DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrugglingMillennial
46 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

If you want to join the Lear Jet Crew you need to buy some Horizonte Minerals :P

Not another zoom or tesla is it 🤭

I personally think we are still quite a way of from producing any of the futures super batteries so claims of the super code of batteries being cracked seems like a good ol bit of click bait.

9 hours ago, Transistor Man said:

Trump already had Huawei and associated HiSilicon, plus Chinese foundry SMIC, under huge pressure from design tool and equipment restrictions. As you say, now this on top. CCP must be desperate for Biden to win.

I wonder what Apple think of this Nvidia move. It’ll be interesting. 

Huge test for Cummings too.

If we are indeed heading towards a period of fiscally-driven industrial growth, UK will need to be prepared to exercise muscular sovereignty over technology and industrial assets like ARM.

Worrying signs the Government don't understand what they need to do with ARM. Read an article yesterday (I'll post the link when I find it) where a Government minister was commenting off the record about not intervening because it might jeopardise future FDI - as though it's still 2005 and Blair is Prime Minister and the globalisation merry-go-round is in full swing. Unbelievable. Cummings is going to have his work cut out turning this one around.

1 hour ago, jamtomorrow said:

Worrying signs the Government don't understand what they need to do with ARM

I don't see your point here......ARM got sold to the Japs, now it's getting sold to dem Yankees....that's the 'free market' in operation, Thatcher would be proud and all the share holders from the 80s are laughing all the way to their 'summer homes' :P

what's interesting is ARM currently sell to the yankees and the chinkies but with the current 'trade tensions' between them, an interfering US government could screw things over....

Talking of 'interfering governements', fuck me the £ has dropped over 5% in the last 2 weeks against US$.......now if the cunts stopped interfering in 'free markets' maybe we'd still be getting 2 US$ to the pound...

Hold on, silly me, there must be no such thing as a 'free market' anymore.......even Softbank appear to have the ability to 'move markets' when they feel like it :Jumping:

Transistor Man
1 hour ago, jamtomorrow said:

Huge test for Cummings too.

If we are indeed heading towards a period of fiscally-driven industrial growth, UK will need to be prepared to exercise muscular sovereignty over technology and industrial assets like ARM.

Worrying signs the Government don't understand what they need to do with ARM. Read an article yesterday (I'll post the link when I find it) where a Government minister was commenting off the record about not intervening because it might jeopardise future FDI - as though it's still 2005 and Blair is Prime Minister and the globalisation merry-go-round is in full swing. Unbelievable. Cummings is going to have his work cut out turning this one around.

There’s an open letter going round from one of the Arm founders.

savearm.co.uk 

They might get lucky. There is resistance in the US, ( Apple, QCOM, etc.).

BAE? Can’t see it.

Someone like Siemens could be the best bet for the UK. They would be independent enough of any one of the US fabless giants, and likely to leave things to be run from Cambridge. 

I've just read about HiSilicon...a Chinese chip maker who are pushing RISC-V, that's the open source version of ARM's RISC.......so ARM can go fuck themselves for me, open source for the win! :P

Transistor Man
37 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

I've just read about HiSilicon...a Chinese chip maker who are pushing RISC-V, that's the open source version of ARM's RISC.......so ARM can go fuck themselves for me, open source for the win! :P

RISC-V is an instruction set architecture only. Very promising. But you still need to do the design and implementation, plus all the ecosystem, libraries, compilers etc. Hard to replicate what Arm provides. Apple could probably do it, but it would take time. 

@Transistor Mansure but the robots are a coming........

Apple are cunts too :P

One needs to decide which side of the fence one is on.......

Support big corporate Yankie cunts screwing everyone over and making a 'fat world' to the detriment of a massively declining wildlife population or 'open your mind'

Brought to you from a far away place using free open source software :)

And yes an AMD chip but it was freaking cheap xD

WMH been mentioned on here before. 

Share Price: 217.50Bid: 217.20Ask: 217.70Change: 18.50 (9.30%) 

William Hill surges on Caesars-ESPN deal
(Sharecast News) - William Hill shares surged on Tuesday after the bookmaker said a multi-year deal between its US partner Caesars Entertainment and broadcaster ESPN will feature its sports betting apps and sports book odds.

22 minutes ago, feed said:

WMH been mentioned on here before. 

Share Price: 217.50Bid: 217.20Ask: 217.70Change: 18.50 (9.30%) 

William Hill surges on Caesars-ESPN deal
(Sharecast News) - William Hill shares surged on Tuesday after the bookmaker said a multi-year deal between its US partner Caesars Entertainment and broadcaster ESPN will feature its sports betting apps and sports book odds.

theyve been rising for a while so someone knew that was in the offing, shame really, i decided to bin them a while back since they werent doing much, never mind, held onto PTEC and thats taken up the slack as well.

Interesting update from Endeavour Silver, they've appointed Don Gray as COO:

"Mr. Gray brings to Endeavour his 40 years of experience in the mining industry, having worked for senior mining companies such as Exxon, Hecla, Newmont, Coeur throughout much of Latin America, as well as Spain and the United States.  Most recently, as COO of Continental Gold Inc., he steered the successful completion of mine development and mill construction at their Buritica gold mine in Colombia, culminating in the company being purchased by Zijin Mining Group earlier this year. Prior to that, Mr. Gray was with Tahoe Resources, initially as General Manager/Vice President and then as President/Country Manager, where he oversaw the successful design, construction and startup of the Escobal silver mine in Guatemala."

That's the best hat-trick of silver mining shitfuckery I've seen in a long, long time. As far as Escobal is concerned, it's so busy being successful it doesn't do any mining anymore. Seriously, with those names on his CV, Mr Gray would be much better off putting on a fake beard and starting from scratch.

if you want some risky shit metals for multi bagging or multi zeros, im doing a small amount thus;

lon adt1

lon sres

lon ufo

lon hzm

actually hzm is my atm at the moment, skimming every week by the look of it.

