DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

sancho panza
5 hours ago, harp said:

She’s a whinging cunt with a dirty stinking chip on her shoulder. I’ve met Harry twice. Properly met him with no one else around. He was never comfortable in the family and was always looking for a way out. 

You ex forces?

He's always struck me as a nice bloke.I remember when he used to walk in the scoff hosue in camp bastion with 200 eyes watching what he was having...B|.tour before hepsent time out on the ground with teh toms I blieve.

Frying pan and fire comes to mind with his life choices bless him.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/our-stories/discover/2021/e-fuels-powering-climate-neutral-future.aspx?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Power-Systems&utm_term=Organic&utm_content=Power-to-x

New stuff from RR about future fuels, I didn't know you could use Hydrogen as a base, add C02 and leccy, and make Methanol/Kero/Diesel.  

Hydro carbon;)

4 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

An interesting article in the FT on ETF's and illiquidity [https://www.ft.com/content/44718dbb-abba-48aa-9499-f6bc15f412c0].

My interpretation of this is two-fold:

1. In 'times of trouble' ETF's do not offer you the diversification that you thought you were getting, and are only as strong as their weakest part.

2. Supports my opinion that ETF's/Passive investing as a strategy if effective when markets are stable, but when volatile active is a better approach [assuming that you can pick the right stocks and/or hold beyond the period of volatility]

Note, when first joining this board I was pro-passive...funny how opinions can change.

:)  I'll just leave it there!

3 hours ago, Castlevania said:

Shareholder deficit. Strange.

Surprisingly, not uncommon.  Some have a defit out the gate.  Others would have it with some mild prudence.  Rare in the past but no more.

1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

You ex forces?

He's always struck me as a nice bloke.I remember when he used to walk in the scoff hosue in camp bastion with 200 eyes watching what he was having...B|.tour before hepsent time out on the ground with teh toms I blieve.

Frying pan and fire comes to mind with his life choices bless him.

Yes ex Grenadier. In Iraq I reminded him of our first meeting when he was 6 years old with his Mum at Windsor Castle. I was on Guard away from the public when they both came over to me. After presenting arms Diana explained to Harry what I do etc. She told him we are not allowed to talk. While her attention drifted and her eyes were off me I pulled a tongue and smiled at Harry. He was wide eyed! Pulling his Mums arm explaining to her what I had just done. She laughed and said ‘don’t be silly Harry’. She then looked at me and gave me a knowing smile and then off they went with Harry looking back at me. 

Then I bumped into him while private security in Iraq many years later. I told him the story and he burst out laughing saying he remembered it and how no one believed him! We ended up sharing a bunker for 24hrs as it was raining mortars and rockets so no movements. We had a really good chat and you could tell he hated life in the family. Again I saw him with the Invictus games stuff and he even remembered me and our previous meetings. Obviously I won’t go into details though. 

Castlevania

Do HL offer the London listing for Yamana? I thought they did, but can only find the Canadian listing. I know there’s technically no difference between the two, but would prefer to be able to trade London time.

12 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Do HL offer the London listing for Yamana? I thought they did, but can only find the Canadian listing. I know there’s technically no difference between the two, but would prefer to be able to trade London time.

No same as Wheaton Gold, when i asked they said the CAD version was more liquid so buy that and they may add it if enough interest

So basically there a bunch of cunts

4 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

No same as Wheaton Gold, when i asked they said the CAD version was more liquid so buy that and they may add it if enough interest

I meant to see what was going on with their LSE listing and forgot.  Thanks for the info.

Castlevania
13 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

Thanks. It’s a bit stupid. If they as the biggest retail broker don’t offer it, then you’ll never get the liquidity.

5 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Thanks. It’s a bit stupid. If they as the biggest retail broker don’t offer it, then you’ll never get the liquidity.

yep you can see from last year on use website the comments too

570942697_Screenshot2021-03-08at16_07_57.thumb.png.eb3fb678939cfbae6f5925a064449786.png

1 hour ago, harp said:

Yes ex Grenadier. In Iraq I reminded him of our first meeting when he was 6 years old with his Mum at Windsor Castle. I was on Guard away from the public when they both came over to me. After presenting arms Diana explained to Harry what I do etc. She told him we are not allowed to talk. While her attention drifted and her eyes were off me I pulled a tongue and smiled at Harry. He was wide eyed! Pulling his Mums arm explaining to her what I had just done. She laughed and said ‘don’t be silly Harry’. She then looked at me and gave me a knowing smile and then off they went with Harry looking back at me. 

Then I bumped into him while private security in Iraq many years later. I told him the story and he burst out laughing saying he remembered it and how no one believed him! We ended up sharing a bunker for 24hrs as it was raining mortars and rockets so no movements. We had a really good chat and you could tell he hated life in the family. Again I saw him with the Invictus games stuff and he even remembered me and our previous meetings. Obviously I won’t go into details though. 

One of the best posts I've read on this forum; fair play to you buddy.

ThoughtCriminal
3 hours ago, Bricormortis said:

Tesla and Nasdaq continue downwards.

I'd say don't mention Tesla in my presence, but I deserve it for being a fanny........ 

2 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I'd say don't mention Tesla in my presence, but I deserve it for being a fanny........ 

One of the best things I got told in this thread is you do the best you can with the information you have at the time.

It's just as likely to rocket up tomorrow or whenever the stimulus bill finally passes.

No point letting hindsight get you down, another opportunity is waiting somewhere

leonardratso
32 minutes ago, Loki said:

One of the best things I got told in this thread is you do the best you can with the information you have at the time.

It's just as likely to rocket up tomorrow or whenever the stimulus bill finally passes.

No point letting hindsight get you down, another opportunity is waiting somewhere

gamestop

1 hour ago, Sugarlips said:

The Chinese plunge protection team have been active this week, wonder how long that can keep their market artificially high?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-09/china-state-funds-said-to-buy-stocks-to-stem-worsening-rout?srnd=premium-asia

This is probably old news and apologies if already mentioned, I noticed earlier that Aliexpress now charge VAT at the point of sale. I assume this is the same for Ebay. I understand this has been in place since Jan of this year.

A 20% hike in prices of cheap tat from China, surely inflationary and I also wonder if it will hit sales or not? Prices already appear to be considerably increased as it is, I've assumed a lot of this is down to the big increases in prices on shipping containers.

Shame as I used to like buying cheap tat with the added bonus of not paying VAT to the UK government.

ThoughtCriminal
12 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

So Dave just saw this and got all giddy

Others calling for gold to head much lower

Let the games begin!

I keep say it but does anyone else recall such widely held divergent views? 

On a daily basis I'm seeing "experts" calling for gold to the moon/lower than a snakes belly, bonds to explode/crash through the earth's core etc etc

My conclusion is that it indicates how finely balanced things are. I'd be interested to hear any other thoughts. 

Archived