DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

@DurhamBorn healthy now just means able to draw breath as we're not allowed to offend anyone.

We know nothing about the lifestyles of the young people beyond snippets of anecdotes ("Ate his greens").  Were they party animals? Any underlying or existing illness (Pneumonia, asthma) or STDs?  Any habits - drug, smoking, vaping? Diet? Vitamin D levels? Nutrient deficiencies? 

As you say weight is also a factor.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Loki said:

@DurhamBorn healthy now just means able to draw breath as we're not allowed to offend anyone.

We know nothing about the lifestyles of the young people beyond snippets of anecdotes ("Ate his greens").  Were they party animals? Any underlying or existing illness (Pneumonia, asthma) or STDs?  Any habits - drug, smoking, vaping? Diet? Vitamin D levels? Nutrient deficiencies? 

When i was 23 i was in Ibiza getting zero sleep popping a zillion pills and back home smoking my head off boozing in clubs 3 nights a week and eating take aways and pies as my diet,i am many times more healthy today than then.I have notice on the photos most seem over weight,not all of course.There are always outliers.

Just now, DurhamBorn said:

When i was 23 i was in Ibiza getting zero sleep popping a zillion pills and back home smoking my head off boozing in clubs 3 nights a week and eating take aways and pies as my diet,i am many times more healthy today than then.I have notice on the photos most seem over weight,not all of course.There are always outliers.

xD a life well lived!  Yes I'm much more healthy now than as a teenager

leonardratso

heres one of those perfectly healthy people; obviously a heavy gym user and overall fitness fanatic.

image.png.3fcccf9399445497fe42f30430b4e191.png

4 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

heres one of those perfectly healthy people; obviously a heavy gym user and overall fitness fanatic.

Obvious to me what the cause of death was, Brexit...

...oh no, we have moved on from that excuse now haven't we?...silly me!

16 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

She was in the morbidly obese category. That is a massive 'underlying health issue'.

4 hours ago, Castlevania said:

Centrica shares were at £1.45 each. How times change.

Yes, I noticed examples like this when I back-searched this thread yesterday looking for something else.

What I also noticed though is how much more focused it was before...can I make a request/suggestion that we all try to keep on theme from now on and place other off subject comments in their correct threads (guide readers by saying "See my thoughts on x in y thread") so that this one can be an opinion/learning repository on share investment for us all?...:-)

...and yes I know, I have probably been the worst `offender` recently! :-[

4 hours ago, Castlevania said:

Centrica shares were at £1.45 each. How times change.

So what are peoples thoughts now on CNA?...they have a `new broom` recently don't they?...how might this change their future direction and/or fundamentals?

44 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Indeed,its harsh,but she couldnt be any more unfit,hugely over weight,and of course that would say a very poor diet,no exercise and likely a very weak immune system.The lack of testing is a disaster though.It it turned out millions have already had it (as i think they have) then the lock downs could end.I think in time it will be shown many people had this in December and January,but most will of just thought it a bad cold.

Just now, DurhamBorn said:

Indeed,its harsh,but she couldnt be any more unfit,hugely over weight,and of course that would say a very poor diet,no exercise and likely a very weak immune system.The lack of testing is a disaster though.It it turned out millions have already had it (as i think they have) then the lock downs could end.I think in time it will be shown many people had this in December and January,but most will of just thought it a bad cold.

And this has actually become the average body type. Anyone who has the misfortune to work with wimmin' will be surrounded by porkers daily.

20 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

So what are peoples thoughts now on CNA?...they have a `new broom` recently don't they?...how might this change their future direction and/or fundamentals?

I think they need to sell the nuclear assets,but that is very difficult at the moment.I expect once nuclear is gone they will be taken over by a big oil company.They are actually very close to being the price setter now in gas/electric,but Shell getting involved in the market could make that short lived.The management have probably been too slow in their actions.I wouldnt sell,but better buys around at the moment IMO.

