DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/04/2020 at 16:40, Loki said:

I saw that price of £19.94 and couldn't resist.  This is what following this type of info has done to me xD

My name is Loki, and I'm a silverholic.

Brits get delivered ok Loki? I'm after a few more but haven't used coininvest before..

Just now, Ellandback said:

Brits get delivered ok Loki? I'm after a few more but haven't used coininvest before..

I've used Coininvest/Silver-2-Go three times previously. All very efficient. Hope they are maintaining their standards Loki?

9 minutes ago, Ellandback said:

Not here yet, I wasn't expecting them to be that quick.  I've used them several times before though, so not worried.

9 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

An interesting point Art Berman made over on Twitter: storage is not actually full, but fully leased. Those who want to short a June contract in the hope it will also fall to $10 will have to risk having to take delivery, unless they have leased storage themselves. Exchanges are looking for buyers to have storage, and there are rumours of pre paid under the radar storage being brought to play to squeeze longs. Would explain why the likes of Andurand has been so chirpy lately, this is a career trade for these guys. It really could all be about this contract roll, there is enough positive bat flu news out there to steady things. It's going to be fun when they close their shorts, hopefully the US shale patch will be killed by then. 

Yes we dont want the pain ending too soon,much rather it goes on a while.My oil plays are also gas plays and id really like a lot of shale to go down so the gas gets cut off as well.I think this shows why integrated usually end up doing so well.At least they can refine their own oil and sell it through their downstream assets.Doesnt stop the price damage of course,but it does mean they can protect their wells.

Been buying BP and XOM. Hoping to get some more of both and some more RSDB with a £12 handle or lower. Also looking at CVX and COP.  Hoping oil is leading the wider market here.

I cant get DB's comment about the market wanting to take prices back 1982 out of my head. Family home for under £50k anyone?

Surely that's why they will print and print and print and once this deflationary price shock is over the only place to hide will be in inflation hedges such as oil and gold. 

Nymex WTI Now $7.80 down 57%

🤪

I have a very small amount of a currency hedged Oil ETF: ‘OOO ASX’

Im figuring I double down on that in the coming days as my best way to get direct crude exposure down under..?

TheCountOfNowhere

!!!! WTF !!!! This isn't a crash this is a collapse. O.o

WTI Crude oil price !!!!

OilPrice.com - OilPrice Blend Flag Futures & Indexes Last Change % Change Last Updated

WTI Crude 5.280 -12.990 -71.10%

What happens next ?

:ph34r:

Don Coglione
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Anyone bought today? Very nearly traded in POG for RDSB, but bottled it.

On Friday, I sold out of Barrick (on a double) and TGZ (more than treble), today switched a fair chunk into big oil.

It was an emotional decision to sell those two, as I broke my investing virginity with them (having worked with them both in the past, albeit somewhat indirectly, and found them to be decent companies). The total holding had grown to close to six figures and it was getting stressful seeing swings of £5k and more in a day...

Hanging on to some other small goldies, in which my stakes are much less stress-inducing. All are up by varying degrees. I then have Fresnillo, on which I completely fucked up my entry point, so that is deep red.

Although not as deep a crimson as the share that must not be named...

reformed nice guy
1 hour ago, Craig said:

CRUD? 

Not sure I can invest in something called that! 

Im tempted to take a tiny punt

It is a synthetic swap based security which I normally avoid.

Any big reasons not to? I was only going to punt £500

TheCountOfNowhere

Exxon down about 3%, shouldn't we see big falls? 

Schlumberger up! 

12 minutes ago, No One said:

Holly shit, 

I have BP and Shell shares should I sell :(

The share prices seem to have detached from the oil price 

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Exxon down about 3%, shouldn't we see big falls? 

Schlumberger up! 

The share prices seem to have detached from the oil price 

I'm wondering if I should sell now, to be executed in the morning so I only loose 5 quid.

TheCountOfNowhere
18 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

$1.10 for WTI!!!

What years that back to 1890?

Just now, No One said:

I'm wondering if I should sell now, to be executed in the morning so I only loose 5 quid.

If only, somehow they always execute after the initial fall. 

18 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Crazy. 

At what point do the US investors realise they are screwed. 

It’s only for the May 20 futures that expire tomorrow. The June futures are around $23 at the moment, though they could collapse as they expire around 21/05.

11 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

Im tempted to take a tiny punt

It is a synthetic swap based security which I normally avoid.

Any big reasons not to? I was only going to punt £500

Just the name! With prices as they are, I'd say buying is a no-brainer.

Edit - I should point out that I know very little about how these markets operate, therefore my post should not be read by, let alone influence, anyone... 

Archived