DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

leonardratso

whats the point, except maybe to eliminate fx overhead?

aha, wheaton precious metals as well, by the end of the year.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don Coglione
4 hours ago, spongeh said:

We do strategy execution and project management software with some rather large interesting customers around the globe.

Never expected to see us mentioned here.

Fuck me...

leonardratso
7 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Fuck me...

whats that 'members solved count' you have there ? the single green tick?

image.png.ca164b12b4dde80753371bf0ca41392d.png

Bobthebuilder
4 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

maybe its the number of times youve changed your name @spunko? is it?

I would like to think its a c19 mark but alas just a up tick in the questions and answers thread.

those ticks, methinks you need to go into 'knowledge base' answer a question and if someone likes the answer you get a tick.....like being at effing school again....

Edit: sorry Bob already answered it, not paying enough attention.....send nurse around with her errrr, punishment tools 

If somebody doesn't give me a tick for my answer above, I'm gonna errrrrr, have a strop-on for 24 hours :PissedOff:

not to be confused with some fuckers peg....

2 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

If somebody doesn't give me a tick for my answer above, I'm gonna errrrrr, have a strop-on for 24 hours :PissedOff:

not to be confused with some fuckers peg....

I think it needs to be posted in the knowledge base for that option to be available 

Good day for the oilies today, and David Hunter's latest tweet provides even more optimism.  Feels good to have bagged a little more RDSB at <900p

I just need silver to get its arse in gear for my CFDs!

Also, two of my best performing are DRAX and Anglo American.  How are other posters dealing with stocks that have risen by ~25%?  I don't think I want to top-slice as it's not a huge amount of money.  Leave them be, and keep adding to under-valued stuff as and when possible?  They seem like solid options for a 'whole cycle' hold, in my limited knowledge. 

Not sure what to make of this. Just checked on a couple of bullion dealers in the UK. Seems a silver eagle is currently £32 ish ($41 ish). Do they something we all know already? Links within the article seem legit.

https://www.silverdoctors.com/headlines/world-news/breaking-the-us-mint-is-hiking-silver-prices-will-charge-67-for-each-1-ounce-uncirculated-american-silver-eagle-coin-in-just-five-days/

5 minutes ago, harp said:

Not sure what to make of this. Just checked on a couple of bullion dealers in the UK. Seems a silver eagle is currently £32 ish ($41 ish). Do they something we all know already? Links within the article seem legit.

https://www.silverdoctors.com/headlines/world-news/breaking-the-us-mint-is-hiking-silver-prices-will-charge-67-for-each-1-ounce-uncirculated-american-silver-eagle-coin-in-just-five-days/

Punters will just buy the "tube of Eagles".  That's how I buy my Brits.  I'm not interested in pomp and paper, just oz. xD

The “uncirculated” the US Mint is referring to means the coin comes in the Mint’s presentation box with a Certificate of Authenticity. For example, the current price is $54 for a one ounce, uncirculated American Silver Eagle

57 minutes ago, Loki said:

Good day for the oilies today, and David Hunter's latest tweet provides even more optimism.  Feels good to have bagged a little more RDSB at <900p

I just need silver to get its arse in gear for my CFDs!

Also, two of my best performing are DRAX and Anglo American.  How are other posters dealing with stocks that have risen by ~25%?  I don't think I want to top-slice as it's not a huge amount of money.  Leave them be, and keep adding to under-valued stuff as and when possible?  They seem like solid options for a 'whole cycle' hold, in my limited knowledge. 

I regard 25% as a rounding error 

On a serious note let your positions run, whilst keeping an eye on your overall exposure to both individual stocks and overall sector allocation. You probably don’t want 50% in one stock or industry for example.

@Lokiset up a reward system:

toys I would like in the next month

toys I would like in the next 6 months

toys I would like in the next 12 months

As an extra reward, generally the longer you hold out the cheaper the toys get and/or the spec gets better xD

Hecla reports 3.5moz silver and 41koz gold, plus too much money to handle:

"This operating performance combined with higher silver prices allowed us to close the quarter with $97 million of cash and cash equivalents while fully repaying our revolving credit facility. Given our free cash flow generation, we expect to spend about $5 million more in exploration, and based on our realized silver price for the quarter being above $25, we expect the silver-linked dividend to be triggered"

I’m in the blue in Rolls Royce, I actually didn’t want that, funny thing investing. :)

I’m hoping the share rights will still be voted in. My monthly allocation was due to drop on the 10th luckily I changed it at the last minute. The bounce back is too higher point to buy another allocation with the share rights on the horizon.

I bought some British Land a while back for contrarian amusement (small holding only). It's doing quite nicely after the announcement of the dividend reintroduction. I like the quarterly payers.

Now, when to pick up HSBC?

@5min OCD speculator Pretty good.  I'm still mostly in the red (By almost 50% averaged over BP, INFA, VOD, and the Macbeth share) , but not as much for the whole portfolio as I was even on Monday. Overall loss 12.7%, from 14.4%.  :Beer:

K&S, DRAX, and AAL nicely in the blue.   SSE, NGD, Euronav, BAT and NGD almost in the blue.

Debating more VOD soon.

holdings.PNG

sancho panza
On 07/10/2020 at 22:56, Cattle Prod said:

ENI is a peer of BP, and they work alot together. They are fully integrated which is why they are showing up on utility lists, but they have been notable in the industry the last few years for their exploration success (voted no. 1 by us in industry polls) and speed at turning those finds into pumping oil. Google: Zohr field, Egypt AMT fields, Mexico. I don't know how their financials are.

I've jsut run a quick coma scale on them.Chart 5 ,inc 2 BS 2(very nearly a 3),FCF 5 Sector 4=18.Their balance sheet has minor entries for goodwill.

Income statement can be heavily gamed but the free cash flow yield on last year was impressive.And the year before.We laready have a position but I'm tempted to add some more.

Archived