Noallegiance
35 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

It's like blaming the avalanche on the last snowflake.

Democorruptcy
6 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Mrs P works in food production and sus that workers often get confused about whether the gloves are to protect the food or themselves. Says a lot of cross contamination occurs as people fail to change frequently enough. 

Well if cross contamination occurs because people fail to change frequently enough can it be assumed it would happen by bare hand anyway? I think gloves are a good idea to remind you not to touch your face, rather than stop contamination. I don't see any downside of wearing them shopping and disposing of them outside the shop. 

2 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

Yes, I noticed examples like this when I back-searched this thread yesterday looking for something else.

What I also noticed though is how much more focused it was before...can I make a request/suggestion that we all try to keep on theme from now on and place other off subject comments in their correct threads (guide readers by saying "See my thoughts on x in y thread") so that this one can be an opinion/learning repository on share investment for us all?...:-)

...and yes I know, I have probably been the worst `offender` recently! :-[

I fully endorse this request and have tried to politely suggest similar. Of course it drifts a little because the subject is so broad but that can still be focussed.

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/unthinkable-happening-oil-storage-space-about-run-out

Its getting crazy in oil world, pity the governments planning is nearly all focused on the virus, there is an opportunity to stock up with a load of cheap oil like the US is doing with its strategic reserve.

Dont suppose there is anything existing like it in the UK that could be used? @Cattle Prod

26 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/unthinkable-happening-oil-storage-space-about-run-out

Its getting crazy in oil world, pity the governments planning is nearly all focused on the virus, there is an opportunity to stock up with a load of cheap oil like the US is doing with its strategic reserve.

Dont suppose there is anything existing like it in the UK that could be used? @Cattle Prod

This is why I've been holding off getting stuck into the oil stocks. Couple this with the Uk announcements today about 6 months before we get back to 'normal' and I fear stock markets and oil prices have a lot further to go before they bottom out. I totally get the macro point of view but would much prefer to buy in at a lower level if possible.

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

This is why I've been holding off getting stuck into the oil stocks. Couple this with the Uk announcements today about 6 months before we get back to 'normal' and I fear stock markets and oil prices have a lot further to go before they bottom out. I totally get the macro point of view but would much prefer to buy in at a lower level if possible.

That's a fair position to take, I think more drops are due.  We'll all do well out of this I'm sure, not having to time the market is great but I think a pause while things regroup is not timing as such

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

Well if cross contamination occurs because people fail to change frequently enough can it be assumed it would happen by bare hand anyway? I think gloves are a good idea to remind you not to touch your face, rather than stop contamination. I don't see any downside of wearing them shopping and disposing of them outside the shop. 

Im pretty much following the procedure i used to when entering the sterile areas at Glaxo.One thing to note is shoes,always dip the soles in bleach and keep them near the door.If we ever got bugs it was nearly always on the floor.Im using gloves then throwing away straight after use.I reckon shops will be the worst spreaders now,imagine how many lift the freezers up in iceland etc.I always take everything from the back of the shelf as well as people often pick up and put back from the front.Never put shopping bags on the floor or in the trolley as well.Iv pretty much stocked up so can avoid the places mostly.Though i do have some Pizza flour coming from Northern Italy xD

1 hour ago, Majorpain said:

Big oil will be buying it in now rather than pumping their own.They have the luxury of being integrated and making bigger margins on refining when its cheap.In short ,the Saudi's are complete idiots.

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Francisco Garcia death: Spanish football coach dies from coronavirus aged 21

Sounds scary? Turns out he had undiagnosed leukaemia.

"Infectious disease experts said that had Garcia not been suffering from leukaemia, he would likely have survived the bout of coronavirus."

Bricks & Mortar
2 hours ago, Majorpain said:

Wonder what it'd take to recommission a place like Inchindown - or if any of the other other old military fuel stores might be better suited.  This says it holds 100,000 tonnes, or about 800,000 barrels

Archived