DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

That’s my point at the rate we are going it’s going to be like bit coin you can make money a cash out until they decide you can’t 

Crap price, something like 80% of spot but the local bullion dealer will give cash.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Shamone said:

Crap price, something like 80% of spot but the local bullion dealer will give cash.

Well my hobby used to be metal detecting and most are retired or on social ie the hardcore guys more hours in the field is more odds of finding something on avarage .has an example the staffs hoard at 6.5 million was found by a none worker one of my mates is due millions he don’t work lol .they were the ultra lucky but if you want to buy gold buy it off detecting guys for cash 

2 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Ah, that's OK then.

Well it’s not real I’m not has vindictive has fans of formulae 1 watching it live in the vain hope of seeing hamelton die live

Bobthebuilder
8 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Well it’s not real I’m not has vindictive has fans of formulae 1 watching it live in the vain hope of seeing hamelton die live

Or Grosjean?

I have quite a few oillies that I bought in March and the later low. It will be interesting to see what divis i get on them. RDSB and REPSOL up nicely at the moment.

16 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Or Grosjean?

I have quite a few oillies that I bought in March and the later low. It will be interesting to see what divis i get on them. RDSB and REPSOL up nicely at the moment.

I hope you do well im

not like a lot of benefit people I like to see people make money I’m not crass ps had to google that name I’ve no interest in watching multi millionaires drive around a track in an orderly prosesion 

59 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Big Corps will and those that hold paper notes against a banks bullion will get an IOU’s 

This.

If you read US goldbug forums very few use gold storage services, and those that do use ones in singapore and switzerland for this reason.

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I’m not crass

"iron ladies and steel men waiting for their fucking war to start again"

I leave it there Stokie let the money thinking guys have the thread back

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I hope you do well im

not like a lot of benefit people I like to see people make money I’m not crass ps had to google that name I’ve no interest in watching multi millionaires drive around a track in an orderly prosesion 

Tax dodging multi millionaires..

Hamilton has the cheek to quote black lives matter, whilst avoiding millions £s in tax.. 

Clearly he does not give a fuck.. 

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Could the fed be impacted by the Fire Eye hack? 

This could be really big (possibly)......change all your passwords asap! (seriously)

The attackers likely breached other agencies or organizations in addition to those already identified, which simply makes it more urgent to root out the infiltrators. FireEye’s Mandia said the attacks appears to have started in the spring.

“This might be a domino effect,” Gorge said. “It’s a coordinated attack. It’s a sophisticated attack and I don’t think we’ve seen the end of it.”

allyourbase.jpg

2 hours ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

This could be really big (possibly)......change all your passwords asap! (seriously)

The attackers likely breached other agencies or organizations in addition to those already identified, which simply makes it more urgent to root out the infiltrators. FireEye’s Mandia said the attacks appears to have started in the spring.

“This might be a domino effect,” Gorge said. “It’s a coordinated attack. It’s a sophisticated attack and I don’t think we’ve seen the end of it.”

allyourbase.jpg

interactive brokers has been sketchy all day (your nighttime) as I suspect they are rolling additional security patches across their platform.  Their pricing for past purchases was all over the place a few hours ago, showing I had bought BP at much higher prices than I had.

At the least you should have screenshots of your positions weekly - I try to remember to do this.

Just out of interest, what do you all think of BP (The only oilie still down on my portfolio)

Laggard (Late to the party) or under performing (Turns up and shits in the punch bowl)

Tempted to add a bit more, I mean my first buy was at 484 and laddered down from there so I'm not hurting much.  My others are well up but it's easy buying stuff that's already performed well. 

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

Their pricing for past purchases was all over the place a few hours ago, showing I had bought BP at much higher prices than I had

You're still buying BP? :o

29 minutes ago, Loki said:

Just out of interest, what do you all think of BP (The only oilie still down on my portfolio)

I'm still a 'good' few grand down on some BP.......but it's in my SIPP so I'm doing what a lot of folk did with 'Cuntrica'.....

Stick your head up your ass and hope it comes good :P

head up ass.jpeg

@LokiI know it's sometimes difficult to tell when I'm being serious (very seldom) and when I'm being mad (quite often) BUT I'm following the price of US crude to get an idea if I should HODL the oilies for the next 10 years......quite tricky when you look at 5min timeframes xD

US crude had a 'sudden big dip' into the 45 handle yesterday but was bought back up quite quickly....47s we are at

_s1DrqksvBnFTz7EkYvnN3yiPr-TzunPvIjynj0CKNc.jpg

Just now, 5min OCD speculator said:

@LokiI know it's sometimes difficult to tell when I'm being serious (very seldom) and when I'm being mad (quite often) BUT I'm following the price of US crude to get an idea if I should HODL the oilies for the next 10 years......quite tricky when you look at 5min timeframes xD

US crude had a 'sudden big dip' into the 45 handle yesterday but was bought back up quite quickly....47s we are at

_s1DrqksvBnFTz7EkYvnN3yiPr-TzunPvIjynj0CKNc.jpg

xD that pic

The only point I'm going to even attempt a cheeky trade is when we see the general consensus of DXY ~88, oil ~$55, as after that a bust is expected but not guaranteed to knock everything down.

Other than that for the next 10 years I plan to just sit and collect dividends, but a chance to sell the lot at current prices and get a once in a life time do-over of March is too much for someone in my position to ignore.

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

but a chance to sell the lot at current prices and get a once in a life time do-over of March is too much for someone in my position to ignore

yeah it probably will happen but you always end up with that 'shoulda, coulda, woulda' experience....please 'ping me' when you get to know the dates ;)

reminds me of when Russia was gonna stage the 'off your tits olympics'

Monetary injection by the FED and the BOE coming in 3,2,1....

Team Sky would be good at that...:P

Specially adapted bikes allow an amphetamine boost at just the right moment.......

cycling.jpg.2ba1228366296ecd0f9f39eb2409ad96.jpg

https://theulsterfry.com/featured/russia-to-stage-its-own-off-your-tits-olympics/

15 hours ago, Loki said:

Thanks for posting as it's very informative and stuff I hadn't really thought about:

.......we see that oil markets are now intrinsically unstable and cannot return to stability because the mix of high break-even prices, declining demand and the end of debt-funded consumption cannot be resolved: high prices crush demand, low prices crush producers, and debt is crushing both consumers and producers.

Much hope is being placed on so-called renewable energy, most of which is not renewable but replaceable, as I've learned from Nate Hagens. A forest is renewable, a solar panel or windmill must be replaced every 20 years at enormous expense.

Archived