DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

@Loki also within HL you should have a message now as below

What is happening?

Repsol SA recently announced details of a Stock Dividend to Shareholders as at close of business on 16 December 2020 with a cash option, giving you the right to receive additional Shares or a cash payment. As a holder of Repsol SA Shares in your Hargreaves Lansdown Stocks & Shares ISA you have been issued with one Right for each Share held at the qualifying time and now have Rights.

What are my choices?

You now have 2 options to consider relating to the Rights and these are explained below in more detail.

Option 1 - Do nothing - DEFAULT. If you do not return an election by the deadline below and take no action you will receive 1 New Repsol SA Share for every Rights held. The issue of New Ordinary Shares will not be subject to Spanish withholding tax. If you choose this Option you will receive New Ordinary Share(s). Any Rights that are not converted into New Shares i.e. not multiples , will lapse and a cash payment will be made in their place. The New Shares are expected to be issued from 28 January 2021. Please note that if you do nothing then you will not receive any further correspondence and this letter should be treated as confirmation of your New Shares.

Option 2 - You can receive a cash payment. If you elect for this option by our noon on Friday 8 January 2021 deadline you will receive a cash payment of €0.288 per RightThe proceeds will be subject to a 19% Spanish withholding tax, i.e. you will receive €0.23328 per Right after tax. Cash proceeds are expected from 12 January 2021 and will be converted to Sterling upon receipt subject to the prevailing exchange rate at that time and our standard currency conversion fees.

How to make your choice

You can make an election to receive the cash payment (Option 2) by clicking on your Stocks & Shares ISA in the ‘My Accounts’ section of our website. Please select the dark blue Corporate Actions Icon alongside your Repsol SA Rights and follow the instructions provided

Sent from my iPhone

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Idiocrat
3 hours ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

what's the current thinking on BK timing

FWIW, I think it’ll happen when the first old people who’ve been vaccinated start dying with Covid with some new (not particularly lethal to most) strain, and the government shits the bed. Give it some time after the summer, say October/early November.

3 hours ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

I made all this up but it sounds reasonably convincing to me.  I have a newsletter subscription available :)

It's as convincing as anything else mate, good job.

The Idiocrat
3 hours ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

Try buying it. Banned by FCA last month. Only existing holders can sell, no one can buy. Only way I can see to gain exposure to Bitcoin in ISA/SIPP is via proxies like miners (ARB, MARA, RIOT), companies buying it (MSTR) or mining equipment manufacturers (CAN Canaan, Bitmain IPO coming).

Edit: Possibly also some funds, eg. Ruffer, but they have very small % holdings right now.

Edit 2: above are just examples, there are others, DYOR, yadda yadda.

The Idiocrat
2 minutes ago, Errol said:

Also you can get exposure from Galaxy Digital - except it's gone up a bit too much already.

Yes, they all seem to have done that!

2 hours ago, Loki said:

Thanks mate, I'll keep an eye on it

You will get a new Repsol share for every 29 rights so simply divide the number by 29.The value showing is the value of selling the rights in the market.Not worth it with the spread,better to take the shares and keep or sell.Im keeping all rights shares while Repsol is under 11 euros,

Just now, DurhamBorn said:

You will get a new Repsol share for every 29 rights so simply divide the number by 29.The value showing is the value of selling the rights in the market.Not worth it with the spread,better to take the shares and keep or sell.Im keeping all rights shares while Repsol is under 11 euros,

Yes I remembered the tax issue being mentioned on here before, will definitely take the shares and let it run :D

4 minutes ago, janch said:

I'm not surprised they banned it.  The leverage is/was 100% according to the HL linkxD

what sort of leverage would you call this? xD

Screenshot_2020-12-17_16-58-48.png

18 hours ago, Loki said:

Silver rockets at the open.

I was gonna comment on this earlier but glad I 'held off'

I know @Lokilikes a joke so.....

51nZCvm0D3L.jpg

35 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

cockring should sort it.

Looks like BTC is having a mini kahuna,

kinnel have you seen Loopring price? shitcoin traders be having a good time this last week

CeIkL3uVAAAsaEv.gif

StrugglingMillennial
39 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Looks like BTC is having a mini kahuna,

To the moon ☝️🛫📈🚀🤑

Thats all ive seen on social media for the last month or so 😂

1 hour ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

what sort of leverage would you call this? xD

Screenshot_2020-12-17_16-58-48.png

Id call it just the start,trillions more to come yet.BOE will chip in another £200 billion.

Noallegiance
20 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Id call it just the start,trillions more to come yet.BOE will chip in another £200 billion.

In the next round. Surely not overall.

11 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

In the next round. Surely not overall.

Next two rounds probably.They will keep printing until a couple of months after 3% inflation,so id say autumn.

9 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Next two rounds probably.They will keep printing until a couple of months after 3% inflation,so id say autumn.

but what comes first BK or BRRRRRRRRRRRR?

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, The Idiocrat said:

Try buying it. Banned by FCA last month. Only existing holders can sell, no one can buy. Only way I can see to gain exposure to Bitcoin in ISA/SIPP is via proxies like miners (ARB, MARA, RIOT), companies buying it (MSTR) or mining equipment manufacturers (CAN Canaan, Bitmain IPO coming).

Edit: Possibly also some funds, eg. Ruffer, but they have very small % holdings right now.

Edit 2: above are just examples, there are others, DYOR, yadda yadda.

I recently posted in here a table of firms that were doing well due to the recent bitcoin increase, sorry can't be bothered looking for it.

2 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

but what comes first BK or BRRRRRRRRRRRR?

BRRRRRRRRRR I think, it just doesn't stop the deflation baked in already leading to BK?

Archived