipline.

I nearly walked away from this thread because i saw people saying im down x% the world is ending,its going to nothing.Thats all hyperbole stuff id expect in a children's playground and why most people stay poor.

Archived