51 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

actually hzm is my atm at the moment, skimming every week by the look of it.

mate, HODL for the Lear JET :D

17 hours ago, Loki said:

ZH have some good stuff on there from different guest posters.Wolf/Mish etc.

14 hours ago, JMD said:

Actually that is useful, thank you for your insight. I asked an open question on purpose so not to bias responses. I would have liked to have invested 'in nuclear' but accept what you say about government taking up the reigns/nuclear control rods! Never mind I shall concentrate on the uranium miners, and also the service cos which will no doubt receive nice gov. subsidies and in any case are good next cycle engineering reflation plays.

I think the key here as @Transistor Man has said is to stick to the decomplex trades.When you start picking up RR you're not just picking up their nuclear arm but also their aircraft engines business.

WE've owned Cameco for about 5 years but they haven't done much.

2 hours ago, leonardratso said:

theyve been rising for a while so someone knew that was in the offing, shame really, i decided to bin them a while back since they werent doing much, never mind, held onto PTEC and thats taken up the slack as well.

I tagged the bottom on Playtech and a big stake as well,iv off loaded a few simply due to the size of the holding after 150%+.Il hold the rest now though and take a look to slice again at £10,or maybe £12.Hills were a screaming buy as well at the bottom.

Transistor Man
17 hours ago, Transistor Man said:

.... nuclear ...

I’m watching Wylfa. Let’s see what happens. 

@JMD

Plans for a £15-£20bn nuclear power plant in Wales have been scrapped.

Work on the Wylfa Newydd project on Anglesey was suspended in January last year because of rising costs after Hitachi failed to reach a funding agreement with the UK government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54158091

What happens next? I think the UK knows it needs this. It’s popular locally (very good jobs, in an area without many). And what’s 15 bn?

Transistor Man
16 hours ago, JMD said:

! Never mind I shall concentrate on the uranium miners, and also the service cos which will no doubt receive nice gov. .

I agree. If New Build ramps up, the energy service companies will pick up lots of nuclear work. 

1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

I think the key here as @Transistor Man has said is to stick to the decomplex trades.When you start picking up RR you're not just picking up their nuclear arm but also their aircraft engines business.

WE've owned Cameco for about 5 years but they haven't done much.

Agreed SP, i am 'now' committed (i was a bit of a laggard!) to the decomplex trade. My original post did list RR, but I will scratch that for the reasons discussed. I still think the global engineering cos i listed in my original post, like Wood Group, are good for the infrastructure cycle - but even these will only be part of my 'watch-list' for if/when the BK event happens.    

My uranium commodities (in case of interest to others), equal % in each, are: yellow cake, cameco, energy fuels, denison mines. The financials for these were (are still i think) acceptable - well, acceptable for the sector their in, otherwise probably pretty awful!!

Definitely not advise, for entertainment purposes only, please dyor.

24 minutes ago, Transistor Man said:

@JMD

Plans for a £15-£20bn nuclear power plant in Wales have been scrapped.

Work on the Wylfa Newydd project on Anglesey was suspended in January last year because of rising costs after Hitachi failed to reach a funding agreement with the UK government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54158091

thanks TransistorMan, I expect at some point government will decide to 'come to the rescue' - but probably only after we next get another round of winter sub-station brown-outs on the grid... ok, i admit i can't recall what these faults are actually called, but the solution/requirement is to have a stable (voltage?) supply, which renewables (intermitant as they are) are incapable of producing.   

7 minutes ago, JMD said:

thanks TransistorMan, I expect at some point government will decide to 'come to the rescue' - but probably only after we next get another round of winter sub-station brown-outs on the grid... ok, i admit i can't recall what these faults are actually called, but the solution/requirement is to have a stable (voltage?) supply, which renewables (intermitant as they are) are incapable of producing.   

DRAX will be needed even more to balance the grid (and take energy from it as well),another up 100% from the lows,and although a few sliced holding the rest.

The interesting thing is government did everything it could to scupper Centrica and in doing so scuppered them wanting to be involved in nuclear.All for £1 a week off bills so they could give it to councils instead on council tax.

Given Centrica cant now sell to the Chinese it will be interesting to see just what happens to that nuclear stake.

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

I tagged the bottom on Playtech and a big stake as well,iv off loaded a few simply due to the size of the holding after 150%+.Il hold the rest now though and take a look to slice again at £10,or maybe £12.Hills were a screaming buy as well at the bottom.

While I sold some last week as part of rebalancing my portfolio to its new lower total!  One of my few winners!  Not that I ploughed the funds into the weak ones (aka the dogs)!  Stupid, yes, but not that stupid, I hope!

@Transistor ManGET IN!! right on q there's a RISC-V chip coming NEXT MONTH.......the robots will be here quicker than I previously thought methinks, better get prepping boyo :P

https://liliputing.com/2020/09/sifive-plans-to-unveil-the-first-risc-v-pc-in-october-along-with-new-risc-v-chips.html 

Transistor Man
1 hour ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

@Transistor ManGET IN!! right on q there's a RISC-V chip coming NEXT MONTH.......the robots will be here quicker than I previously thought methinks, better get prepping boyo :P

Let’s hope it gets more traction. Looking around, I see Samsung have also made use of RISC-V in their 5G chips. So it has caught on to a fair degree. I think that’s what it’ll take: someone like Samsung to produce all the surrounding, essential infrastructure.... compilers, Linux port,  Etc. 

Arm get royalties on 20 billion cores/ chips a year, so a big target to aim at.

Archived