DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

geordie_lurch
8 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

Canda has huge growth potential still, and will be an ever more important country geopolitically. They need to sort out their PM though, another tool in the Johnston mould.

I'd say he's the perfect puppet for whoever is pulling the strings as per his recent regurgitation of the World Economic Forum reset crap on Twitter :wanker:

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There  was a BT Ad on the radio this morning normally i don't pay attention but this bit caught my attention like @DurhamBorn talked about  

The monthly price shown for BT Broadband, Landline, BT TV, BT Sport (including all out of bundle charges and add ons) will increase each year from March 2021 by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January each year plus 3.9%.

Some more info i found online

In a predictable move UK broadband ISP Plusnet has today gone the same way as their parent (BT) by announcing their intention to hike prices, which will see future increases on contracts taken on or after October 7th 2020 being calculated by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%.

Prior to this change Plusnet’s official policy was to merely increase their prices in line with the CPI rate, as published by the Office for National Statistics in April this year (1.5%). The addition of an extra 3.9% on top of CPI is thus a significant change, albeit one that seemed inevitable after BTand EE announced the same approach last month

So - I thought it would be a nice time to take stock.  Thanks to the timely purchasing of oilies at or around the lows, between June and now the pot is running at 20% up on the nose, plus a nice shelf of dividends income.  It's a warm glow to see the long term savings which will keep me in beans and fags positioned for the next 10 years.

Thank you so much again to the brains trust on here and both sides of the debate which really helped stupidos like me form a view.

4 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

There  was a BT Ad on the radio this morning normally i don't pay attention but this bit caught my attention like @DurhamBorn talked about  

The monthly price shown for BT Broadband, Landline, BT TV, BT Sport (including all out of bundle charges and add ons) will increase each year from March 2021 by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January each year plus 3.9%.

Some more info i found online

In a predictable move UK broadband ISP Plusnet has today gone the same way as their parent (BT) by announcing their intention to hike prices, which will see future increases on contracts taken on or after October 7th 2020 being calculated by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%.

Prior to this change Plusnet’s official policy was to merely increase their prices in line with the CPI rate, as published by the Office for National Statistics in April this year (1.5%). The addition of an extra 3.9% on top of CPI is thus a significant change, albeit one that seemed inevitable after BTand EE announced the same approach last month

EE have the same.

3 minutes ago, harp said:

I swear. Every time that David fucking Hunter tweets about PM's/Miners they go down. A little pump and up he pops to say 'this is it' here we go. Moron.

Having said that, I'll buy more soon :ph34r:

Just now, DoINeedOne said:

I wonder if people are selling metals to FOMO into crypto, might buy a little more silver at bullion vault and a little bit of miners if it continues

My Bitcoin is saving my ass right now!! Time to sell a little and rotate into more PM's?

9 minutes ago, harp said:

I swear. Every time that David fucking Hunter tweets about PM's/Miners they go down. A little pump and up he pops to say 'this is it' here we go. Moron.

It's not just me then xD I thought exactly the same thing myself when I checked Twitter then the silver price 

2 minutes ago, harp said:

My Bitcoin is saving my ass right now!! Time to sell a little and rotate into more PM's?

Who knows i hold XRP was down alot but back to breakeven pretty much, i will still carry on holding 

1 minute ago, DoINeedOne said:

Who knows i hold XRP was down alot but back to breakeven pretty much, i will still carry on holding 

I bought some of that right at the peak. Oops.

Surplus energy economics shows how renewable energy (RE) replacing fossil fuels (FF) is largely wishful thinking:

https://surplusenergyeconomics.wordpress.com/2020/11/12/184-the-objective-economy-part-one/

The widely-canvassed view that REs can supplant FFs – such that the need for oil, gas and coal decreases rapidly – is very largely a product of wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, janch said:

Surplus energy economics shows how renewable energy (RE) replacing fossil fuels (FF) is largely wishful thinking:

https://surplusenergyeconomics.wordpress.com/2020/11/12/184-the-objective-economy-part-one/

The widely-canvassed view that REs can supplant FFs – such that the need for oil, gas and coal decreases rapidly – is very largely a product of wishful thinking.

No shit! 

1 hour ago, DoINeedOne said:

I wonder if people are selling metals to FOMO into crypto, might buy a little more silver at bullion vault and a little bit of miners if it continues

PMs are not going to be that precious when Musk's Tesla tows an asteroid full of the stuff back to Earth. That's the real reason he sent his old Tesla into space and not some ego publicity stunt. xD

Cryptos may be the new digital PMs with the younger 'sim life' generations more interested in all things online than historical norms.

2 hours ago, harp said:

My target on the gold dip is 1750USD.

2 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

2 hours ago, harp said:

Silver and gold have a place for sure, but bitcoin's where its at right now.

11 hours ago, CVG said:

Apols. I somehow managed to sort one column but not all the related columns! Here are the cheapest places to live in the UK re: ratio of meidan wage to median houseprice

ONS dataset: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/housing/datasets/ratioofhousepricetoworkplacebasedearningslowerquartileandmedian

Corrected sort!

image.png.e4ab763498a8c8af56cab6845285426f.png

But they are all North of Watford?....sorry, I don't do Third World countries!

58 minutes ago, Bricormortis said:

Helicopter money for N. Ireland incoming....Stormont ministers have agreed in principal to give £200 to every household to spend in the local economy.

That's the future right there. Programmable money. You can have free money, but were going to tell you how you can spend it. 

Just now, Craig said:

That's the future right there. Programmable money. You can have free money, but were going to tell you how you can spend it. 

That future is already here. You can't spend your money in the pub at the moment, or anywhere else the authorities deem to be non-essential.

Archived